Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 4:10:31 PM EDT
Just got back from the store with my newest Sig family member....The XCompact.

I know the X-series uses fitted barrels and slides, but does it use the same parts as every other 320? Striker, extractor, springs, FCU, etc?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The X-Compact doesn't use a fitted barrel. That is only on the X-Carry and X-Five. The X-Compact IMO came about as a result of the popular mod people have been doing for a long time when they started paring their sub compact uppers with cut down compact frames. The mod was popular and the result was a very nice, balanced, compact pistol. S&W did something similar with the 2.0 and made a 3.6" compact. Even without the match barrel the X-Compact is an outstanding pistol. My wife claimed mine and it replaced her Glock 19C she has had for almost 10 years.

My X-Compact with my modded M18 safety delete and Apex kit.
Attachment Attached File

This is a mod I was playing with. I cut down a WC Carry frame to fit the X-Compact slide. The FCU is from my M17.
Attachment Attached File

My X-Carry
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice purchase OP

My Xcompact has been my favorite handgun since I bought it late last summer. Excellent all round

Looking forward to an Apex trigger and bar. Also waiting for Wilson to release a grip module for it
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
What light does everyone recommend? My X-300 U does not fit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joglee:
What light does everyone recommend? My X-300 U does not fit.
View Quote

TLR7A
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got one as well and have put two range sessions through it. I really like it and can shoot it as well as my Glocks. It seems like a good value for all you get. I did order a Blackpoint Tactical Holster OWB holster. However they did not have the option to add an Olight, so I just selected the Inforce APLc thinking an Olight would still fit. Anyone think that’s a bad idea?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
Nice purchase OP

My Xcompact has been my favorite handgun since I bought it late last summer. Excellent all round

Looking forward to an Apex trigger and bar. Also waiting for Wilson to release a grip module for it
View Quote

It has already become my favorite, and I also have a 320 full with a pro cut slide and a 320 carry. I am def going to have to get a X-Full, I love all the things that are included on this gun. I especially like the loaded chamber indicator.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Huxter:
I just got one as well and have put two range sessions through it. I really like it and can shoot it as well as my Glocks. It seems like a good value for all you get. I did order a Blackpoint Tactical Holster OWB holster. However they did not have the option to add an Olight, so I just selected the Inforce APLc thinking an Olight would still fit. Anyone think that’s a bad idea?
View Quote

It may not work as most holsters for light bearing weapons use the light as the friction point to hold the weapon in the holster, not the gun or trigger guard.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Was work done to your slides?

I thought the rear sight was removed when adding a red dot...at least on my X Carry it is that way.

Yours have the rear sight and red dot, which is preferred IMO...it's my one issue with my X Carry. I love the X Ray night sights, but to use the red dot I loose the rear sight.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is the A model just the updated switch?

I have a regular TLR7 on my xcompact frame

Originally Posted By srob7001:

Was work done to your slides?

I thought the rear sight was removed when adding a red dot...at least on my X Carry it is that way.

Yours have the rear sight and red dot, which is preferred IMO...it's my one issue with my X Carry. I love the X Ray night sights, but to use the red dot I loose the rear sight.

I think you can get a rear sight attachment for the Leupold DPP but I'm not sure if that's what he has going on there or not.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]

I thought the rear sight was removed when adding a red dot...at least on my X Carry it is that way.

Yours have the rear sight and red dot, which is preferred IMO...it's my one issue with my X Carry. I love the X Ray night sights, but to use the red dot I loose the rear sight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They are the pro model slides.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thormx538:

Is the A model just the updated switch?

View Quote

Updated switch.  You apply pressure from the top so you don't have to adjust your grip.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats!
Went to the GS today to get and X-Carry or a Pro-Carry, well as yo can imagine that didnt go well. Nowhere in sight!
But they did have the RXP X-Compact. I bought it and took it home. Ran 40 rounds through it until tomorrow. Grip is a little small in hand for me.
Its a great gun though. Mine was Born on 19 March 2020. I noticed with mine the Rear sights have changed as opposed to yours. Mine has the X-Ray Suppressor sights which let it co-witness through the Optic of the Romeo 1. Unfortunately, I may trade the Slide kit and grip for a Carry or Pro...I dont think Sig is making the Large Grip Frames for these yet, I hope they do though.

cp
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont give up on it just yet! You can get a larger grip module and trim the front down to match the length of the slide. One or two guys here have done it with great results.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#14]
After a hell of a lot of reading and considering its intended use. I think you are right. This one may stay in the stable. I am going to put some more round through it tomorrow and see how I feel tomorrow......LOL
Its really growing on me.
cp
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#15]
My Sig collection is all 22X series metal and my ploy pistols are Glocks.  

The Glock 19 is, IMO, the perfect fit for me, followed by the Glock 45 (19 slide on a 17 frame)

Really would like to get a 320 Sig, is the 320X Compact similar to the Glock 19 in size?

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
My Sig collection is all 22X series metal and my ploy pistols are Glocks.  

The Glock 19 is, IMO, the perfect fit for me, followed by the Glock 45 (19 slide on a 17 frame)

Really would like to get a 320 Sig, is the 320X Compact similar to the Glock 19 in size?

View Quote

The X-Compact will have about the same grip length as the G19 (15-round capacity), but a slightly shorter barrel and slide. If you want a pistol that’s closest to a 1-to-1 replacement for the G19, look at the Compact P320. That will have the closest match to the grip length and barrel/slide length
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
My Sig collection is all 22X series metal and my ploy pistols are Glocks.  

The Glock 19 is, IMO, the perfect fit for me, followed by the Glock 45 (19 slide on a 17 frame)

Really would like to get a 320 Sig, is the 320X Compact similar to the Glock 19 in size?

View Quote

It has nearly the same grip length and uses a 15 round magazine.

Barrel is .3" shorter than the G19 though. I would say though the grip module and trigger on the X-Compact blows away the G19 and it comes with much better night sights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:
Congrats!
Went to the GS today to get and X-Carry or a Pro-Carry, well as yo can imagine that didnt go well. Nowhere in sight!
But they did have the RXP X-Compact. I bought it and took it home. Ran 40 rounds through it until tomorrow. Grip is a little small in hand for me. 
Its a great gun though. Mine was Born on 19 March 2020. I noticed with mine the Rear sights have changed as opposed to yours. Mine has the X-Ray Suppressor sights which let it co-witness through the Optic of the Romeo 1. Unfortunately, I may trade the Slide kit and grip for a Carry or Pro...I dont think Sig is making the Large Grip Frames for these yet, I hope they do though.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/923/0rUZDp.jpghttps://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/924/mTBajG.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/924/6sZkXE.jpg

cp
View Quote

The RXP line comes standard with suppressor height sights. The X-Compact is a separate line. I did speak to Corogan(I'm sure I butchered his name). He stated the RXP line is not replacing the X-Full and X-Compact line.

From what I can tell the 320 lines are being scaled down to 5 lines.

X-Full/X-Compact.
RXP X-Full/RXP X-Compact.
Nitron Full/Nitron Compact.
RXP Nitron Full/RXP Nitron Compact.
M17/M18
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Congrats on the X-Compact. I bought mine right after they came out. I just started recently carrying it again. Not sure why I stopped in the first place. It really is the perfect gun with a lot of nice features. I own a G19 as well. To me, the comfort of the grip compared to a G19 doesn’t even come close.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked this up yesterday.

My first foray into RDS sights.

The gun feels good. Need to get the range Thai weekend.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#21]
My range trips with the X-compact have been very positive. I really like the x-ray sights. I now consider it my primary carry pistol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#22]
How does the grip width or circumference and trigger reach feel as compared to a G19? Not sure if a small x frame is available. Don’t have sig yet for comparison and the smaller grips on something like the p10 or 2.0 are better for me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Check this site out, you can compare pistols to see what you you may like, etc. Just clear my link and you can type in whatever to compare

https://www.handgunhero.com

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-glock-g43x
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Will the RXP line include a manual safety model?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How does the grip width or circumference and trigger reach feel as compared to a G19? Not sure if a small x frame is available. Don’t have sig yet for comparison and the smaller grips on something like the p10 or 2.0 are better for me.
View Quote

The frame itself is not smaller, it came with a M grip. It's only shorter in the rail and magwell area.

Also does anyone know which X-Grip works with the X-Compact and a 21rnd magazine? Thinking of trying one so I can carry a 21rnd mag and have it look like it was designed for it. Plus I have a lot of full size 17rnd and 21rnd magazine and really don't want to invest in 15rnd magazines for just one of my 320's.

The X-Grips look like the solution to my problem.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]
You will have to cut a Carry grip module down to fit the X-Compacts 3.6" slide. The Carry and Compact slide is 3.9". So you will have to remove and taper .3" off the front of the module. It will work though and it balances well. I played with that set up for awhile. For me it didn't make as much sense since I already have an X-Compact and multiple Carry models. If I only had one P320 though I'd be using my modified version. It doesn't add much to the grip length, it is still easy to conceal and balances well. I did this with an extra WC Carry module I had laying around.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

It looks better in person but like I said I don't use it because since I already have both sizes I don't really need a hybrid.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My X-Compact with my modded M18 safety delete and Apex kit.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG_7884_JPG-1402990.JPG
View Quote

@Charlie_Foxtrot

How did you do the safety delete?  Is there a kit?  I thought I looked it up some time ago before I changed grips and removing the safety wasn't a simple thing from what I remember.  

I modded an X5 grip to fit my M17 with safety but I'd really rather just get rid of the safety.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@Charlie_Foxtrot

How did you do the safety delete?  Is there a kit?  I thought I looked it up some time ago before I changed grips and removing the safety wasn't a simple thing from what I remember.  

I modded an X5 grip to fit my M17 with safety but I'd really rather just get rid of the safety.
View Quote

It's actually pretty easy. You will need a Safety lever pin and a new trigger bar. Since I was planning on upgrading the trigger anyways I just bought the Apex kit with their forward set trigger bar and the safety lever pin. Took about five minutes to change out.

https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-sauer-small-parts-shoppers/p320-parts-picker/?location=safetyleverpin#

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks, appreciate it.  Now I just need to decide if it's worth buying another grip to lose the safety.  Really should have done some more research.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#30]
If you have an M17 check out the Wilson Combat module. It is worth the money IMO. If they come out with a version for the X-Compact I will be replacing my X-series grip.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's actually pretty easy. You will need a Safety lever pin and a new trigger bar. Since I was planning on upgrading the trigger anyways I just bought the Apex kit with their forward set trigger bar and the safety lever pin. Took about five minutes to change out.
View Quote

FYI, you don't need to change the trigger bar if deleting the safety.  The X5 Legion actually runs the MS trigger bar. Combined with the skeletonized trigger it's the best 'factory' 320 trigger you can get.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#32]
So just an update, if anyone with a X-Compact wants to run a full size mag without a gap this is what you need.

You will have to cut off the wings to make it work, but once removed it looks great.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#33]
This one is available aswell.

I just found this earlier today.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This one is available aswell.

I just found this earlier today.
View Quote

Thanks, I misread what it does at first.

What I like about the X-Grip is you can also use the 21rnd mags.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally found one in stock that wasn't $700+. Paid for last night, got the shipping notice today.

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#36]
I bought one when first came out. Rear sight removed for dot version.
   Later the new version came out that retains the rear sight and has suppressor height sights on it.
   Found a guy that wanted to trade slides so I did. Couldn’t be happier.

The frame size vs g19 is perfect. I love the 19 but if not careful I’ll pinch the meat of my hand doing mag changes usually ends up bloody lol.
   So I never carried the 19 for that reason. I was going to get the Xcarry but it’s g17 size.
    The X Compact “to me” is perfect size! Just as small as the g19 but grip is just a tiny bit longer and I can do fast mag changes with no worry.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#37]
You guys have me wanting one of these and I don’t even like guns that aren’t full size .
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#38]
At least go handle one at a store/shop. You might like it of you give it a try
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You guys have me wanting one of these and I don’t even like guns that aren’t full size .
View Quote

It's pretty much G19 sized.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Which dot(s) fit the 320 X Compact?  I gave up looking a year ago, but would like to finally add one.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Which dot(s) fit the 320 X Compact?  I gave up looking a year ago, but would like to finally add one.
View Quote

Delta point Pro and Romeo 1 (I think) are direct attachable. Bobro and CHPWS make adapters to put about anything else on.

I'm waiting impatiently for UPS to run so I can put an RM06 on my X Compact with the Bobro mount.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 2:21:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Springer precision also has a plate for various mounts. Im waiting on an SRO to put on my Xcompact.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

X compact is the perfect size. Great grip module and just a great design
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top