Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2018 11:16:32 AM EDT
Anyone else get this email? Looks to me like a pixelated CCP to me, but that could just be a ruse. Maybe they are going to compete with the S&W 380 Shield EZ with a .380 CCP versus the PK380.

Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Any hints about it yet?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Day 1
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It probably has a button mag release so meh.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Could also be a CCP M2. The CCP has had it's share of issues (with the early guns) and a recall, but Walther seems pretty intent on keeping it alive. Perhaps they put some work into it and are giving it another go. Like I said the pic looks sort of like a CCP, but then again most polymer Walther's have the same basic shape.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
This is not a tag, just a bookmark.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#6]
hmmm, this might be interesting
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hmmm, this might be interesting
View Quote
Not if it's really made by Umarex...
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It probably has a button mag release so meh.
View Quote
Yup - I agree.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Single stack 45
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]
So it is indeed a CCP M2. It looks pretty much the same but now features a tool-less take down, improved trigger, cerakoted slide, striker coking indicator, and apparently has better fit and finish than the older model.

The Outdoor Wire

The FirearmsGuy already has a review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69QqODyVVpc
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]
that is a Umarex build then, right?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The FirearmsGuy already has a review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69QqODyVVpc
View Quote
Couldn't make it past 2 minutes of that video. Am I the only person that can't watch Youtube videos done by people with a lisp? Drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
that is a Umarex build then, right?
View Quote
At this point there is no longer a Walther and an Umarex, they are one. In the early days of the P22, PK380, and CCP there was a clear difference and you were going to get airsoft or bb gun quality in anything made at the Umarex factory. But in the last year or two Walther has elevated Umarex quite a bit, much more so than Umarex pulled Walther down. I think the CCP M2 was there way of demonstrating that to the gun community.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

At this point there is no longer a Walther and an Umarex, they are one. In the early days of the P22, PK380, and CCP there was a clear difference and you were going to get airsoft or bb gun quality in anything made at the Umarex factory. But in the last year or two Walther has elevated Umarex quite a bit, much more so than Umarex pulled Walther down. I think the CCP M2 was there way of demonstrating that to the gun community.
View Quote
Still a huge dice roll considering PPS M2 LE's with 3 mags can be had new for as low as $330 now.  That CCP will need to be a $239 gun IMHO
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't think the PPS M2 and the CCP M2 are aimed at the same consumer. The CCP is more like the S&W Shield 380 EZ that is targeted toward people with weaker hands, more sensitive to recoil, and first time gun owners who want something they can carry or put in their night stand. The PPS M2 is not designed for the role but the CCP M2 is.

My interest in it is based on one factor alone, the grip. I have big hands and guns like the PPS M2, Shield, G43, LC9S, etc. all feel horrible in my hands. Plus I do not like/want a pinch point when changing mags, thus I need something where the grip is longer than 6/7 rounds. The Bersa BP9CC works but the trigger is insanely light. The Kahr CT9 works too, but the mag followers are horrible and the the trigger so long.

Of course with the CCP M2 hitting shelves at around $400, that means the old model CCP could very well hit clearance racks at under $299. Perhaps even close to $250.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Of course with the CCP M2 hitting shelves at around $400, that means the old model CCP could very well hit clearance racks at under $299. Perhaps even close to $250.
View Quote
Original CCPs are still over priced at $250.   A toy gun from a toy gun manufacturer.  If it wasn't made in Ulm it's not worth the price.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Original CCPs are still over priced at $250.   A toy gun from a toy gun manufacturer.  If it wasn't made in Ulm it's not worth the price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.  You'd have to pay ME to take a gen 1 CCP.  What a royal POS that gun is.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

At this point there is no longer a Walther and an Umarex, they are one. In the early days of the P22, PK380, and CCP there was a clear difference and you were going to get airsoft or bb gun quality in anything made at the Umarex factory. But in the last year or two Walther has elevated Umarex quite a bit,  
View Quote
based on??? What has come out of umarex in the last year or two that wasnt junk to lead you to make this statement?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a 1st generation CCP with over 1k rounds through it without a failure, put another 50 rnds through it today. The only issue I have is the takedown. The reason for getting CCP was the grip, which is similar to my PPQ. Glad to see Walther is staying with this gun and giving us this updated version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top