Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2024 11:15:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder]
I recently bought a G3C Taurus. This is the first Taurus I have ever owned, but I have shot a friends Taurus on occasion.

My new G3C cost just under $300 out-the-door, which I thought was a good price. I bought this pistol as a defensive carry pistol that I could practice shooting often, lots of rounds, and I could carry with me but if dropped or damaged from carry I would not particularly care.

I now have approximately 500 rounds through my G3C with no malfunctions. I have shot hollow points, factory 115 gr and 124 grain, and my own reloads. No failures! So I consider this pistol dependable for carry.

There are three upgrades I am making to the G3C. I will change out the recoil spring to an all steel recoil spring assembly, and will change out a plastic part in the back to a stainless replacement. No other mods needed in my opinion. I did order a 15-round mag. It came with two 12-round mags.

I am impressed with the G3C and I now consider it dependable enough for carry.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an earlier G2C.  Taurus got these right.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Look up Lakeline llc
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By snakeyes711:
Look up Lakeline llc
View Quote

Yep, already have the Lakeline stainless spring and guide rod, and the stainless striker guide. Took me about 30 minutes to do the install. I now have ninety rounds+ down range with them, no problems. I really didn't need these, but they were no problem to install and I like "steel".

Thanks for the input!

And yes, looks like Taurus got these right.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes they did get these right, and the price is right as well.
I have both the G2c and G3c, (the G3c is in .40s&w) and they both work just like they should. Can't beat the price for pistols that simply do what they should for a fair price.
Top Top