Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2019 12:24:46 PM EDT
Just got an email about a new Ruger single action .22lr revolver called the Wrangler.

Aluminum frame and new manufacturing process to reduce price to an MSRP of $249.

I have been thinking about a single six for a bit but the cost has kept me away. This might scratch that itch.

Ruger Wrangler

Pretty sure this model has my name on it

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Very Interesting!!!  I wonder how they will fall between a single six and a heritage rough rider.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, will check one out at LGS when they get them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd bet that revolver is a far better firearm than the Heritage Rough Rider for those looking for an inexpensive option.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a fun little gun.

Pretty sad, this on their website;

"The Wrangler™ is not available for sale in Minnesota and Massachusetts."
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Street pricing;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
These are looking great!
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The grip frame looks like is might be polymer? Nice looking little single action.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The grip frame looks like is might be polymer? Nice looking little single action.
View Quote
The cylinder frame is an aluminum alloy but the grip frame is a cast zinc alloy.

Link Posted: 4/21/2019 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I only paid $99 tax free for my Heritage Rough Rider NIB.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Shooting Ruger's NEW Wrangler 22 LR Single-Action Sixgun - Gunblast.com
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Local gun store just sent out email , $179.95 + Tax.

Does the heritage rough rider have a transfer bar in it? It was my thinking they did not. These look SWEET.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Several places have gone live now for preordering. 179.99 w/ free shipping is tough to pass up! I ordered 3, one for each boy. Fourth one is still in diapers so he gets the shaft for now.  Him and I will have to wait for the 10 shot Lipsey specials. As a bonus, the Ruger quality control issues will have been worked out by then.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll pick up the first bronze or silver one I find at an LGS for under $200.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#14]
My local shop just got them in, $159.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Won't you share some pics of yours? Please don't tell me you had the chance to be the first on Arfcom Avenue with a Ruger Wrangler at that price and you passed on it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't think these would be found in the wild for another 2-3 weeks. LGS is trying to snag a silver one for me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wow! I doubt any local shops here will be below $199.  Is your area usually that competitive with pricing?  Maybe that will become the real street price.  I'll buy two if I see them for that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Won't you share some pics of yours? Please don't tell me you had the chance to be the first on Arfcom Avenue with a Ruger Wrangler at that price and you passed on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They posted it to facebook and sold out pretty quick, didn't see it in person.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wow! I doubt any local shops here will be below $199.  Is your area usually that competitive with pricing?  Maybe that will become the real street price.  I'll buy two if I see them for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the cheapest gunshop I know, they mark up sub $500 $10, 500-1000 $20, and $1000+ $30. He did several million out a 30x30 building last year.

That puts his cost at $149 delivered.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's the cheapest gunshop I know, they mark up sub $500 $10, 500-1000 $20, and $1000+ $30. He did several million out a 30x30 building last year.

That puts his cost at $149 delivered.
View Quote
Yeah, I haven't seen anything like that in or near my state.  I'd be happy to find one for $179.  I still think $199 will be the common price in my area.

If anybody else sees these in the wild, post up the price.  It'll be interesting to see where they settle in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I checked out one at my LGS today. They want $198.

Pretty solid little revolver with a real nice trigger pull.

Would make a nice kit gun.  I'm considering getting one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I just missed one! I called 3 stores and one had one arrive via UPS 10 minutes before I called, but they sold it already.  It was black.  They sold it for $199.  Another store said they will get them soon and will sell them for between $170 and $180.  I'll snag the first silver or bronze one I see.  I've got the itch to get one, a nice Ruger holster, my Henry Golden boy, a big box of ammo, and a cowboy hat and have some fun with my sons for an afternoon at the range!
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Been on the hunt for one of these too with no luck. I really want the silver one to go with my Henry Evil Roy, but if I find a black one I will snag it, as I will probably need two eventually anyway.

Something about dual wielding single actions just puts a big dumb grin on my face ( well, more dumb than usual )
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Handled them at the NRA exhibits. Going to get the bronze one when I find one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I just became first on a waiting list for one from a high volume LGS.  $179 plus tax.  It'll be the first bronze or silver one that comes in next.  They've already had two black ones.  Another LGS is selling them for $199 and they've had two as well.  The last one was bronze and sold within 5 minutes of being put in the display case.

Now I have to decide on a holster.  Ruger has 3 I'm considering, with the simplest leather holster being cheapest, at 30 bucks.  There is a nicer one with an old west look to it for 40, and a black Duratec flap holster for 45.  I'm leaning toward the cheapest one.  It looks good, is simple, and stays with the whole point of this gun...inexpensive shooting.

Black would look good with all of them, but the brown might be pretty neat with the bronze.

Ruger Wrangler Holsters
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just became first on a waiting list for one from a high volume LGS.  $179 plus tax.  It'll be the first bronze or silver one that comes in next.  They've already had two black ones.  Another LGS is selling them for $199 and they've had two as well.  The last one was bronze and sold within 5 minutes of being put in the display case.

Now I have to decide on a holster.  Ruger has 3 I'm considering, with the simplest leather holster being cheapest, at 30 bucks.  There is a nicer one with an old west look to it for 40, and a black Duratec flap holster for 45.  I'm leaning toward the cheapest one.  It looks good, is simple, and stays with the whole point of this gun...inexpensive shooting.

Black would look good with all of them, but the brown might be pretty neat with the bronze.

Ruger Wrangler Holsters
View Quote
I like the Triple K Western with the retention strap.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Local lgs has some at full retail. Look ok for the money and may get one after the usual Ruger recall on first release.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Got one

Stopped at a local gun shop today to pick up some other stuff and made a pass by the display case, no Wranglers. Go round up the other stuff I was there to get and browse around a bit. I needed a crush washer for an AR flash hider but they had none in the parts isle. I asked an employee and he said they had some in the back. He brings it out and I was turning to go pay and leave when I hear two other employees talking and see the box on top of the display case. They were passing it back and forth checking it out. I wandered over and see it is the silver model, just like I wanted. Everywhere I have gone and asked about the Wranglers has told me they are pretty hard to get in this area, and they have started waiting lists. I asked how many they got in, and was told two. I asked how long their waiting list was and they looked at each other then back at me and said there was no list... SCORE!!! $199.99 but at least it was in stock and no shipping / transfer fee.

Pretty neat little gun. The spring in the ejector rod is pretty weak / sloppy so it rattles just handling it. Upon closer inspection, the spring is plenty strong for what it needs to be, it is just the head of the ejector rod has a little slop where it comes out of the housing and when you move it very much it rattles. The cylinder has a little slop too, even when the trigger is pulled and held back. I don’t expect much for this price point though and everything I have seen on these review wise says they shoot pretty well, so my fingers are crossed. All in all I am happy with the purchase. Hope to take it to the range this weekend. Will post an update if I do.

Attachment Attached File

Rattle rattle

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I want one. They are going to put a hurting on Heritage.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#31]
... picked up a silver one today for $179
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#32]
They should do one engraved and nickel plated.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They should do one engraved and nickel plated.  

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d3/7b/65/d37b657afd7420f23784b93104da1443.jpg
View Quote
I’m waiting on a Ruger break top.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh, and just kidding of course.

As soon as the Wrangler gets plentiful I will be getting one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top