Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2018 1:44:42 PM EDT
Made an impulse buy on one last week and got it to the range today. Straight from the box I was easily outshooting all my G4 G17, G19 & G26. Will be looking to CGW for trigger upgrades.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You can bend the trigger bar spring down little less than 1/8" and it will take the stacking/stagey feeling out of the trigger.
I have the fully duty package in mine and Dawson black rear fiber front setup.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Will that affect the right side safety or decocker lever since the trigger bar seems to hold it in place?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It applies pressure to the trigger bar not the safety/decocker.  If you look right underneath the trigger bar you will see a wire bar applying upwards pressure on the trigger bar.  You are only bending it down just a little less than 1/8th inch just to take some pressure off the trigger bar.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah, OK.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, such a great pistol.  I bought the CGW trigger reset kit and appropriate hammer spring.  This old genius helped me:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=63210.0

Hope the link works.
I first shot it with a couple of buddies who shot it better than their own guns immediately.  I now have a compensator, threaded barrel and cgw 15lb spring and stainless rod coming.

It doesn't need any of that, but this is the pistol I chose to pimp out.  Have fun shooting any ammo accurately and reliably for ever
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine too.  Its an awesome gun.
I put a +2 base pad on a couple magazines and a Surefire X300 on it and now its one of my main HD guns.

I also put a CGW stainless rod and one of their 18# springs in it.  Ive considered sending it in to CGW since I hear such good things about them but I dont want to be without it haha.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Just shoot 500 rounds through it. It will smooth out. My P-07 is smooth with that plus dry firing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a black P-09 suppressor ready version with the full CGW Pro Package (installed myself) and it's absolutely one of my favorite guns to shoot. My trigger breaks at 8.5lbs DA and 3lbs SA and the short reset is very nice. I'd highly recommend the CGW kit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude, such a great pistol.  I bought the CGW trigger reset kit and appropriate hammer spring.  This old genius helped me:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=63210.0

Hope the link works.
I first shot it with a couple of buddies who shot it better than their own guns immediately.  I now have a compensator, threaded barrel and cgw 15lb spring and stainless rod coming.

It doesn't need any of that, but this is the pistol I chose to pimp out.  Have fun shooting any ammo accurately and reliably for ever
View Quote
I am the old genius in the link above.  (Dr was 1/2 right)  I made those videos several years ago and I now have two P-09s and one P-07 and shoot them still.  The P-09 with the red dot is still my most accurate pistol at 100 and 200 yards from a bench.  You are going to have a good time with that pistol.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can bend the trigger bar spring down little less than 1/8" and it will take the stacking/stagey feeling out of the trigger.
I have the fully duty package in mine and Dawson black rear fiber front setup.
View Quote
Just came here to say that this is an awesome hack! Just did it on mine and the DA feel is smooth as glass now. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just came here to say that this is an awesome hack! Just did it on mine and the DA feel is smooth as glass now. Thanks!
View Quote
I found out about it reading one day online when I first got my P09 and the stacking stagey feeling on my DA was still there after shooting it a bit.  The trigger had smoothed some but the DA feeling was still not as nice.  I tried it and boom the DA was so much smoother.  Then I made an order to CGW....
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got myself a used P09 that was like NIB condition.  Actually came with the box, extra mag, all the paperwork and manuals. Gun was pristine clean. Looking forward to some range time.

Is there a drop-in threaded barrel available for this gun? I'm thinking of using it as a host for a can.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just got myself a used P09 that was like NIB condition.  Actually came with the box, extra mag, all the paperwork and manuals. Gun was pristine clean. Looking forward to some range time.

Is there a drop-in threaded barrel available for this gun? I'm thinking of using it as a host for a can.
View Quote
The barrels are not 100% drop in they may or may not require very minor fitting of the barrel hood to the slide.  5-10mins job including getting the tools out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Got to put a few boxes of ammo through it this morning. Shoots very nice...points well...very accurate and comfortable to shoot. One bummer...the screw on the end of the guide rod came loose and started to back out. I put some locktite on it and torqued it back on. Will get it back out to the range in a few days and run a few more boxes through it and see what happens. Hopefully it stays put.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top