Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2018 4:13:47 AM EDT
So I know the Omega system has a slightly different trigger mechanism than the original CZ-75 series, but I've only had this gun for a week and I'm seriously considering selling it, unfired.  Double-action is atrocious, probably 20 pounds and gritty as hell.  The single action has seemingly three stages and an extremely mushy break.  I don't have any desire to spend another $500 in custom work just to get it up to par, trigger-wise, with a stock Beretta. What can be done relatively inexpensively, like the Beretta D-spring, to clean some of this up?  I've shot absolutely outstanding stock CZ triggers so I know it's possible (one of them being a recent P-01 Omega Urban Gray)

I have no compunction about walking away from it, these things seem to be out of stock everywhere again so it shouldn't be hard to move.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve had a number of 75 based CZs.  They did smooth out with a lot of ammo, but the best way to instant great trigger is Cajun gun works, CGW.   Pretty complex fire control group compared to a glock, but a lot of guys DIY.

You can just ship it yourself, and it will come home awesome. No ffl needed.

Yeah, I just saw where you don’t want to spend $ on it.  There are some DIY fixes on YouTube.  Never tried one tho
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Watch some YouTube’s on the trigger.   Polish parts.  Run that or buy inexpensive replacement springs as well.

Or sell it if you're not handy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you called CZ? No out of the box trigger should be that bad.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
From my experience on the omega trigger in the P-07 and P-09, stacking and staging in the SA mode is usually either a sear with bad geometry or an outright gouge on the face, and/or too much slop in the roller bearing and trigger bar interaction.  Really it would be best to have someone experienced with the system take it to parts and inspect the operation to find the issue, rather than try just blindly swapping parts, etc.  The very heavy DA also sounds like there is more going on, might even be a bad part that missed a machining step or something...
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you called CZ? No out of the box trigger should be that bad.
View Quote
Concur. I would ask for a shipping label as well. I've had several CZ75s through the years and none were even close to what you describe...and the Omega trigger is supposed to be even better.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Concur. I would ask for a shipping label as well. I've had several CZ75s through the years and none were even close to what you describe...and the Omega trigger is supposed to be even better.
View Quote
I haven't contacted them yet, but if what I'm experiencing sounds that far out of the realm of normal, I suppose it's worth a shot. I really want to love this gun, it has so much else going for it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
You haven’t even shot it yet.  Clean, lube and run a couple hundred rounds through it first.   My bone stock P01 has a fair DA and a decent SA.  It is a great shooter for sure.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You haven’t even shot it yet.  Clean, lube and run a couple hundred rounds through it first.   My bone stock P01 has a fair DA and a decent SA.  It is a great shooter for sure.
View Quote
A fair point, but I have never, ever had a gun come out of the box that takes practically both index fingers to pull the trigger in DA

I'll put a couple boxes through this weekend and see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A fair point, but I have never, ever had a gun come out of the box that takes practically both index fingers to pull the trigger in DA
View Quote
That sounds very wrong, like possibly unsafe to try shooting wrong...

Could you share some pics of the inner works possibly?  Remove the slide and snap some shots of the FCG, trigger bar, trigger, etc.  If it's as bad as you say, someone might be able to notice a glaring issue from just that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I haven't contacted them yet, but if what I'm experiencing sounds that far out of the realm of normal, I suppose it's worth a shot. I really want to love this gun, it has so much else going for it.
View Quote
If you mention the same points I’m fairly certain that they will take care of it.

Fwiw, I recently read of a similar situation, not an omega IIRC, and the guy got it back with what he described as a phenomenal trigger.

Definitely worth a try imo.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got a P-01 Omega a couple weeks ago.  Trigger is pretty decent out of the box.  Definitely nothing like what you're describing.  Do you currently have it set up as decocker or safety?  Is it possible something there is screwed up?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just got a P-01 Omega a couple weeks ago.  Trigger is pretty decent out of the box.  Definitely nothing like what you're describing.  Do you currently have it set up as decocker or safety?  Is it possible something there is screwed up?
View Quote
Currently set up as it came, with the decocker. No issues there, the lever and action are smooth and positive.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ll say this, CZ has given me awesome customer service in the past.
I sent them a broken P07, they sent it back in 3 weeks fixed.  They paid shipping too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So I know the Omega system has a slightly different trigger mechanism than the original CZ-75 series, but I've only had this gun for a week and I'm seriously considering selling it, unfired.  Double-action is atrocious, probably 20 pounds and gritty as hell.  The single action has seemingly three stages and an extremely mushy break.  I don't have any desire to spend another $500 in custom work just to get it up to par, trigger-wise, with a stock Beretta. What can be done relatively inexpensively, like the Beretta D-spring, to clean some of this up?  I've shot absolutely outstanding stock CZ triggers so I know it's possible (one of them being a recent P-01 Omega Urban Gray)

I have no compunction about walking away from it, these things seem to be out of stock everywhere again so it shouldn't be hard to move.
View Quote
I bought a p07 that was like this recently and $50 in Cajun  parts and some polishing made it a different gun.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a regular P-01 and the trigger was horrible as well. I spent a day polishing the internals, it made it a new gun.

Mine was a used gun so CZ told me to take a hike so figuring it out myself was my only option.

You can call them but you have a functioning gun just not a smooth gun so they may tell you to deal with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
1-800-955-4486, call and find out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a bit extreme.  Call them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#18]
First out of the box the trigger is going to suck I will agree with you.  After you shoot it though the pistols trigger components are going to wear off factory finish, start mating to each other, lighten up, and smooth out.  Also from the factory the trigger bar support spring applies a lot of pressure to the trigger bar giving it the heavy staking/stagey feel.  You can bend this bar down a little less than 1/8" or a couple of millimeters and it will loosen up the staking/stagey feel.  You cannot judge a CZ trigger out of the box period end of story they all come out of the box very MEH.  After you start shooting it the trigger will change dramatically in the first 500 rounds as parts start wearing together.

My P-09 out of the box the trigger sucked it was heavy, stagey, and have a very staking feel in DA.  Bent the trigger bar spring down just a very little bit(emphasis on very small amount it does not need much) and hit the range with a load of ammo.  The more I shot it the better it goes and smoothed out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#19]
The Omega kit from CGW is no where near 500 bucks, is beyond easy to install, and makes the omega trigger amazing. That being said, the omega trigger in my P-01 wasn't great from the factory, but doesn't sound nearly as bad as what you are describing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I've read this a few times before but I have had 2 P01's and have 1 now thats a Omega. Neither gun had a double action pull as you say, mine were about
8/9 lbs. with a single action on my Omega thats wonderful maybe just shy of 5 lbs. and very smooth. I've read posts for years of people that did some cleaning
up in trigger area and a few not expensive  parts that made all the difference. The P01 is put together well with good parts and it looks like you needsome TLC
to get yours right but there's no doubt it will be right. Of coarse you have to be willing to do some work but call CZ they may just be able to help you out because
your gun sounds to be excessive.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Remove the decocker/safety and check the trigger bar spring. The P-07 and P-09 I’ve had both had way too much spring pressure pushing up on the trigger bar adding weight. See here and scroll down to see the before and after trigger bar spring tension.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top