Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2022 4:15:03 PM EDT
Anyone else carrying one of these little guys??

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm still carrying a Defender, same size but with sights.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50-140:
I'm still carrying a Defender, same size but with sights.
View Quote

I've been looking for the all-stainless Defender. The Elite? I think it's called. OP, I have the NA and it's a hoot to shoot and carry. I freaking love it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 5:07:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kokopelli] [#3]
I have carried a New Agent for about 12 years now. This is my third one ( long story) and only one with the CT laser grips that came with it.

I have toyed with making this a ‘stainless’ NA for a while now  

Colt used Cerakote ‘Savage Stainless’ color on the Defenders and the stainless XSE line, so that would take care of the frame, then stainless Defender small parts… that just leaves the slide, which would probably be hard chromed.

I don’t think I’ve seen one yet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:
I have carried a New Agent for about 12 years now. This is my third one ( long story) and only one with the CT laser grips that came with it.

I have toyed with making this a ‘stainless’ NA for a while now  

Colt used Cerakote ‘Savage Stainless’ color on the Defenders and the stainless XSE line, so that would take care of the frame, then stainless Defender small parts… that just leaves the slide, which would probably be hard chromed.

I don’t think I’ve seen one yet.
View Quote

That would look pretty dang sweet!
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 4:54:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#5]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:
Anyone else carrying one of these little guys??
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73252/898696F2-9027-4174-854C-EC6A53A0DA8E_jpe-2286642.JPG
View Quote

Love mine!  It's the 'standard' NA in .45acp, not the CT-grip model.

Once I got thru the learning curve on how to acquire a consistent sight-picture with the 'gutter' (or 'trench') sight, it IS an accurate 3" .45 gun.

As someone else mentioned, the EGW recoil assembly for Defenders & NA models is definitely a product improvement. I had 500-550 rds thru mine (all with no issues with factory ammo or reloads) when I decided to try the EGW unit.  No question it smoothed-out the recoil impulse over the factory set-up.

The EGW is good insurance and I'll be ordering another one as a backup.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, its been my EDC for a couple years now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:59:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kokopelli] [#7]
I've got a wedding to pay for, so I got the New Agent cleaned up to take pictures and see about selling it.

After I took the NA apart, cleaned it up and played around with it, there's no way I'm getting rid of this thing!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one years ago. Didn't really love it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Just picked up a Defender with the stainless slide and black frame, in 9mm.
What a fun pistol to shoot!
What holster are you guys using?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one with factory installed XS sights. I love it. 45 ACP. It is my daily carry in shorts and T shirt weather.

I shot it in a few IDPA matches. It runs flawlessly and shoots great. One that I will never part with......also had a Wilson beaver tail GS installed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Just picked one up and am liking it so far.
Will run it though some shooting.
Been looking for a 3” Colt for some time.
Was looking for a Defender or New Agent and settled on a used New Agent with laser grips
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Did Colt ever make a nickel or hard chrome New Agent?  I picked one up in 9mm maybe 4-5 years ago dirt cheap.  Came with a ton of spare parts.  If I had to guess, some old timer sent it out for work to create his perfect CCW gun.  That he kicked the bucket and the kids sold it for nothing to the LGS.

I need to post it someday, still havent shot it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
Did Colt ever make a nickel or hard chrome New Agent?  I picked one up in 9mm maybe 4-5 years ago dirt cheap.  Came with a ton of spare parts.  If I had to guess, some old timer sent it out for work to create his perfect CCW gun. That he kicked the bucket and the kids sold it for nothing to the LGS. I need to post it someday, still havent shot it.
View Quote

AFAIK, Colt never made nickel or chrome NAs. Sounds like a custom re-finish job.

No criticism of that intended. It probably worked for the original owner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I would really like to find a New Agent.  I have 3 Colt Defenders that I absolutely love.  Reliable, accurate, just plain fun to shoot!  

Problem is finding a New Agent, for a decent price, that hasn't been beat to shit.  Trench sites don't bother me, but I would have to change out the grip safety for something more useful.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:37:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#16]
I’ve got one in 9mm.  I went classy and put some real (legal) ivory grips on it from Spressors:

I’ve got a Night Defender as well.  Sambar Stags from Spressors:

To me the only real downside is the limited spring life.  I put an EGW flat wire kit in the 45 Defender and so far, so good.  I’ll probably do the same with the 9mm Nee Agent.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top