Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2021 7:27:53 AM EDT
Just picked this up yesterday. Did not notice it on my first inspection, but when cleaning it after I shot it, I noticed the front sight is as far to the left as it can be, without being outside of the notch. The rear sight is perfectly centered. This thing shot one hole groups at 10 yards right out of the box, and the DA trigger pull is far superior to the 92FS and M9A1 Inox that I own. I know I shouldn't worry about it, but it is causing my OCD some serious issues. I read another post somewhere on here from another gentleman who had the same issue. Just curious if this is 'normal' for the 92X/M9A3 platform? I like the pistol, but it seems that the Gallatin Beretta's are just not quite what the Italian and Accokeek made guns were. Maybe it's just me...
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I do agree with you on the Gallatin guns not being up to the standards of the Italian guns.  I have three Gallatin 92's and two have minor issues.  On the 92X Centurion, my front sight was canted a bit.  Both the M9A1 and the 92X Centurion had some excess machining marks in non-critical areas.  The various Italian guns I have all have much better fit and finish, but both the US and Italian guns have all functioned perfectly for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You have 3 choices.

1) leave things alone and deal with it being a accurate pistol that shoots where you aim.

2) Drift the front to center, but move the rear the opposite direction and re-zero….if possible

3) move the front back to center and don’t hit shit cause it is no longer zeroed. Try to figure out some sort of Kentucky windage and let your OCD win.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah...pretty much what I'm thinking. Just leave it alone because it is dead-on for me. Just curious if this is common. Can't imagine I got that lucky for it to be accurate, or that they spend that much time sighting them in at the factory. But I am right handed and left eye dominant which makes me shoot to the left...so maybe it just worked out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
That thought had definitely crossed my mind. It is possibly the most accurate gun I have shot straight out of the box. I just don't see them spending that much time adjusting the sights on a production gun...but I have been wrong many times before. I know I'm making more of it than necessary, because it shoots great and runs flawlessly, but wouldn't you center the front sight and adjust the rear?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Depends on how much movement is needed. The front has move movement than the rear and when sighting you don’t see the front of the frame, just the FSP…soooo it’s only when your not actually shooting you notice the front drift.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes...all the above points are great. I would definitely prefer the front being off because you dont see it when shooting. If I start moving things it most likely will never shoot to the point of aim as it does now. I appreciate all the input from you gentlemen. I feel that it is less of an issue now...possibly even done intentionally. I just need to let the OCD calm down a bit. Some LOK G10 Bogies and a stainless gude rod upgrade and this should be ready for my home defense pistol. The DA pull is lighter and more suited to other's in the house. Sig and CZ triggers are just a bit too long and heavy for them. Not a fan of striker fired guns for "Bump In The Night" scenario.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That thought had definitely crossed my mind. It is possibly the most accurate gun I have shot straight out of the box. I just don't see them spending that much time adjusting the sights on a production gun...but I have been wrong many times before. I know I'm making more of it than necessary, because it shoots great and runs flawlessly, but wouldn't you center the front sight and adjust the rear?
View Quote

If it is truly the most accurate gun you've shot straight out of the box and it is hitting where you are pointing it, I wouldn't mess with a damn thing.  I'd just drive on and keep shooting the piss out of it.  I know drifting both sights and rezeroing is a simple mechanical exercise, and it sounds stupid to say it BUT you are asking for trouble messing with something that is working so well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I totally agree. It just bugged me at first. I am on the way to the range in a few minutes to plant some Freedom Seed's. Thanks for the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top