Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2019 2:26:41 PM EDT
IIRC, years back, a PPK/S in .22 or .380 was a $600+ gun. Did they change how they are manufactured? Do they use pot metal like in some of the other German .22lr guns?
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
probably alloy frame and slide...plastic internals..or just an re-introductory price.

I am tempted, see grabagun has em pretty cheap, I have a Bernadelli MDl 80 that's similar.
I have had it for 45 years so euro weenie styling handgun is covered..
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the newest PPK .22s are not the same as an actual ppk.

They are pretty well made for .modern .22lrs though. Or I should say the work well atleast.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one, picked it up for less than $230 NIB   I'm a fan of the older Brown and Bakelite like grips so I painted the grips Kona Brown and polished the barrel/chamber area so it looks more classic.  The grips are not compatible with originals.

The finish on these is fairly unremarkable and simple- flat black or a matte stainless look.

It is all metal, some heavy alloy as its very heavy.  It is not like a P22 or the many airsoft-ish 22 plastic guns out there.  This has heft to it.
Its barrel is similar to the P22 in which it is sleeved and is helpful for a thread adapter - I think it uses the same one as the Walther p22.

It's double action pull is terribly heavy, but single action is fine.  It shoots accurately, and handles a 22 suppressor well.

I runs great on most HV 22LR.  In suppressed mode it occasionally jams with  Aguila 22 Sub Sonic Snipers - the 60 grain heavy 22 subsonic round but runs CCI subsonic perfect." />

" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top