Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2020 6:33:15 PM EDT
Happy Friday everybody.

Looks like SDS is bringing in 1911A1 clones made by Tisas. Pretty nice clones for being in the $350 ballpark. I'm curious if anyone has gotten their hands on one yet?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up one of the US Army marked models. It is very nice. Good parked finish and a nice tight slide to frame fit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought 1 of the really nice parked U.S. Army models and it is really tight.  Bought mine otd for $365.00  really impressed!
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I work for a distributor that just picked up the SDS line.  I had training with SDS last week and was able to handle the entire line.  It is really hard to believe how nice those guns are for the price point they are at.  Good triggers, nice tight frame to slide fitment, nice lockup, polished feed ramp, slight mag bevel, they did a GREAT job with these.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 5:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#4]
Cast or forged?  Anyone with a Brinell tester? They look nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
View Quote
They are cast frames.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MINUTEMAN15:

They are cast frames.
View Quote
Incorrect.  They are forged.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 300WSM:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 300WSM:

They are cast frames.
Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up.

I'm very interested in these. I have a minty all original 1944 RR which I rarely shoot. I'd like a shooter, but cost has kept me away.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Their own website says forged frame, slide and barrel.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 3:34:54 AM EDT
[#9]
They are cast frames.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wildearp:
They are cast frames.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#10]
my LGS told me that when I bought it,  I seen the barrel was hammer forged but apparently I was wrong.  When I bought my other tisas 1911 from buds about 5 years ago it was advertised as cast I wonder if it is forged.
I apologize,  I hate misinformation as much as the next guy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#11]
If you handle one you can see they are obviously cast frames
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I finally picked up my SDS 1911A1 army clone chambered in 9mm.  I have never owned a 1911 before this, shot one once about 15 years ago.

I put about sixty rounds of assorted ammo through it without any issues.  It fed from the stock mec-gar and the aftermarket mec-gar 9 round magazines I bought just fine.  For whatever reason it was way easier loading the magazine that came with it, the feed lips on the five that I bought were a lot sharper for some reason and tore up my thumb.

Accuracy is on point!  The trigger is heavy compared to the CZ clones I have but those have trigger jobs.  With a lighter trigger I would enjoy this pistol more.  I did not experience any hammer bite even though I like to get my hand up on the beaver tail.  Practically every video on these pistols showed them all getting the bite.

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Are these series 70 type pistols,or do they have a FPS too?
Thanks.

Looking for a 9MM version.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bigthicket:
Are these series 70 type pistols,or do they have a FPS too?
Thanks.

Looking for a 9MM version.
View Quote

Yes to both, series 70  and they do make a 9
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

Yes to both, series 70  and they do make a 9
View Quote

Thank you sir! That's what i needed to know.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Unless they are making two kinds of the GI model, some of you guys are mistaken.

The one I picked up last Saturday has a Cerakote finish, not phosphate.

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#17]
On the Tisas M1911A1 clone the first thing I did to mine was get better brown plastic GI type grips.

It improved the looks. Other than that, it's shot just fine and a heck of a deal at under $400 out the door from a local gun store.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought one for $350.  Great shooter.  No malfunctions.  Nice and tight.  I replaced the grips.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I just got the GI model and it looks real close , no problems with any ammo or mags I tried . I like it the price seems to be going up on them mine was 400 plus range . I like it .
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By triaxle:
I just got the GI model and it looks real close , no problems with any ammo or mags I tried . I like it the price seems to be going up on them mine was 400 plus range . I like it .
View Quote

I need to get one. Really impressed with the quality of my Tisas Beretta copy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been holding out for their Duty Pistol in 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I have the 1911A1 US Army model.  It has forged frame and slide with rotary hammer forged barrel. Parkerized  finish
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TommyChong:
If you handle one you can see they are obviously cast frames
View Quote

Forged frame and slide, rotary hammer forged barrel
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I got a 1911 'Carry' (Commander size, 4.25" barrel) and its damn good quality. Especially for a $400ish price, ambi extended safeties, extended grip-safety, forward slide-serrations, tight as a snare-drum. I like it, I bought it just to have a nice .45 1911 as a shooter. It fills the void nicely.

I'm pretty sure it's all forged. Maybe they made cast ones in the past, but all things indicate they are actually forged barrel/slide/receiver... It doesn't 'feel' cheap either, I've only read a few negative reviews...

Really not sure what they were getting at, it's like most people are saying these are 4 or 5 star guns (myself included).. Then I'll read a 1 star review saying these are trash, horrid finish, terrible machine-marks, rattles, blah, blah...

So maybe some lemons exist, but from the two Tisas brand guns I own (1911 Carry, Zigana PX9). I'm 100% satisfied.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:36:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I've got the Tisas B45R Duty with all the standard updates.  So far it's been a great gun.Shoots fine
accurate as most any under $1000.00 1911.  Frame and slide are forged.  It all fits very well together nice finish.  Only complaint really is the grips are just cheap plastic.  I bought some Colt aftermarket
double checkered rose wood grips off of Ebay.  Looks and feels great. It is a very well made gun.
I like it a ton.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Here's the tag off mine:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked one up a few weeks ago. Haven't had the chance to get it out to the range yet but initial disassembly and cleaning looked really good. Have done some dry firing, trigger is surprising good, very little slack, crisp break about 4-5 lbs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#28]
So they make a 70 series 45 or 9mm with a rail that is forged? If so, which one? Cause I would buy one as a project base. Have heard alot of good things any them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 82ABN1:
I've got the Tisas B45R Duty with all the standard updates.  So far it's been a great gun.Shoots fine
accurate as most any under $1000.00 1911.  Frame and slide are forged.  It all fits very well together nice finish.  Only complaint really is the grips are just cheap plastic.  I bought some Colt aftermarket
double checkered rose wood grips off of Ebay.  Looks and feels great. It is a very well made gun.
I like it a ton.
View Quote

@82abn1 can you post a pic? I got the same pistol with the rail and it’s a sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
So they make a 70 series 45 or 9mm with a rail that is forged? If so, which one? Cause I would buy one as a project base. Have heard alot of good things any them.
View Quote

Yes the B45 and B45R are series 70 guns with forged in 45 or 9mm. Mine out the door was $510 including shipping and ffl transfer.

@MDStroup
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I've got the B45R shoots good quality is pretty high. I recommend it if you want a good 1911 that's not 3000 grand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:

Yes the B45 and B45R are series 70 guns with forged in 45 or 9mm. Mine out the door was $510 including shipping and ffl transfer.

@MDStroup
View All Quotes

@MDStroup

Thank you very much!! I was finally able to find a website that shows all the models when I used those names in google as well!! I really like the Duty and carry version of the B45R. Don't know witch would be better first, a full sized(duty) or a command sized(carry) 1911. I really hope they make a 9mm version of those two series as well. I see they make the GI as a 9mm. I would get the carry in 9mm and the Duty in 45acp in a heart beart.

https://www.sdsimports.com/sdsimports-1911-pistols-s/430118639.htm
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:57:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Thank you very much!! I was finally able to find a website that shows all the models when I used those names in google as well!! I really like the Duty and carry version of the B45R. Don't know witch would be better first, a full sized(duty) or a command sized(carry) 1911. I really hope they make a 9mm version of those two series as well. I see they make the GI as a 9mm. I would get the carry in 9mm and the Duty in 45acp in a heart beart.

View All Quotes

@MDStroup

I should get one of those GI's. I'm very happy with my Fatih 13.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I have one of the GI model bought over a year ago and its been great looks great every time I see another I almost buy it , who cares about the so called cheap grips , I put GI grips on mine Love it .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top