Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2018 7:08:24 PM EDT
So,
I just pulled the trigger on this original Walther P38 - WWII.
Heavily pitted and all. Bought it relatively cheap at USD600

I have/had in mind to have her refinished. I am in CA and here few if any bluing guns services due to this or that regulation of sorts.
She would end up being cerakoted or some other finish. Naturally, I'd try a color/finish that is somewhat appropriate for the period - hence not yellow and so on (either grey, blue or some custom combination of sorts depending on the skills of the guys that will cerakote here in San Diego).

I am wondering: what would you do? Some of you wouldn't touch her (she shoots great, by the way - no mechanical issues) but the pitting will bother me. I bought her because she can be a project (nice on) WWII Walther P38.

Do you have suggestions on finishes, shops or things of this sort? I'd rather not send her to some other state to then get her back here - lots of things involved when speaking California.

Including pictures from the seller - this is what she looks like currently.

Thanks!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up Thor's Luger Clinic, I think he is a member of this site also. Beautiful work.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look up Thor's Luger Clinic, I think he is a member of this site also. Beautiful work.
View Quote
Will do - had no idea, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It may have fought hard to look like that.

Most Luger restoration shops will do P38s as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 2:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It may have fought hard to look like that.

Most Luger restoration shops will do P38s as well.
View Quote
That's why I am in doubt to restore or touch it anyways - I'll keep on reflecting on this, especially once she's in my hands.

Thanks all for looking
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top