Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2023 8:13:36 AM EDT
Kusiak LOOKS nice and slim. I've never used anything else, but I find this thing painfully uncomfortable. A little to the left and it's digging into bone, a little to the right and it's digging into skin.

I refuse to use a plastic holster, but there's gotta be another leather one suitable for this
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.boraii.com/store/p101/SIG-P365-KYDEX-CONCEALLED-CARRY-POCKET-HOLSTER.html

??
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I used a Highnoon Tail-gunner to iwb a CZ Shadow for a number of years. Has the best leather draw imo. I used it for IDPA quite often.

When I switched to Glock I started using the half kydex half leather style. Check out Comp-Tac M-Tac
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a Highnoon Tail-gunner to iwb a CZ Shadow for a number of years. Has the best leather draw imo. I used it for IDPA quite often.

When I switched to Glock I started using the half kydex half leather style. Check out Comp-Tac M-Tac
View Quote

What's with the appendix (har har) on the highnoon?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What's with the appendix (har har) on the highnoon?
View Quote

Helps stabilize a large heavy steel frame like the CZ.

You can get one without. In your situation I would. I was just showing you the exact model I used.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Have bought several holster from Dave at Ronin Leather Holsters LLC, reasonable, asks enough questions so you get just what you want and decent turn around time.  The black one I feel wins in the comfort contest between these two.

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have bought several holster from Dave at Ronin Leather Holsters LLC, reasonable, asks enough questions so you get just what you want and decent turn around time.  The black one I feel wins in the comfort contest between these two.

https://i.imgur.com/81TVbkot.jpg  https://i.imgur.com/3K3XVzit.jpg

View Quote

Mine seems to dig in both my leg and pelvis and it's only as wide as the barrel at the bottom I'm looking at all these other ones and they look much wider and I'm wondering if with my holster it's sitting in a completely different position

Maybe my belt is too damn low. I haven't tried any other holsters, except for some fancy one that was way too bulky but I got to say I am indescribably uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mine seems to dig in both my leg and pelvis and it's only as wide as the barrel at the bottom I'm looking at all these other ones and they look much wider and I'm wondering if with my holster it's sitting in a completely different position

Maybe my belt is too damn low. I haven't tried any other holsters, except for some fancy one that was way too bulky but I got to say I am indescribably uncomfortable.
View Quote
My black holster likely is very similar to the Kusiak offerings, I usually place mine at about the 1:00 position and a good belt can't be overstated.  Just maybe you need one of the pillow adapters for the backside of the holster, personally I hadn't found the need as both of the above are easy to carry all day.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My black holster likely is very similar to the Kusiak offerings, I usually place mine at about the 1:00 position and a good belt can't be overstated.  Just maybe you need one of the pillow adapters for the backside of the holster, personally I hadn't found the need as both of the above are easy to carry all day.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wear the velcro blue alpha gear
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Milt Sparks summer special 2.

I actually pretty much just use kydex these days and just put the loop side of stick on velcro where I need it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I actually pretty much just use kydex these days and just put the loop side of stick on velcro where I need it.
View Quote

I was checking those out. People say they are bulky. And I'm not entirely sure they are suitable for appendix.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was checking those out. People say they are bulky. And I'm not entirely sure they are suitable for appendix.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are bulky that's one reason why kydex is better. Put self-stick loop side velcro on the side towards your body. Some folks use foam wedges. Kydex is superior in everyway, especially for AIWB. Not all kydex is created equal. I imagine the Vedder Light Tuck would fill your needs perfectly.

ETA:

I refuse to use a plastic holster

Why? You carry a plastic gun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, there is no way I would carry any striker fired non manual safety pistol in a leather holster.

Haven't y'all seen the photos of the leather holsters that wear out in the trigger area and fold into the Glock trigger, firing on reholstering?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Man, there is no way I would carry any striker fired non manual safety pistol in a leather holster.

Haven't y'all seen the photos of the leather holsters that wear out in the trigger area and fold into the Glock trigger, firing on reholstering?
View Quote

That's not going to happy with a high quality holster like Milt Sparks. If I remember right that particular holster was a shit tier mass produced model.

That said Kydex is superior in every way. Not classy like leather, but function > form.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They are bulky that's one reason why kydex is better. Put self-stick loop side velcro on the side towards your body. Some folks use foam wedges. Kydex is superior in everyway, especially for AIWB. Not all kydex is created equal. I imagine the Vedder Light Tuck would fill your needs perfectly.

ETA:

Why? You carry a plastic gun.
View Quote

I dont want that poking at me. The leather is bad enuf.
People seem to like the tulster, have u tried?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I dont want that poking at me. The leather is bad enuf.
People seem to like the tulster, have u tried?
View Quote

I already gave you advice. You have 30 days to try the Vedder.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

Put velcro on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.boraii.com/store/p101/SIG-P365-KYDEX-CONCEALLED-CARRY-POCKET-HOLSTER.html

??
View Quote

Oh my god this thing is terrible completely useless
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Close, but mine has a good deal of cant. Maybe that is what's causing the discomfort. Or maybe because mine has shorter barrel it digs in, whereas your xl clears that bone
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Milt Sparks Summer Special II. I carry with an XL. Straight drop with a MRDS. Love mine. You'll wait a year.

Link Posted: 5/21/2023 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I made this one for mine. The rough out leather really helps it stay in place and is comfortable. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I made this one for mine. The rough out leather really helps it stay in place and is comfortable. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/8109/IMG_2805_jpg-2833063.JPG
View Quote

Make me one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top