Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2023 10:18:30 PM EDT
I have an immune issue that causes arthritis in my spine and hips area. Carrying iwb hurts so bad. It doesn’t matter if it is a full size or micro compact. It cause sever pain in my hips and low back now. Never used to be a problem until this autoimmune bullshit started flaring up. I can carry owb just fine but it doesn’t conceal very well.

I was looking at clip and carry belly band that uses your existing kydex holsters. Also looked at mastermind covert belt. I can wear my carry gear higher in my waist. I just can’t keep the pressure on hip area. Any thoughts?  Really need to transition out of iwb because it really is starting to immobilize me.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd take a look at the Phlster Enigma and see if it will work for you. Yes, it's more expensive than the belly band you mentioned. However, I'm sure Phlster's products are much better quality. No one should be buying cheap holsters... much less people with special considerations like yourself.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Crossbreed belly band holster:
https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/product/modular-belly-band-package.html

I have a Bravo Belt belly band that works but I like the Crossbreed's features more.
https://bravobelt.com/products/grey-ghost

Belly bands are really comfortable for CCW.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I really hate it.   But have you considered appendix.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ll check the enigma.

The bellyband I posted about uses your existing kydex holster which is a nice feature. You still get the protection of kydex but with a belly band.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ll check those out. The crossbreed looks similar to the one I was looking at, a belly band with a kydex holster which I think is nice.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really hate it.   But have you considered appendix.
View Quote

Not a huge fan of appendix but I have tried it. It is not as bad but still gets to be much as the belt still puts added pressure on my waist. Much less than when I carry between 230-4 but still enough to get my back acting up after wearing it for a while.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never carried IWB and don't find concealing OWB that difficult.  It takes some consideration on clothes (an oversize shirt works about as well as anything) but people have been carrying OWB for decades without issue.  A good belt is the key.  I consider the belt more important than the holster.  Most of my holsters are standard pancake style.  Usually Tagua.  Reasonably priced and the work well for me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have an immune issue that causes arthritis in my spine and hips area. Carrying iwb hurts so bad. It doesn’t matter if it is a full size or micro compact. It cause sever pain in my hips and low back now. Never used to be a problem until this autoimmune bullshit started flaring up. I can carry owb just fine but it doesn’t conceal very well.

I was looking at clip and carry belly band that uses your existing kydex holsters. Also looked at mastermind covert belt. I can wear my carry gear higher in my waist. I just can’t keep the pressure on hip area. Any thoughts?  Really need to transition out of iwb because it really is starting to immobilize me.
View Quote

Line of work?  Have you considered a shoulder holster?  You state OWB is fine, have you relooked at your wardrobe for looser fitting shirts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top