Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2020 9:13:23 PM EDT
Condition is that it functions 100% (surprisingly. Even with old German ammo from the 30s)  but the finish is probably 50%. Nazi marks are clear. I think from 1942. I don’t remember off the top of my head.

Just wondering what one would pay for something like that. I see guys asking between 1100 and 2000 on Gunbroker - but not being sold.

I have three of them and only need one. That one was carried by a family friend in Vietnam, but the other two I have no allegiance to. Those have sequential serial numbers though so I’d hate to split them up but I know no one wants two.

Just wondering what to do with them
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
In to see the results/opinions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Condition is that it functions 100% (surprisingly. Even with old German ammo from the 30s)  but the finish is probably 50%. Nazi marks are clear. I think from 1942. I don’t remember off the top of my head.

Just wondering what one would pay for something like that. I see guys asking between 1100 and 2000 on Gunbroker - but not being sold.

I have three of them and only need one. That one was carried by a family friend in Vietnam, but the other two I have no allegiance to. Those have sequential serial numbers though so I’d hate to split them up but I know no one wants two.

Just wondering what to do with them
View Quote

Wait......you have three Hi Powers ( one having "Nazi marks) or three Nazi era Hi Powers, two that are consecutive?

While it may take longer to find a collector with the bankroll, you'll get far more $$$ by selling the consecutive pair. And you would be wholly and completely wrong to assume no one wants two. The odds of finding two consecutive numbered HP's from the Nazi occupation are astronomical.

While condition affects value the most, having consecutive serial numbers on a collectible gun manufactured over seventy years ago would likely add $1000 or more to the pair.

And post some pics dammit!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Sequential serial numbers in anything is damn hard to do.  On WW2 era HPs that would be almost unheard of.  You might want to contact the auction houses (Rock Island Auction comes to mind) and get some input from them.

The HP market is all over the place.  Trying to find rhyme or reason in it is beyond me.

I would be very curious how you ended up with sequential HPs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they truly sequential?   Does the script letter before the numbers match?   If not they are from different series.

The script letter is a legit part of the SN and very often left off paperwork in the states.

Pretty cool even if they are from different sn runs.

Auction them as a pair?  Longish auction time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they truly sequential?   Does the script letter before the numbers match?   If not they are from different series.

The script letter is a legit part of the SN and very often left off paperwork in the states.

Pretty cool even if they are from different sn runs.

Auction them as a pair?  Longish auction time.
View Quote
On GunBroker yes, but at a an auction like Rock Island?................they will see bids, lots of bids.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sequential serial numbers in anything is damn hard to do.  On WW2 era HPs that would be almost unheard of.  You might want to contact the auction houses (Rock Island Auction comes to mind) and get some input from them.

The HP market is all over the place.  Trying to find rhyme or reason in it is beyond me.

I would be very curious how you ended up with sequential HPs.
View Quote
Back when Coles had a ton of hi powers, I bought one and then 6 months later I was looking though his stuff again and found he was selling the sequential numbered one, equally as nice as the one I have.  I definitely should have picked it up
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I will get pics up soon.

Like I said the condition is rough. But the Nazi markings are easily made out. Blueing is almost completely gone in some spots and it rattles. But I’m serious it shoots (I haven’t shot the sequential ones. I will look at the prefix) I don’t know if it’s the thin front sight or what but one time I was shooting the clips that held the target up at 7 yards with WWII era ammo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't worry too much about finish or rattling.  Most serious collectors just want original finishes, just not redone.  Yes, a pristine original would be worth more but....  you can't have it all.  LOL.

Looking forward to pics.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#9]
And he's gone..never to post again because he can't back what he claims....
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And he's gone..never to post again because he can't back what he claims....
View Quote

I simply forgot about this thread. Let me sort through my pics and I’ll throw some up in a bit. I’ll get better ones up in a few days.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Calling someone you don’t know a liar is a shitty move @badgebunny

Go ahead and google image search these. You won’t find them. They’re from the last time I took them to the range.

Future pics will be sure to have the guns next to a neat drawing of some sort. I’m already practicing how best to draw a bunny wearing a badge waving a pride flag  

For those of you who offered help. Thank you. Any input on the below would be appreciated. This is the one carried in Vietnam from the OP.

Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#13]
interesting piece, for the love of God don't even consider refinishing it. good find.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Cool, they didn’t use the typical German firearm manufacturing the the letter before the numbers.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Go ahead and google image search these. You won’t find them....      
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go ahead and google image search these. You won’t find them....      

I don't think he's questioning whether you have a Nazi marked HP, but that you have consecutive serial numbered Nazi marked Hi Powers.

And being that you never returned to the thread, its not a stretch for someone to doubt your claim below.
Quoted:
....That one was carried by a family friend in Vietnam, but the other two I have no allegiance to. Those have sequential serial numbers though so I’d hate to split them up but I know no one wants two.....

If you truly DO have consecutives, think of the odds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top