Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2019 4:23:34 PM EDT
Yesterday, I received my new Fort Smith dark matte finished PPK/s in .22 LR.  Buds Guns had these pistols on special for $225.  I took it out to the range today, and put a variety of ammo through it.
There were 3 failures in 300 rounds fired.
1.  After lubing the gun with Slip 2000, I fired 50 rounds of CCI Mini Mag HP.  There were no failures.
2. I then fired 50 rounds of Remingtons Viper load.  No failures.
3. 50 rounds of Remington Yellow Bullet.  No failures.
4. 50 rounds of Federal's load for semi-auto firearms.  There was one failure to eject and one failure to feed.
5. 50 rounds of CCI Standard velocity load had one failure to feed.  
6.  I ended with 50 more rounds of CCI MiniMag HP.  No failures.

The double action pull is atrocious. Single action is fine.  I plan on buying more CCI Mini Mags and Remington Vipers.
This is a fun little pistol.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I use to win .25 cent bets betting I could shoot more empty shotgun shells off the 50 foot back stop with my PPK/s .22 then other people could with 6 inch Ruger, High Standard, and S&W .22 autos.

The secret is to know the gun and concentrate on the fundamentals.  The other guys figured they could win easily and failed to pay attention.
The little Walther's are much more accurate then most people think they can be.

The heavy DA trigger is because of the limited room in the small frame design, there just wasn't enough room to increase the leverage, so the DA trigger is heavy.
Installing a lighter main spring very often causes reliability problems, and if you just practice you get used to the trigger and no longer notice it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got one of these but haven't picked it up yet (next week).

Am I the only one who is having a hard time finding mags for these guns? I found the suppressor adapter no problem, but all mags are "sold out".  
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got one of these but haven't picked it up yet (next week).

Am I the only one who is having a hard time finding mags for these guns? I found the suppressor adapter no problem, but all mags are "sold out".  
View Quote
This.

I found ONE mag at the gunshot today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top