Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2024 2:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bruh44]
I’ve got a p80 version of a Glock 21. It is hands down the worst Glock type trigger I’ve ever felt. I picked up the spring and trigger arm thing (I don’t remember what it’s called) that’s supposed to bring it down to a 3.5lbs trigger. Still sucks. I took the entire mechanism out and buffered the shit out of with a dremel. It still sucks. I have other P80s that have great triggers in them. I have no idea why this one just won’t get better. I really don’t want to drop a bunch of money for a Timney or other improved trigger. Any suggestions?
By sucks I mean it feels like pulling a heavy bag of wet sand. It’s heavy and gritty.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:17:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#1]
Originally Posted By bruh44:
I’ve got a p80 version of a Glock 21. It is hands down the worst Glock type trigger I’ve ever felt. I picked up the spring and trigger arm thing (I don’t remember what it’s called) that’s supposed to bring it down to a 3.5lbs trigger. Still sucks. I took the entire mechanism out and buffered the shit out of with a dremel. It still sucks. I have other P80s that have great triggers in them. I have no idea why this one just won’t get better. I really don’t want to drop a bunch of money for a Timney or other improved trigger. Any suggestions?
By sucks I mean it feels like pulling a heavy bag of wet sand. It’s heavy and gritty.
View Quote

Try a different connector.  Even if you polish a connector, if it has some burrs from production, it will feel like gravel, until it wears in.  Sometimes they never do depending on the burrs.  

I typically buy several connectors at a time and try them all keeping the best and throwing out the rest of them.  Not saying Glocks are the best, but their QC is typically better than quite a few.  

Unfortunately a lot of the aftermarket connector are trash.  Connectors are die cut out of large sheets, then the bends are put in them.  If they cut several runs with dull tooling, to save money, they put out crappy connectors.  

All of the above applies to trigger bars as well.  

In almost every Glock I have had, I mixed and matched and tried several connectors, and trigger bars and sometimes even striker blocks, to get smooth triggers.  

TXPO

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I put 300 rounds through it today. It is improving. Hopefully some more of that will smooth it out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you drill the trigger pin holes straight.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, they are straight. I used the supplied jig and a press.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
My P80 G17 has a better trigger than any of my Glocks. Its an Apex trigger/connector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top