Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2022 6:40:38 AM EDT
I ride a Honda CB500X, which is an ADV style bike. This will be my second summer riding. I frequently am wearing my full gear of a jacket, gloves, and helmet (squiding extremely rarely). I will be carrying a Sig P365X and I'm trying to sort out the best method to carry while on the bike. Any other time, I will OWB at 3 o'clock, or AIWB depending on the day.

AIWB on the bike is definitely not going to happen. OWB at 3 o'clock will cause the grip to poke out and make the jacket a bit uncomfortable. Aside from using a murse and going off-body carry, any suggestions on the best method you've found to carry while riding? I want to be able to take the jacket off when I get where ever I am going, so a shoulder rig probably isn't the best idea either.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#1]
https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

I have the Runners and the Recon Full. I use them when riding bicycle.  Quality bags. Comfortable.

They don’t necessarily scream “gun”. If they would, I wouldn’t care anyway!
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry in a tank bag.

I don't like having hard items like guns, knives, watches on my body when riding.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Same exact way and holster I carry when I'm not riding. The gun isn't for when I'm on the bike, it's for when I'm off.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Riding a bicycle, I just pocket carry the 26 in a pocket holster.  It prints, most don't notice and the rest don't care.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Tank bag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Appendix.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Second on the Hill People gear kit bag. I'm 5'5" and use the recon snubby, it's great. And I have an LBJ Creations Handlebar bag for when I don't want to carry in the kit bag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I ride a bicycle in nylon fishing shorts, and carry the G43 in the cargo pocket...at 74 my bicycle riding is not too strenuous...I find that I have better access to the outside pocket when sitting.... the Bimini Bay Boca Grande shorts have a good velcro closing flap...they do vary somewhat as to pocket depth... a re-purposed Andrews pocket holster with square profile sits slightly lower than the normal Recluse 2 sided cargo holster that is frequently used... when it is cooler a G43x is carried IWB in a Tulster holster with a cover up fishing shirt
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Guys in my enduro club I have seen use a chest rig or in a backpack.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I carry inside a jacket pocket.

ETA: I’m currently carrying a hellcat with RMR but I have carried a Glock 19 w/ surefire without issue. If I could find a holster for using the pocket I’d use it but haven’t found anything
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

I have the Runners and the Recon Full. I use them when riding bicycle.  Quality bags. Comfortable.

They don’t necessarily scream “gun”. If they would, I wouldn’t care anyway!
View Quote

I have an Amazon knock off of this.  Works great.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#12]
There's a MK18 in my saddlebag right this second.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Some jackets have an inside "concealed" pocket. Some reviewers champion carrying your herbs or pistol in there. I haven't carried on my bike - kind of in the same boat as you. I ride a naked bike with snug-fitting gear. No where really practical to carry on-body.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I carry iwb at 4-4:30 on my motorcycle. Jacket or denim shirt cover it pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Appreciate the replies, looking like I may have to consider off body carry. Maybe I'll toss a holster in the bag so that I can ditch the bag and jacket when I get where I'm going.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Kenai chest rig.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got Elite Survival Systems chest holster.  Going to try it while biking.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I break the rules and just use my normal IWB. I'm sure if I wrecked bad and landed on it I would regret it. If I was ridiing a lot I'd either get a shoulder holster or remove my holster and store it on bike which is probably the safest.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Shield 9mm in Safariland shoulder rig.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Ride a mv agusta, so it's a pretty aggressive tuck most of the time. Aiwb a g43 in a gcode with the mag caddy on it. Don't really notice it. Only 1 time I had to grab a giant handful of brake because some asshole left turned in front of me. Jammed a bit, but it was more hip to holster and not junk.

Looking into getting either a 365x or xl, wondering with the longer barrel length on the xl if it'll be a pain in the dick
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Same exact way and holster I carry when I'm not riding. The gun isn't for when I'm on the bike, it's for when I'm off.
View Quote

Agree & iwb appendix here. Handgun in a box or bag might be that extra step away if the shtf.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Tank bag.
Get off bike, put into my riding jacket pocket or iwb.

If micro compact, appendix carry, since my beer belly will absord impact before my crotch.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Holster on right hip, in a tank bag, or in a fanny pack.

Yeah, no way to appendix carry on a crotch rocket.  And I wouldn't wear in the small of my back in case of a wreck.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#26]
The best way I’ve found is pocket carry or fanny pack.  OWB  doesn’t conceal well enough and I haven’t found an IWB with decent retention.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#27]
When I carried on the bike, I used my normal OWB holster. When I highsided at 30mph, I had a little extra bruising and the grip had a little bit ground down from the pavement. Everything worked fine afterwards, except my shoulder.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I pocket carry[jacket or jeans, depending on attire and/ or length of ride ] my M&P Bodyguard [as I always do], I have a full-size 9mm in my truck in an easy to take on/off IWB, and I just transfer that to the bike so I have a better option than the bodyguard.
I ride an ADV bike w locking aluminum panniers so this works for me
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. If you can't extricate yourself out of a bad situation on a motorcycle with better visibility, speed and manuverabilty, you probably shouldn't get into a rolling gun fight on one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top