Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2017 12:11:56 AM EDT
Please come in here for ideas on modifying the Desert Eagle or what to add on (scopes and rail, sights, grips, etc.) and where to get such items.  I am new to the Eagle and I am curious what out there.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
So are you looking for anything in particular? The barrels can all be swapped as long as they are of the same generation. Meaning a MK-I or MK-VII can swap any barrel length (6", 10", or 14") or caliber (.357, .41, or .44) with any other barrel of the same generation. You will need to use the correct-for-caliber magazines, and swap bolts if going between .357 to the larger calibers. The MK-VII .50AE reportedly uses the same slide as the later MK-XIX guns.

Similarly, you can swap MK-XIX barrels with any other MK-XIX barrel, changing caliber (.357, .44, or .50) and barrel length (6" or 10"). Again, the .357 uses its own bolt, and the .44/.50 use a common bolt.

For optics, pretty much anything you can bolt to the rail that will handle the recoil. I have found MRI uses a narrower rail than standard Weaver or Picatinny. So some mounts don't clamp down tight enough.

For a lot of general info, head over to the Desert Eagle Forum. It doesn't get much traffic, but archives go back around 10 years. Good way to familiarize yourself with the common questions.

Have fun, and enjoy your cannon!
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just trying to get a discussion going.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
6" IMB barrel, and 10" barrel (357 & 44), yes, 2 different bolts.  Hogue rubber grip.  RMR on a Larue LT837 QD low mount.  The Trijicon RM33 RMR low mount doesn't fit the DE rail, the spacing of the RM33 mount cross-screws differs slightly from the DE barrel rail slot spacing.  I suspect the rail on top of the DE barrel isn't true Picatinny spec in that regard.  The Larue works fine because it only has 1 cross-screw.  Next upgrade is to get the whole kit-n-caboodle coated, since it's currently the standard black oxide, thinking of Robar NP3+.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
That sounds nice.  Good to know on the top rail.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Hogue rubber grip
View Quote
I tried the finger groove one. I felt I had less control using it. I went back to stock.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to know on the top rail.
View Quote
I thought i was the only one who didn't know it wasn't true Picatinny.  I think maybe it's a hybrid Weaver-Picatinny thing, maybe legacy left-over from the days of mounting rifle scopes on the DE?  I had an American Defense QD low-mount for the RMR, that works also, but the Larue sits a little bit lower (and costs more).  I started off with a Trijicon MRO on an ADM low mount on my 6" barrel, but that's kind of humongous for a pistol, even a DE, makes an already heavy situation borderline difficult in heft, but I really liked the big nice MRO window though.  I put the MRO on the 10" barrel, it's not as overwhelming on the longer barrel (but a heavyweight for sure).

makes me wonder about the newest DE's that have the accessory rail on the bottom.  True Picatinny or not?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I am kinda curious if there are better sights on the market for it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Try the Magnum Research website:

https://www.magnumresearch.com/Sights/Sights.asp
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 1:33:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Every night sight or fiber optic set I've seen mentions that it's not compatible with newer versions of the DE.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Then contact Magnum Research directly for their advice.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Wicked Grips makes some really killer grips, they fit perfect.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wicked Grips makes some really killer grips, they fit perfect.
View Quote
Those grips are nice.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Horace Booth adjustable sights is a worthwhile investment IMO, I love mine. I also have the hogue finger groove grip, I like it, i have larger hands so it works out, other than that? not a whole lot to do other than caliber changed? I enjoy reloading for mine. I also had mine refinished in Titanium Nitride and black cerakote. I also spent some excessive time adjusting the trigger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top