User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/18/2023 7:07:33 AM EDT
Anybody got any reviews on the yet?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
They just “shipped” yesterday from the first in stock batch.  

Tracking info has not updated as of yet.  

I don’t imagine PSA is the type to send them to YouTubers like the gun manufacturers do.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
ditto. i have 3 incoming and coworkers are wanting to snag one shield mag each.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of my Buddies ordered three.  I'm going to see how his do.  He wants to swap out his SA mags, even though he's had no problems at all in his pistol.  I'm gonna try to pick up his SA mags cheap.
View Quote

I wouldnt mind trying some of the new mags but SA have been great for me so hopefully some deals will come up on people switching
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They just “shipped” yesterday from the first in stock batch.  

Tracking info has not updated as of yet.  

I don’t imagine PSA is the type to send them to YouTubers like the gun manufacturers do.  
View Quote

Uh

PSA is a major gun manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I want to think psa will come out with a great product the first run. I’m cautiously optimistic, but might wait for 2.0
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Uh

PSA is a major gun manufacturer.
View Quote

Yes, I should have added major brand manufacturers.  
Or just that I have never seen the paid shills on YouTube peddling PSA product.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I missed out on the first run -- look forward to the next batch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Also missed out. I dont know how fast they went, but I saw the email about three hours after and that was too late. Hopefully the wait isnt too long for the next ones.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine are out for delivery. I’ll throw some pics up this afternoon when they arrive and compare them to OEM and Gen2/Gen3 Shields.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, I should have added major brand manufacturers.  
Or just that I have never seen the paid shills on YouTube peddling PSA product.
View Quote

Peddling them or not. I haven’t ever heard of them selling a PSA made firearm that was a turd.

The only firearm advertising that works for gun makers are pew tubers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Peddling them or not. I haven’t ever heard of them selling a PSA made firearm that was a turd.

The only firearm advertising that works for gun makers are pew tubers.
View Quote

Don’t get me wrong, it was not a knock at PSA at all.
I’m a big fan of theirs.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably going to sell my 43x if these don't work. The Shield mags ran great with FMJs but would not feed HP reliably at least in mine.

Are they made by Promag or is that just a rumor?

Not had very good luck with Promag
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe that was humor.
PSA claims themselves to be the manufacturer.  

Made in USA.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Packaging definitely goes to Shield

Initial look at them the fit and finish are extremely nice. Positive click, drop free in all my G48s and 43Xs. No problem with rounds going into the chamber.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The plates are going to be a little annoying if you disassemble them try to line to logo back up perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#17]

That looks sharp. Can you mic the mag body and give us some measurements? How wide and thick is the mag? Front to back is were the shield mag failed. Hence the new nubs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#18]
This is either gonna be great or flip big.

Hoping it’s a win
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Are they not metal lined?
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I believe that was humor.
PSA claims themselves to be the manufacturer.  

Made in USA.  
View Quote

Yes, it was humor.

My post, ending with "I'm Kidding " should have been a tip-off.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#21]
There are a couple of videos of new micro Dagger magazines on FB PSA users group.  Reports so far on the new mags are positive.   I’m supposed to get mine Wednesday and plan on testing them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#22]
When anyone gets their’s in, please post your order date too.

I ordered three on the 15th. No movement yet. I ordered a gun on the 15th as well. PSA had it to me by Thursday.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I am happy to see that these new PSA mags do not require the mag catch to be swapped out for one that's metal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I got shipping notice today with a tracking number then about 30 minutes later I got an email that the three mags are backordered approximately 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Mine will be here Wednesday. Ordered from the first drop of them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got shipping notice today with a tracking number then about 30 minutes later I got an email that the three mags are backordered approximately 3 weeks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I missed out on the first run -- look forward to the next batch.
View Quote

Same. I'll be picking up a handful as soon as I can catch them in stock. Look forward to ARF reviews as I know some here will put them through their paces.

I have 4 gen 1 shield mags with the upgraded gen 2 springs and followers along with their mag catch. 1 of my shield mags only locks on an empty chamber about 50% of the time. The rest have functioned very well. Despite that, I still carry an OEM Glock mag as my spare. But if the PSA's prove solid I'll be utilizing them in my 48 for EDC.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am happy to see that these new PSA mags do not require the mag catch to be swapped out for one that's metal.
View Quote
That was pretty much the point of making these with the polymer on the mag body where the mag catch is
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#29]
If these mags work as promised my last excuse for not buying a 43X is gone.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Hahaha.
And of course I just got emailed by PSA that it’s shipped and it is tracking with UPS.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Mags showed today.  Loading photos and will come back and add notes later.

ETA. Externally they are basically the same dimensions.  The PSA mag does not have the Glock shelf that prevents over insertion.  All five mags I received insert and eject smoothly without the hitch in the YouTube vid.  No problem inserting a full mag on a closed slide.  I did notice the PSA mags don't wiggle as much as the Glock mags once inserted into the gun.  Hoping to squeeze in a lunch time range trip this week.  

Really hoping these work well.  I've come to like carrying the G48.  I like the thinness and I shoot the gun well.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

This mag spring is a new one to me.  My world is mostly 1911 and HK.  I've seen plenty of tapered springs but not one with two large then two small coils repeating for the length.  I get it.  It allows more coils to nest.  Just never seen it.

Attachment Attached File

Best photo I could get showing how the nylon front cap is bonded to the metal mag body.   Clear on the sides down low.  Less clear is the stripe on the front face of the mag.  That runs the full length of the mag.   Also not visible is more attachment points higher on the mag where it starts to taper.  About as much attachment as could be fitted.   I remember reading the Shield Arms mag thread and thinking all someone needs to do is stick a Glock mag front on a steel mag body.  Then thinking I have no idea how that would happen.   Glad someone did.   Simple idea, complicated engineering.   Kudos to those that made this work.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#34]
WTF were they thinking with that logo locking lug on the base plates?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Well managed to sneak out on the patio before leaving for work tonight and put a little over 50 rounds through my two mags.

Both mags were loaded with 15 with a round in the chamber for testing except for the last mag.

First mag fired all rounds without a hitch.

Second mag around round 7 or 8…
Attachment Attached File

I theorize the follower wasn’t keeping up with the slide speed. I did note that the PSA mags offer the rounds at a nose higher angle than the OEM, so that probably contributed.

All that said, I shot the rest of the rounds through the mag that failed and didn’t have another issue. Could’ve just been a break in thing, we shall see.

I’m not putting them in the carry rotation yet, but neither are I getting rid of them. I did shoot them dry, so a drop or two of CLP on the follower might help.
Due to the failure, I’d like to put another ~500 rounds through them without issue before I fully trust them at this point.

I’ve got a new optic coming finally to replace the Riton, hopefully it gets here quickly and I can put both the new optic and mags through their paces later in the week.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well managed to sneak out on the patio before leaving for work tonight and put a little over 50 rounds through my two mags.

Both mags were loaded with 15 with a round in the chamber for testing except for the last mag.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/IMG_0600_jpeg-2825730.JPG

I theorize the follower wasn’t keeping up with the slide speed. I did note that the PSA mags offer the rounds at a nose higher angle than the OEM, so that probably contributed.

All that said, I shot the rest of the rounds through the mag that failed and didn’t have another issue. Could’ve just been a break in thing, we shall see.

I’m not putting them in the carry rotation yet, but neither are I getting rid of them. I did shoot them dry, so a drop or two of CLP on the follower might help.
Due to the failure, I’d like to put another ~500 rounds through them without issue before I fully trust them at this point.

I’ve got a new optic coming finally to replace the Riton, hopefully it gets here quickly and I can put both the new optic and mags through their paces later in the week.
View Quote

I hate to see that. My mags should be here tomorrow. I’ll probably go out and put a couple hundred rounds through the mags.
Maybe I shouldn’t have sold my SA mags.
If I encounter any issues I’m going to be really disappointed. I had high hopes for these.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#37]
The itch was too great.   Stuffed my five mags with five different rounds and ran over to the local range today between Teams meetings.   Good start.   Dumped all five mags with zero malfunctions.   Singles, doubles, triples, thumb riding the slide, weak grip etc.   All good with my gun.   G48/TLR7sub/Holosun.  Someone in on of these threads asked for OAL on rounds tested.   HST 147 1.128" OAL,  Blazer Brass 115 1.153" OAL,  Norma 124 1.162" OAL,  AAC 124 1.146" OAL,  Federal Syntec 147 1.124" OAL.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The itch was too great.   Stuffed my five mags with five different rounds and ran over to the local range today between Teams meetings.   Good start.   Dumped all five mags with zero malfunctions.   Singles, doubles, triples, thumb riding the slide, weak grip etc.   All good with my gun.   G48/TLR7sub/Holosun.  Someone in on of these threads asked for OAL on rounds tested.   HST 147 1.128" OAL,  Blazer Brass 115 1.153" OAL,  Norma 124 1.162" OAL,  AAC 124 1.146" OAL,  Federal Syntec 147 1.124" OAL.
View Quote

That's good to hear.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/IMG_0600_jpeg-2825730.JPG

View Quote

Hopefully just a one off.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks, it was me. When things go bad some folk have a bad habit of either not posting important information like the OAL they were using and what brand chronographed results so we can see if it was the ammo being underpowered, and not cycling the slide far back enough or was it OAL specific to that magazine, or just going off the emotional rails leaving us not much for due diligence to suspect more libel than fact.

We caught one from Buckeye. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Hopefully no more but can have a nice database to collect and if there are teething problems then the information is here for PSA to collect and get things right later.

Much appreciated, thank you for sharing along with Buckeye.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hopefully just a one off.
View Quote

The gun/mag was pretty dry, and it was a brand new mag. Plus it had no issues after that… So I’m hopeful it was just a fluke during break in.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine say out for delivery but if the UPS man isn’t here by now, they will likely not be delivered today.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#43]

120rds between 3 mags.  1 failure to lock back (probably my fault).
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/gvB8B2H.mp4

View Quote

https://imgur.com/gvB8B2H

Made it hot for you. What ammo was it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/gvB8B2H.mp4

Belom 124gr range ammo.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice man.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

Mine came in this morning. Only had time to go shoot 60 rounds through. No problems so far.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Great to hear that some folks are having good luck with them.

I noticed that they also added a micro slick coated version.  
Also not in stock.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-micro-9mm-15-round-slick-magazine.html
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125490/70664532952__6E396B16-4BE6-4E2C-9088-CC6-2827620.JPG
Mine came in this morning. Only had time to go shoot 60 rounds through. No problems so far.
View Quote

NICE..
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Great to hear that some folks are having good luck with them.

I noticed that they also added a micro slick coated version.  
Also not in stock.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-micro-9mm-15-round-slick-magazine.html
View Quote

Interesting. They may work better. I wonder what the coating is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top