Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 4:44:16 PM EDT
I just learned that Mark II mags can be made to work in a Mark 1. I've used Mec-gar mags in my CZ without issue, but was curious if anyone has used the Mark II Mec-gar mag specifically - especially in a Mark I - and what your thoughts are. It's cheaper than the apparent factory mags and reviews I've seen seem generally better as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#1]
For anyone interested, I went ahead and ordered two of these. Just received them and I can confirm that they fit and eject just fine from my "A100" Ruger Standard. I have not used them yet so will have to wait to see if they feed reliably.

I cannot compare them to Ruger Mark II mags as I don't have any, but compared to the mags that came with my Standard these are pretty cheap feeling. Base and follower is plastic (mine are metal) and the frame even feels thin. If they work then for $15 I guess I can't complain.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I seem to be having a conversation with myself, but in case this is helpful to anyone I finally tested these Mark II mags in my Standard. They fit fine and functioned fine with a couple small issues. One of the mags did stick and I couldn't get it out. Might have been due to the cold as it came out fine at home. If there is a way to smooth these up that would be great so I'll have to do some research. Also, I did have one FTF when it didn't pick up the next round (bolt closed on empty chamber). Might be just a break in issue. Since the mag stuck I wasn't able to put more rounds through.

Long story short, Mec Gar Mark II mags work in a Ruger Standard (mine is not marked Mark I) but maybe not as flawlessly as the factory 9 shot mags.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information.

Bought a few of the MkII mags and flipped the thumb stud to function in my Standard.
Only had one that was wonky and looking, a feed lip was bent downward too far... perhaps dropped or bashed in shipping.
I lifted it out with a round file to match the rest of my mags, and GTG.

Now my little Standard/Mk1 has a good supply of mags that work.

I love that thing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been looking at the Mecgar mags for my 22/45. Price sure seems good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been using a couple mecgar mags in my mark III 22/45.  Been impressed so far, they have been solid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top