Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2018 9:54:50 AM EDT
Going to Wyoming to ride around Yellowstone. Want to take my Vaquero .45lc with.

I have been wondering what loads it can and can’t handle. I am guessing any factory round should be ok right? I’m not reloading.

Will be deep in bear and lion territory and was thinking something like that buffalo bore or similar?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I better stay around the 255 grain area. Looks like no +P nasty for me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Old Or New?

If it's a newer small frame Vaquero it won’t  take the Ruger only loads.

I shoot 255 Grain SWC out of my Flat top which is similar in size to the New Vaqueros at 1050 1100 FPS using HS6.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LINK.
View Quote
Thanks much and a BIG hat tip for this link. I just picked up a New Vaquero and did not know about the smaller frame size.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Buffalo bore makes some pretty stout standard loads for 45 colt.

Standard Pressure

The rest of them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks much and a BIG hat tip for this link. I just picked up a New Vaquero and did not know about the smaller frame size.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LINK.
Great link. I restrain myself from buying the New Vaqueros. Got 2 old ones so far.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#7]
For factory ammo, the Buffalo Bore 255gr SWC is safe in the New Vaquero/Blackhawk frame and it will go stem-to-stern on any animal in North America. I shoot it through both my ‘Old’ Bisley Vaqueros and my ‘New’ frame Montado. Wish they sold it in 50 or 100 round bricks, it’s great ammunition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top