Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2023 2:46:12 PM EDT
Does anyone know of any magazine extensions that can be used to retrofit "normal" M&P 17 round mags for the new aluminum frame M&P 2.0 Performance Center Competitor model with the factory mag well? The factory magazines have a plastic extension on them, and no one discusses options in any online reviews I have seen. I was disappointed to find that the normal mags don't fit the mag well, and four mags is not enough for me at an "action pistol" IDPA/USPSA type of event.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any Taran Tactical 23-rd extensions?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the new extended factory magazines. Seem fine for my use.23rd
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses.

I was just notified about 23 round M&P mags in stock at Botach for $50, up to now everyplace I have checked online is out of stock.

I also got an email from Springer Precision, stating that:

" ...all our basepads and mag extensions are compatible with their new (M&P 2.0 Competitor) magwell."

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered one of the new “Competitor” magazines, for this very reason.

Remind me this weekend to update whether it works with a standard 2.0. Frankly, I don’t know why it wouldn’t…resembles an aftermarket extension.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the responses.

I was just notified about 23 round M&P mags in stock at Botach for $50, up to now everyplace I have checked online is out of stock.

I also got an email from Springer Precision, stating that:

" ...all our basepads and mag extensions are compatible with their new (M&P 2.0 Competitor) magwell."

View Quote
I just ordered a couple of the new SW-3015354 mags from them as well. Considering they're the only place that says they're "in stock" I have a feeling I might get "Botached". They have a history of selling things they don't actually have available. But we'll see
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
This is pretty much the one thing that has kept me from ordering one, I am pretty invested in taran tactical extensions and they do not work with the competitor. Even if i wanted to drop another $500 on some other brand's extensions and to replace the TTI's I can't get them here in WA now that the laws have changed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up my Competitor. Does anyone know where to buy just the extensions or the 17rd mags w/extension that fit that magwell?

TIA.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just picked up my Competitor. Does anyone know where to buy just the extensions or the 17rd mags w/extension that fit that magwell?

TIA.
View Quote

Omaha Outdoors has the magazines with extension.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA.

Thanks, that was what I was looking for but it looks like they are OOS.

ETA - Found two here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#10]
AIM has the police trade in mags again. Here
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Taylor Freelance works perfect, look better than factory.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Taylor Freelance works perfect, look better than factory.
View Quote

Which one do you like?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Taylor, makes the bottom flat instead of depression on factory.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just ordered a couple of the new SW-3015354 mags from them as well. Considering they're the only place that says they're "in stock" I have a feeling I might get "Botached". They have a history of selling things they don't actually have available. But we'll see
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the responses. I was just notified about 23 round M&P mags in stock at Botach for $50, up to now everyplace I have checked online is out of stock. I also got an email from Springer Precision, stating that:" ...all our basepads and mag extensions are compatible with their new (M&P 2.0 Competitor) magwell.

I ordered six of the new 23rd mags from Gunbuyer for  $40 each and got them quickly.  They were the correct FPC style they have pictured.

factory 23rd magazines
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought the new extended factory magazines. Seem fine for my use.23rd
View Quote

Will these work with the factory mag well? Can you remove that grip extension? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a bunch and they run in all the fullsize doublestack guns. Haven't tried it in a shield +, but I assume that's a proprietary mag. Love the 23 rounders.

We have 5" M&P Gen 1 and 2
M&P Gen 2 3.6"
M&P Gen 2 Compact 3"

Sleeves are only needed for the shorter compact grip or the carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top