Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 8:41:06 PM EDT
I'm looking to find some of the surplus mags that had to have been turned in when the police trade-in M&P 40s hit the supply chain. I've found several sites with new ones listed, but the only place that has any in stock have that infamous CTD -40% discount reflected in their price. Some of them might have full size 10s in stock, but I'm not that desperate.

Short of a WTB post, where can I find a few of these? Cheap, used and a bit ugly is perfectly fine with me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a few from AIM a while back but they are Sold Out now.

https://aimsurplus.com/smith-wesson-m-p40-40s-w-357-sig-15rd-magazine/
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve purchased through AIM multiple times and Natchez once.

M&P40 and M&P9 mags.  

The 1.0 and  2.0 mags are interchangeable.  You need to move fast when they are in stock.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The 1.0 and  2.0 mags are interchangeable.  You need to move fast when they are in stock.
View Quote
That's nice. I wasn't expecting a small moment of sanity like that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The base plates are the same dimensions, but different textures.  So there is a slight visual difference, if that sort of thing bothers you.

I was running drills this morning with an M&P 40 2.0 and Shield 2,0 pistols using 1.0 range mags I bought on sale.  This is basically part of every Saturday range trip (my carry guns are mostly some flavor of M&P). Never an issue with mix and match mags.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out shoot straight and sad international on GB, they usually have a bunch of Brink's trade in m&p 40 mags in bundles. I've bought 10 or 15 from them over the last couple years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Here toy fo.
@Amish_Bill
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't see those ones specifically, but I did find some smallish bulk packs for a decent price.

I was also reminded that Buyer Beware is still the name of the game. Would you expect an auction titled "S&W M&P 40 Compact Slide Barrel Small Parts" to only include the rear half of the slide?

Wait... what?
Where? I'm guessing that cap came from gunbroker? Off to look again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]

I don't know how you found that, but it did its darndest to hide from me. I've got it now.

Thanks!

... any idea if they'll combine shipping? For that price I might as well get a few extra, and maybe some M&P9 mags too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]
On some things they will, its worth shooting them an email.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll shoot them a note and/or buy one pack and wait for them to contact me.
Their FS posts almost make me wish I was in FL. Almost. Humidity sucks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
They're a good group to deal with, I've bought dozens of things from them.
ETA: I spent quite a bit of time in Columbus GA, that place is insanely humid!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top