Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2020 9:42:43 AM EDT
Hey all - thoughts/feedback on the following would be appreciated;

2 identical brand new pistols, with apex trigger/duty-carry spring installs before being shot. 450 rounds through the two of them since. The wife experienced 3 LPS, 2 on one of the pistols, one on the other. I experienced none on either pistol.

I've read that in addition to pistol/parts/install root cause scenarios, slide not returning to battery could be a source as well. Thinking back to the day, my wife was struggling a bit with her grip. The "aggressive" stippling was giving her fits. wondering if she was palming the slide a bit? I wish I would have thought about that and observed more closely.

I guess i'm hoping it's a "user" error and not something I have to invest days of time (but will obviously, to ensure our new EDCs are at least 99.9%, or whatever the realistic defect rate should be - reliable) trying to figure out one solution at a time.

Less than 1% defect rate as it stands right now I know, but it's eating at me - thoughts?  

Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you try to pop in the original spring and see if you still get it? Also, drop a note to Apex, they will trest you right...
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the full flat face/forward set kit with the 'duty' combo and experienced 1 or 2 light strikes in the first 100 rounds.  Nothing since then.  

Apex said to put some rounds through it, and if it continues change sear spring back to factory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top