Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2020 11:48:54 PM EDT
So, I just bought a 2.0 5" CORE model and noticed tje front of the slide has a ton of horizontal movement. Enough to where when I present the gun if my thumb presses on the slide it pushes my sight picture slightly to the right. Is this normal? Can some of you check your guns and see if it is like this. Waiting to shoot the gun or send an email to smith and wesson  but if it's normal I'll just shoot it. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 3:50:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine has a slight amount of play but as long as the front and rear sights align it doesn't really matter.  I can't see it throwing of my aim at anything under 25 yards as long as the sights line up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Same on my 2.0. Drove me nuts at first because even when dry firing the RMR dot would move left slightly. I can push the nose of the slide back and forth like you’re saying. After shooting it a bunch I found it wasn’t an issue.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, great. I was worried. I am going to shoot the hell out of it now. Thanks, guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top