Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2023 1:23:29 AM EDT
Anyone got one, and want to give me a review?

I live in a mag ban state, and I like to carry a bigger pistol during the winter months.

It appears to be the only model with out an optics ready which sucks, but that can be fixed for cheap.

Just curious of reliability, recoil, etc.

The 10mm version seems to have a lot of fixes needed, I’m wondering if those carry over to the fat, slower cousin.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Zero issues with mine.  Same reasons for purchase as you.

Used mags. (LE trade ins) can be gotten for great prices at places like Aim Surplus at times.

I put an Apex trigger in mine.  Ordered it the same night I ordered the pistol just on past experience with how well the Apex trigger kits work in the M&P pistols.

Shoots good enough to have been worth sending it out for red dot and back up sight milling.  Also had the slide nickel plated at the same time to see if the nickel is more durable than the melonite refinish I had done on a previous pistol after the milling/sight installation.  

How does it shoot?  If we're at the range and I have that pistol in the bag my wife will want to shoot it to see if the poor groups she's getting with a 9MM pistol is her or the pistol/ammo.  She's shot some nice groups with it.  Oh, she's a small woman and still shoots a .45 better than some of the 9MM guns she carries.

Picture, just to bump you a little further towards the purchase.  It's my pistol by my recliner gun.  If we ever get 10 round limits forced on us it'll be my primary concealed carry gun.  Already have the holster.  Oh, one more thing.  It seems to fit/work just fine in the holster I have for my 9MM and .40 S&W M&Ps.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one of the “Performance Center” models that I didn’t like. Didn’t like either the sights or the porting.  Traded it for a 2.0 without all that crap.  

The new one has a manual safety and I think it is great.  Wonderfully slim and carries beautifully in a Vedder holster, haven’t had a failure of any kind ever.
No interest in bulking it up with a RDS.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
These are very close to their 9mm counterparts in terms of size. It seems with many brands, the .45 caliber guns are larger in every dimension, but the S&W M&P is just slightly larger.  I really like how it feels and shoots.  Some other.45s fell like you’re holding a 2x4 piece of wood.  Mags can be found pretty cheap too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top