Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2022 1:48:31 PM EDT
Is this the appropriate recoil spring/ guide rod assembly for a M&P 2.0 4" Compact?

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/279740000

Has anyone used a different recoil spring weight in their 2.0 with a tangible benefit? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks to me like an replacement for the recoil guide assembly on what I call a 'full size' M&P with the 4 1/8" barrel.   I have two original M&P 9mms with the barrel and this looks identical in size to the ones in my pistols.

Going by S&W M&P Compact 2.0 information a Compact 2.0 has a 4" length barrel.

Not much difference in size but I don't think the MGW part will fit the Compact series.

Might give MGW a call to be certain.

ETA:  This one appears it might work for you  Galloway Precision guide rod assembly M&P 2.0 Compact
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Strange that I can't find a factory replacement for the 4" anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I found one on eBay.  Freestone Armory,  I beleive I've used them before and they were gtg.
I'm not sure if ebay links are allowed here (?) but if you type ebay . com and append this:  /itm/233730645781
you'll see the item.

Better yet:
https://gallowayprecision.com/smith-and-wesson/m-and-p/assembled-guide-rod-for-m-and-p-m2-compact-pistols
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm using Wolff uncaptured guide rods and Wolff springs in a lot of my M&Ps.  The only disadvantage of an uncaptured spring I can see is if you had to do some sort of emergency field maintenance you could lose the spring.  Other than that, I prefer the Wolff setup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top