Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2018 12:57:26 PM EDT
I was given a mak a while back. The slide was jammed fwd with a live round in the tube. After some careful prying I got the round out.  I noticed the firing pin and safety selector were gone from the slide. I figured I could replace those easy enough, but upon closer inspection it appears that there is a chunk missing from inside the slide where these parts come together.  So now it appears it needs basically a new top end.  It also came with almost a case of ammo I don’t need unless I get this pistol fixed.

So what to do with this thing? Suggestions anyone?  I think it’s East German btw.

Thanks,

Indy
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s an E German mak slide on eBay right now for $255. How bad do you want one?
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There’s an E German mak slide on eBay right now for $255. How bad do you want one?
View Quote
Not that bad, I really don’t need or want it.  It was given to me in this state.  I guess if I figure out a price for an East German mak lower with 600 rounds of wolf ammo I could put it on EE.

Any ideas on what it’s worth?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe I should just chop the whole thing up and toss in the trash...where it belongs with it’s AK breatheren!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe I should just chop the whole thing up and toss in the trash...where it belongs with it’s AK breatheren!
View Quote
Use it as a 'turn in' at the next opportunity.

Get some new sneakers (or whatever).
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
https://everygunpart.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=makarov
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm... had not thought of that, I like it!

Just toss the 600 plus rounds of ruskie ammo in the fire pit out back on the Fourth of July for added effect!
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just toss the 600 plus rounds of ruskie ammo in the fire pit out back on the Fourth of July for added effect!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch out for flying brass and embers.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#8]
If you still have it, I might be interested...
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Numrich would give you more than the scrapyard would.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top