Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2018 4:28:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98]
noticed they were absent from the web site, sent them an email, confirmed discontinued.  I was looking for a black 10" 50AE barrel, during the BF sales, they only had the nickel plated, 24K gold plated, and titanium gold 10" 50AE version.  I picked up the 10" titanium gold, kinda more bling than what I like, but after I put it on the black frame, hmmm, not that bad.

I already picked up the 10" 44, and the 10" 357 over the last couple years.

and now they're no longer available.

ETA (12/19/18):  looks like there's still some available, again.  just not in black.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Good! Make some $ down the road...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one for my XIX a few years ago before Kahr bought them, tamed the .44  quite a bit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been trying to buy a 50 AE 10" barrel for nearly a year with no luck. I guess I'm going to have to take anything I can get.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 10:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#4]
just thought i'd add another pic to this thread:

Link Posted: 7/21/2019 2:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrBlackCat] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:
I've been trying to buy a 50 AE 10" barrel for nearly a year with no luck. I guess I'm going to have to take anything I can get.
View Quote
A .50AE and a 44magnum in 10" sold on eBay in June.  If you watch there, you will eventually get one.  You have to check daily though, as it isn't just me you have to beat to them anymore.  They go more quickly than ever now that word has gotten out they are no longer in production.

It has taken some effort, but I am only one short one desired barrel at this point.  Most of these barrels came from on-line sources.

I would suggest setting a realistic value of what the barrel is worth to you vs the market average and then being extremely persistent.  I have no extra barrels to sell at this time, or I would offer you one of course.  Persistence is the key I think.

MrBlackCat

I attempted to link to an image, but this site has a very primitive image management system which is incompatible with my image provider, so it will not display correctly.  Here is a link if you are interested.

MBC Desert Eagle Barrel Collection
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MrBlackCat:

A .50AE and a 44magnum in 10" sold on eBay in June.  If you watch there, you will eventually get one.  You have to check daily though, as it isn't just me you have to beat to them anymore.  They go more quickly than ever now that word has gotten out they are no longer in production.

It has taken some effort, but I am only one short one desired barrel at this point.  Most of these barrels came from on-line sources.

I would suggest setting a realistic value of what the barrel is worth to you vs the market average and then being extremely persistent.  I have no extra barrels to sell at this time, or I would offer you one of course.  Persistence is the key I think.

MrBlackCat

I attempted to link to an image, but this site has a very primitive image management system which is incompatible with my image provider, so it will not display correctly.  Here is a link if you are interested.

MBC Desert Eagle Barrel Collection
View Quote
Yeah I almost bought the 50ae barrel last month, but chicked out as it approached 600.  I should have bought it but its hard to give that when you want to thread it :(

I guess I'll just have to pony up.  I have 2 DEs at the moment so why quit now
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah I almost bought the 50ae barrel last month, but chicked out as it approached 600.  I should have bought it but its hard to give that when you want to thread it :(

I guess I'll just have to pony up.  I have 2 DEs at the moment so why quit now
View Quote
Yeah... that is lot of money compared to shooting your Desert Eagle 600+ times. :D  That is how I approach firearms... it's something like "another one... or ammo for the ones I have... which would I enjoy more?"  My struggle.

Threading one... yeah... buying one to permanently modify would be a tough call unless you just REALLY like brakes and suppressors.

Good luck...  when I happen on inexpensive ones I just buy them... so if I get any beyond what I want to keep any time soon I will remember this thread and see if you are still interested.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Yeah... that is lot of money compared to shooting your Desert Eagle 600+ times. :D  That is how I approach firearms... it's something like "another one... or ammo for the ones I have... which would I enjoy more?"  My struggle.

Threading one... yeah... buying one to permanently modify would be a tough call unless you just REALLY like brakes and suppressors.

Good luck...  when I happen on inexpensive ones I just buy them... so if I get any beyond what I want to keep any time soon I will remember this thread and see if you are still interested.

MrBlackCat
View Quote
I appreciate that man, definitely let me know if you see something.

Currently bidding on a 44 barrel on Ebay right now, so we'll see how that goes. its not a 50 but I guess i'll take it.

I do love suppressors.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]

I do love suppressors.
View Quote
I do too. But I’ve found the DE is not the ideal suppressor host. A lot of gas dumps out the gas port (and not through the suppressor) when the slide cycles. While noticeably less loud than shooting unsuppressed, this still produces a fair amount of noise.

And there’s the thing about shooting a 2-foot pistol.

Not trying to talk you out of it. Just letting you know what I have experienced with mine. One of these years I need to figure out a buttstock solution and turn it into a rifle.

Link Posted: 7/25/2019 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Currently bidding on a 44 barrel on Ebay right now, so we'll see how that goes. its not a 50 but I guess i'll take it.
View Quote
Be aware, that one is for a MK-I or MK-VII. If you have one of those earlier models, you’re all set. If you have the MK-XIX, it won’t fit unless you find an appropriate MK-I/VII slide assembly to go with it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:

I do too. But I’ve found the DE is not the ideal suppressor host. A lot of gas dumps out the gas port (and not through the suppressor) when the slide cycles. While noticeably less loud than shooting unsuppressed, this still produces a fair amount of noise.

Not trying to talk you out of it. Just letting you know what I have experienced with mine. One of these years I need to figure out a buttstock solution and turn it into a rifle.

https://i.imgur.com/GgnphtXh.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/GgnphtXh.jpg
Your gun is what actually pushed me to want it.  I know its completely impractical and all, but I have a 50 Beowulf and will have a 50 AR10 soon, so figured it wouldnt hurt.

Be aware, that one is for a MK-I or MK-VII. If you have one of those earlier models, you’re all set. If you have the MK-XIX, it won’t fit unless you find an appropriate MK-I/VII slide assembly to go with it.
I have both a mk7 and mk19.  I'm pretty versed in these, but thank you guys for making sure I dont do something dumb!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
If anyone is interested in the Dayton, Ohio area, a guy has a 14" 44 Mag barrel.

I cant convince him to ship it to me, even via Ebay or Gunbroker.

I really want it but its not gonna happen for me.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/6902627/dayton-ohio-handguns-for-sale--desert-eagle-44-magnum-14-in--barrel
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for the double post but i think this dude is smoking crack

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Desert-eagle-10in-44-Magnum-RARE-Mark-7-Barrel/312728458549?hash=item48d0119535:g:tPgAAOSwzixdTt-6
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for the double post but i think this dude is smoking crack

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Desert-eagle-10in-44-Magnum-RARE-Mark-7-Barrel/312728458549?hash=item48d0119535:g:tPgAAOSwzixdTt-6
View Quote
I saw that one and didn't even post it due to the price.  It IS a Mark VII in amazing shape, but I don't think it will ever sell for that.  He does have the Make and Offer option, so maybe he is just market testing.

For comparison, I paid less than that for a new Israeli Mk XIX .357 Magnum Desert Eagle recently from 2006... not ten inch of course, but still.  Maybe I just bought the barrel for $999 and it came with a free slide and frame?  ;)  The seller claimed it had been shot once with 40 rounds, but when it arrived, the finish was still on the slide surfaces etc.  It showed wear after two magazines I put through it.  I don't think it had been shot and they just didn't know, or maybe one magazine.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#15]

I saw that one and didn't even post it due to the price.  It IS a Mark VII in amazing shape, but I don't think it will ever sell for that.  He does have the Make and Offer option, so maybe he is just market testing.

For comparison, I paid less than that for a new Israeli Mk XIX .357 Magnum Desert Eagle recently from 2006... not ten inch of course, but still.  Maybe I just bought the barrel for $999 and it came with a free slide and frame?  ;)  The seller claimed it had been shot once with 40 rounds, but when it arrived, the finish was still on the slide surfaces etc.  It showed wear after two magazines I put through it.  I don't think it had been shot and they just didn't know, or maybe one magazine.

MrBlackCat
View Quote
If  it makes you feel any better.... I picked up a Case Colored XIX 357 yesterday for 1200 that has never been fired.  I needed another one like a hole in the head but when I got to looking at these high dollar barrels, I just decided to try and buy this one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#16]

If  it makes you feel any better.... I picked up a Case Colored XIX 357 yesterday for 1200 that has never been fired.  I needed another one like a hole in the head but when I got to looking at these high dollar barrels, I just decided to try and buy this one.
View Quote
I saw that!  Great to hear that was you.  :D  That is probably the least one has ever gone for.

Glad you got it at such a great price.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#17]

I saw that!  Great to hear that was you.  :D  That is probably the least one has ever gone for.

Glad you got it at such a great price.

MrBlackCat
View Quote
I felt like it was a steal.  I also grabbed that MK7 with the 10" barrel today.  Probably going to sell my black XIX to a buddy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 6:17:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrBlackCat] [#18]

I felt like it was a steal.  I also grabbed that MK7 with the 10" barrel today.  Probably going to sell my black XIX to a buddy.
View Quote
For a case hardened finish, it was a steal... very rare deal on that one.
I saw that 357 10" one also... unless I am looking at a different one, that one is a Mk XIX 357 with the 10" barrel.  That is a less common Mk XIX being Israeli made and 357 and 10".  Another great deal for sure.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]

For a case hardened finish, it was a steal... very rare deal on that one.
I saw that 357 10" one also... unless I am looking at a different one, that one is a Mk XIX 357 with the 10" barrel.  That is a less common Mk XIX being Israeli made and 357 and 10".  Another great deal for sure.

MrBlackCat
View Quote
I could have swore I read it was a VII, but I'm satisfied with it being a XIX.  Means I can sell my XIX I currently own to a friend and not lose anything.  Even though I'm half tempted to just keep them all.  Will have a shade over 4000 in 4 guns.  Gold Tiger 50, Black 50, Black 357 and Case 357
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]

I could have swore I read it was a VII, but I'm satisfied with it being a XIX.  Means I can sell my XIX I currently own to a friend and not lose anything.  Even though I'm half tempted to just keep them all.  Will have a shade over 4000 in 4 guns.  Gold Tiger 50, Black 50, Black 357 and Case 357
View Quote
I think what happens is that each new Desert Eagle or component adds to a Siren like chorus... and then you start wanting them all.  :)  In my case I just got all the barrels.  It is like a big family coming together. :)

The way I handle my Desert Eagles is this... I have 5 gun cases with six loaded magazines each, one in each caliber.  When I want to shoot a Desert Eagle, I just choose a caliber (or two, or three) and drop the gun into the case along with its ten inch barrel, and barrel with Muzzle Brake.  Sometimes I take an optic as well.  The convenience of this is great.

Is good to hear you are patient enough to find great deals on Desert Eagles... but be careful... the .429DE and .44Mag can start calling and it all ends up a lot of mouths to feed.  I love my family though. :)

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#21]

I think what happens is that each new Desert Eagle or component adds to a Siren like chorus... and then you start wanting them all.  :)  In my case I just got all the barrels.  It is like a big family coming together. :)

The way I handle my Desert Eagles is this... I have 5 gun cases with six loaded magazines each, one in each caliber.  When I want to shoot a Desert Eagle, I just choose a caliber (or two, or three) and drop the gun into the case along with its ten inch barrel, and barrel with Muzzle Brake.  Sometimes I take an optic as well.  The convenience of this is great.

Is good to hear you are patient enough to find great deals on Desert Eagles... but be careful... the .429DE and .44Mag can start calling and it all ends up a lot of mouths to feed.  I love my family though. :)

MrBlackCat
View Quote
Its funny you mention that because I actually caught a black 429DE barrel for 300$ the other day so now I have that too.  Bought a couple boxes of ammo to try out.  I'll try it when I get my 357 guns in and go for a shoot!
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Its funny you mention that because I actually caught a black 429DE barrel for 300$ the other day so now I have that too.  Bought a couple boxes of ammo to try out.  I'll try it when I get my 357 guns in and go for a shoot!
View Quote
It sounds like it is too late for you also... you have the Desert Eagle addiction.  I have really enjoyed my Desert Eagle project.  I don't have any video to share, but the Muzzle Brake (external) does a lot for the 429DE... maybe more than most calibers, but that is a tough call.  It could be the velocity as the muzzle brake effect is also noticeable with the 357Mag running Buffalo Bore 125's at 1700+  This was obvious from some video I took recently.

I can't wait to get a chamber reamer for the .429DE... I have an extra 10" 44 Mag Barrel waiting to become a 429DE.  Then I will have all the standard calibers in 6 and 10. :)

Good luck with your new Desert Eagles...

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#23]

It sounds like it is too late for you also... you have the Desert Eagle addiction.  I have really enjoyed my Desert Eagle project.  I don't have any video to share, but the Muzzle Brake (external) does a lot for the 429DE... maybe more than most calibers, but that is a tough call.  It could be the velocity as the muzzle brake effect is also noticeable with the 357Mag running Buffalo Bore 125's at 1700+  This was obvious from some video I took recently.

I can't wait to get a chamber reamer for the .429DE... I have an extra 10" 44 Mag Barrel waiting to become a 429DE.  Then I will have all the standard calibers in 6 and 10. :)

Good luck with your new Desert Eagles...

MrBlackCat
View Quote
Dude.  Now that you've completed your quest, help me keep an eye out LOL.  I've had a thing for desert eagles for probably 15 years and then I wasnt even old enough to buy one. I should have my Case Colored gun today!
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Dude.  Now that you've completed your quest, help me keep an eye out LOL.  I've had a thing for desert eagles for probably 15 years and then I wasnt even old enough to buy one. I should have my Case Colored gun today!
View Quote
It looks like you are plenty persistent enough to find plenty of great deals... but I still watch the market of course.  If there is anything specific you are looking for, just let me know and I will drop you a message if I see anything.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:24:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IamMunneY] [#25]

It looks like you are plenty persistent enough to find plenty of great deals... but I still watch the market of course.  If there is anything specific you are looking for, just let me know and I will drop you a message if I see anything.

MrBlackCat
View Quote
Will do man.  I've about resolved myself to try to collect all of the "skins" of them.  I wish my Tiger didn't have pitting in it, but I got it for under $900 so I can't really complain.

Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#26]
man I absolutely cannot find a 10" barrel.  I just tried to buy the one one Ebay and it sold for $735.

Its really hard for me to give that much when I dont have more than $1100 in ANY single gun total... I gues If I want it, I'm just going to have to suck it up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#27]
how much you're willing to pay, I guess, first of all, depends on the condition, and whether it's a XIX, or previous gen, compatibility with your slide.  and what caliber you're looking for, if that's THE popular caliber.  and maybe the value of any extras included, if of any value to you, since all you really want is the barrel.

I just saw that the .357 Magnum 10" barrel, new in factory packaging, went for $510.  Gotta consider that's a fair price, IMHO, since WHEN they were available new from Magnum Research, they listed at $500 or something like that.  So, since they're discontinued, gonna be harder to find.

so, if the one you were looking at went for $730, then subtract out $500, and the $230 is the premium you're paying for rarity, discontinued, if it was "new-in-box".  Not sure if the one you're referring to was NIB, or used, previous gen, etc.  I don't think the prices of the 10" barrels are going to decrease, especially since the Desert Eagle is still in production and people are still buying them.

I think you gotta do some soul-searching, figure out which model, caliber you really want, ignore everything else, and if "yours" shows up, you gotta go balls out because that's the one, it's yours, and it's now or never.  just my 2 cents.  on the other hand, if you're wanting a 10" gold tiger stripe 50AE, not sure they even exist.

your wife is not gonna like my way of thinking, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#28]
really envious of your case-hardened Desert Eagle, but realistically, not sure if I could bring myself to shoot something so beautiful.  I'd have to wear white gloves every time I'd handle it, don't want to get oily fingerprints on it.  Whereas my plain old black-oxide finish DE, yeah, I can shoot the crap out of that no worries.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#29]
People actually want those?  When I was looking for a DE a couple years ago, more than once I got excited about what looked to be a steal, and then it turned out to be one of these 10" abortions.

Only reason I can think of to get one is to have it cut down and threaded.  I haven't looked into it, is there another way to get a threaded DE barrel than that?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:16:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#30]
Originally Posted By Klaustrophobia:
People actually want those?  When I was looking for a DE a couple years ago, more than once I got excited about what looked to be a steal, and then it turned out to be one of these 10" abortions.
View Quote
"Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder."
I take it you're not a big fan of the AMT Automag, Walther P38 (both similar appearance), or the AMT Longslide either?

image: imfdb

Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:16:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ] [#31]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
how much you're willing to pay, I guess, first of all, depends on the condition, and whether it's a XIX, or previous gen, compatibility with your slide.  and what caliber you're looking for, if that's THE popular caliber.  and maybe the value of any extras included, if of any value to you, since all you really want is the barrel.

I just saw that the .357 Magnum 10" barrel, new in factory packaging, went for $510.  Gotta consider that's a fair price, IMHO, since WHEN they were available new from Magnum Research, they listed at $500 or something like that.  So, since they're discontinued, gonna be harder to find.

so, if the one you were looking at went for $730, then subtract out $500, and the $230 is the premium you're paying for rarity, discontinued, if it was "new-in-box".  Not sure if the one you're referring to was NIB, or used, previous gen, etc.  I don't think the prices of the 10" barrels are going to decrease, especially since the Desert Eagle is still in production and people are still buying them.

I think you gotta do some soul-searching, figure out which model, caliber you really want, ignore everything else, and if "yours" shows up, you gotta go balls out because that's the one, it's yours, and it's now or never.  just my 2 cents.  on the other hand, if you're wanting a 10" gold tiger stripe 50AE, not sure they even exist.

View All Quotes

Yeah I've started at wanting to pay 500$ for one, now I'm up to $700, and thats still not going to get it done apparently.  The even dumber reason for me wanting this and not wanting to pay that price is I want to have it threaded for a suppressor.

As for my wife.  She doesn't say anything about my firearm purchases thank god.  I've actually got more than whats in that picture.

really envious of your case-hardened Desert Eagle, but realistically, not sure if I could bring myself to shoot something so beautiful.  I'd have to wear white gloves every time I'd handle it, don't want to get oily fingerprints on it.  Whereas my plain old black-oxide finish DE, yeah, I can shoot the crap out of that no worries.
I actually didnt pay that much for it so i've shot it quite a bit.  Its actually a 357 which makes it a little easier on the wallet!

You could likely counterbore and thread bore and cut ID threads with an adapter on a standard 6” barrel.

But I don’t know how close the gas tube runs to the bore, so it would be possible to get into the gas tube when you machine your threads.

So, maybe there’s another approach.
I'm just going to have to suck it up and get it bought next time.

I wonder if MRI is paying attention, and could be convinced to do a limited run of 10” barrels at some point.
They better be.  A 10" case hardened would be awesome!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I wrestled with the decision to buy a 10" back in the day, I got my .44 Mark XIX back in 1998, I thought I was getting ripped off paying $475 for the 10" but I guess it was a worthy investment.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Well,  I've finally got what I was looking for!

I found a guy selling a 10" 50AE barrel and I got it for $515.  It should be here this weekend!  Pretty pumped about that.

I also bought 44 Mag gun that came with the original carrying case and 10 and 14" barrels with it.  Paid a pretty good price for it, but considering the barrels bring $$$$ I should be okay in it.

Hopefully have it this weekend too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats!  just in time for Christmas too!  sounds like you just completed your collection, good to hear.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Well,  I've finally got what I was looking for!

I found a guy selling a 10" 50AE barrel and I got it for $515.  It should be here this weekend!  Pretty pumped about that.

I also bought 44 Mag gun that came with the original carrying case and 10 and 14" barrels with it.  Paid a pretty good price for it, but considering the barrels bring $$$$ I should be okay in it.

Hopefully have it this weekend too.
View Quote
Excellent!  With many factory loadings, you will get a 200+ FPS velocity increase from the 10" vs 6".  I don't have any 14" barrels myself, so I don't know what further gain you get from those.

Good to hear you got what you were looking for without extreme prices. :)

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Congrats!  just in time for Christmas too!  sounds like you just completed your collection, good to hear.
View All Quotes
Thank ya!  The barrel collection is complete.. now I start my adventure of trying to own all the finishes I guess... My wife is going to murder me.

Excellent!  With many factory loadings, you will get a 200+ FPS velocity increase from the 10" vs 6".  I don't have any 14" barrels myself, so I don't know what further gain you get from those.

Good to hear you got what you were looking for without extreme prices. :)

MrBlackCat
Yeah.  I was very fortunate for the 10" barrel.  The complete kit with the 2 long barrels was 2000$ but if you factor the 2 long barrels at 500$ each, its really not that bad.   I'm thinking about picking up a LabRadar to play with and I'll get 6v10v14" numbers for the giggles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top