Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The whitepaper is a scientific view of thread engagement, what it is, what's required for this particular application.

Glock OEM plate and OPF-G, RMR have the same thread engagement that's necessary (both meet minimum thread engagement with a Trijicon sealing plate), while the OEM plate will loosen and shear sight to plate screws, OPF-G, RMR doesn't.  The screws and thread engagement are the constant, plates are the variables.  OPF-G, RMR's design that firmly holds the sight immobile is the deciding factor.

There can be more thread engagement and it'd be of no use if the sight is allowed to move.   Numbers don't lie, physics is immutable.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Too many words, I ain't a wordsmith

eta FCD is awesome
View Quote

LMFAO  

In short, thread engagement is not everything to put your eggs in.  Lots more at play.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We can, but don't have any desire to make as many plates as they have models.

That, and we only support sights made in the US, and countries friendly to the US.
View Quote

I guess that's what I meant or maybe misunderstood something you said earlier.  Either way I was glad I went with the RMR.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a custom G21 slide with an MOS cut, and now I'm looking for an adapter plate, and I can't find the OEM kit for the G40 MOS in stock anywhere.  Would something like the OPF-G or one of the CHPWS plates work on a large frame slide?  Ideally, I would like to use the OPF-G RMR with my Holosun HE508T since this would add the most mass to the slide and help with shooting .45 SUPER through it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
OPF-G, RMR will work on G40.  In order to accommodate the full width of the RMR, our plate is wider than the 1" G17 and G19 slide, it overhangs on both sides a bit.

On a G40 with the slide being wider, the overhang disappears.

These are pics posted by another member that installed OPF-G, RMR on his G40.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

OPF-G, RMR was designed for RMR and SRO.  It was tested with 508T but it was a sloppy fit, can't speak to 508T v2 as we stopped buying more H sights to test after that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info!  I ordered the part from you guys, and I'll see how the Holosun fits.  If it doesn't, I do have an RMR I can put on it instead, I would just prefer to use the Holosun on this build.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
36 pages and I just want to know who you guys reccomend for milling a GLOCK 21 for a SRO or RMR??
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got my OPF-G, RMR in yesterday. Just did a dry fit last night (still waiting on RMR to arrive) and it is clearly a better fit than the Glock MOS plate.

ETA: Plate and RMR installed per the included instructions. I dig it. Seems pretty rock solid. Hope to get out and shoot / zero this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
36 pages and I just want to know who you guys reccomend for milling a GLOCK 21 for a SRO or RMR??
View Quote

Check out Jagerwerks, aTei or L&M Precision
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks everyone for the recommendation of the Forward Controls RMR mount.   Picked up my 19 MOS today and just ordered the mount and the RMR.

4 minutes from order to ship. Not bad.

Looking forward to this as it’s my first pistol red dot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the recommendation of the Forward Controls RMR mount.   Picked up my 19 MOS today and just ordered the mount and the RMR.

4 minutes from order to ship. Not bad.

Looking forward to this as it’s my first pistol red dot.
View Quote

You’ll love how solid and well made it makes the whole system feel.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Also in development: VP9, universal (both issued and commercial M17/M18) RMR mounts.

43x/48 RMRcc plate will be in testing, then production soon.  Billet machined in steel, as always.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:00:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also in development: VP9, universal (both issued and commercial M17/M18) RMR mounts.

43x/48 RMRcc plate will be in testing, then production soon.  Billet machined in steel, as always.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_6298_jpg-1898686.JPG
View Quote

VP9 OR owners are dying to get them.  And made in steel instead of aluminum like every other company.  I presume they will have fences like the Glock plate.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I think there's ample room on the HK, if so, definitely keeping the recoil fences
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Also in development: VP9,
View Quote
Yes!!! Can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Just wanted to give a shout out to Roger from FCD. Today I thought I ran into a problem with the screws on my mount but I was completely wrong. No issues at all with the FCD RMR plate or screws. The issue was that the extractor depressor plunger could not be removed from the slide of my G19 Gen 5 MOS.

Roger called me personally today to talk with me about the issue I was experiencing and helped me troubleshoot it even though it had nothing to do with his awesome plate or the screws. Can't say I have ever had that kind of experience with any product I've purchased in my personal life or at work. Above and beyond customer service and a genuinely really nice guy.

It seems that I may have used a little too much loctite. The screw hole on the extractor side of the slide has a tiny hole into the channel where the extractor depressor plunger channel is located. It looks like some loctite got in there through the pin sized hole where the screw threads in through the slide.

I took a light to the top of the screw hole and saw the tiny bit shining through in the channel where the screw for the plate goes into the slide. I then verified the same thing on a brand new in the box Gen 5 G19 as well. Sure enough, there is a pin size hole allowing light through in the same place. I wish Glock would have found a way to screw these plates into the slide without creating a hole in this area but it's better than creating a hole in the striker channel I suppose.

I never noticed this issue with VC3 when I had used that on another Glock MOS gun because it does not seem to run and I was a bit more cautious with how much I used. I cleaned out the channel and was very cautious to only use just enough thread locker, no issues so far and I'll check it again periodically.

TL/DR: Roger from FCD is a great guy and cares a lot about his products and customers. I think he works 24/7/365. Don't use too much loctite or stick with VC3 when installing an MOS plate.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:03:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Roger is GTG!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Than you sir, I learned something in the process

The trick to VC-3 is use just what's needed, for small screws like MOS plate to slide screws, a tiny pin drop is all that's required.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Just wrapped the Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor class. About 1350 rounds leading up to and in the class with the Forward plate. Checked torque several times with no movement whatsoever. Super pleased.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Thank you
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just wrapped the Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor class. About 1350 rounds leading up to and in the class with the Forward plate. Checked torque several times with no movement whatsoever. Super pleased.
View Quote

Was the class as good as you would expect from Aaron?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Took the same course.

Yes. Aaron is a solid instructor and well worth the $.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#23]
You should have access to previous students emails with some good info on certain locitites better than the standard blue.  
Well worth it.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You should have access to previous students emails with some good info on certain locitites better than the standard blue.  
Well worth it.  
View Quote

Dropbox FTW.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me put it this way. My slot was paid for by my employer. However, if he comes back next year (says he is), I plan on going again on my own dime.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Let me put it this way. My slot was paid for by my employer. However, if he comes back next year (says he is), I plan on going again on my own dime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am just getting in to the RDS on pistols.  I would love to take one of his classes and convince my agency to allow their use.  Long ways off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I am just getting in to the RDS on pistols.  I would love to take one of his classes and convince my agency to allow their use.  Long ways off.
View Quote

If you ever need an example of a RDS friendly GO, let me know.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep pushing. Took me 5 years to get it started at my PD and now pretty much rolling it out department wide this coming year. Plates will also be required.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Keep pushing. Took me 5 years to get it started at my PD and now pretty much rolling it out department wide this coming year. Plates will also be required.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will be a big push.  I messaged Marksman14 what I am up against.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#30]
You'll have to do a study/testing once past admin and approval of mayor, city manager, etc. for an increase in funding for the equipment and training.  It'll be easier to go the MOS route versus sending off to get milled and recoated.  Aaron's white paper covers a lot of that science.  
Ohhh and Safariland is the back log.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#31]
If we can be of service in any way, please let me know.  It's not our thing to name drop in public, I don't know of all the agencies that authorize red dot sights on duty weapons but I do know some big ones that do (and use our plate)
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If we can be of service in any way, please let me know.  It's not our thing to name drop in public, I don't know of all the agencies that authorize red dot sights on duty weapons but I do know some big ones that do (and use our plate)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
You'll have to do a study/testing once past admin and approval of mayor, city manager, etc. for an increase in funding for the equipment and training.  It'll be easier to go the MOS route versus sending off to get milled and recoated.  Aaron's white paper covers a lot of that science.  
Ohhh and Safariland is the back log.  Good luck!

We are a state agency with a bunch of little/medium semi-independent jurisdictions.  Carrying a firearm is optional and guns are personally purchased and owned.  Current training is to the lowest common denominator and ranges from literal social workers to ex military/corrections and police officers.  

Even though the small jurisdictions are somewhat independent in some things the training and policy is controlled by the mothership at the state.  Then the administration of our agency have to get it cleared by the a panel of five people above them.  

Its a bigger charlie foxtrot than i have seen in my 21 years of experience.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

All our MOS guys are using your plate
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#34]
We're grateful for all the support from our friends and LE agencies, thank you guys!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#35]
My agency just ran our first red dot transition course. Two day course, yesterday and today, 10 students total. We're using the Glock 17MOS.

I brought a Forward Controls Design mounting plate and was pleasantly surprised that our training Sergeant had no issue with me using it. 6/10 of us had aftermarket plates and I had no issues with the Forward Controls plate, which one of the instructors enthusiastically described as "Oh ya! That's good to go dude!" when I pulled it out during setup.

I certainly feel very confident with it as my mounting system on my duty weapon. Plus, I'm loving the RMR!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#36]
OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc is in production.  We're developing backup sights in conjunction as well to meet agency requirements.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc is in production.  We're developing backup sights in conjunction as well to meet agency requirements.
View Quote

That's awesome news, will the BUIS be tritium?

Any plans for a 507K adaptor plate?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Tritium might be optional.  The agency we're working with doesn't mandate it, but I'd like to include night sight options.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your gonna make me buy a 43X MOS and stick a SRO onto aren’t you?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Haha

No plans for H plates.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Your gonna make me buy a 43X MOS and stick a SRO onto aren't you?
View Quote
That would be an unusual combo. Small gun big optic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That would be an unusual combo. Small gun big optic.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#43]
just wanted to say thanks for answering all my questions on your product and my G40 10mm, cant wait for the plate to get here.  This company is GTG!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think there's ample room on the HK, if so, definitely keeping the recoil fences
View Quote

@Duffy

Do you need a VP9OR slide for R&D purposes?  If so you are welcome to use mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#45]
We have a slide.  One of the plates is ready, working on the other one now
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#46]
@Duffy

How tight should I be tightening my RMR down with the screws provided?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#47]
12 to 13 inch lb
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
12 to 13 inch lb
View Quote

Is that both the screws attaching the plate to the gun and the RMR to the plate?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
12 to 13 inch lb
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#50]
@Duffy
got my plate from you for my Glock model 40 10mm.  The fit is super tight, got it all mounted up, and could'nt be happier with it, thanks again!
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top