Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2020 12:29:06 PM EDT
Did Sig ever sell the MK25 with the threaded barrel? I know they sell one separately (BBLMK25T) but I'm curious if they ever came that way from the factory and if so, what if any differences (markings, whatever) there are between the factory installed threaded barrel and the one the sell separately?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they did offer the mk25 from the factory with the threaded barrel. I have one, but as far as different marking I’m unsure.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought mine used so I'm unsure if it came with the barrel from the factory. The only thing I can see is "9mm para Sig" on the exposed side which looks like it matches the one for sale. When I get home I get check the blind side for you
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The one that came with them was the "naval coated" barrel that is supposed to resist corrosion. The one that you can buy from the site is not. What that really means or is worth to anyone is up for debate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I have one, the box says MK-25-TB as the model
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I get home I get check the blind side for you
View Quote

I'd appreciate that. Thanks

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope it’s real

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Same

And made the day after the one above it!

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably just small batches. Sig loved to do that stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope it’s real
View Quote
Looks like a fake to me, you should send it my way for proper disposal!

So any idea how long or what years they made the TB version? I was kind of hoping the factory threaded model would also have suppressor height sights I but guess not?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks like a fake to me, you should send it my way for proper disposal!

So any idea how long or what years they made the TB version? I was kind of hoping the factory threaded model would also have suppressor height sights I but guess not?
View Quote

I’m pretty sure they did some 226’s with tall sights but am not sure. Personally I don’t really care about them. You can still shoot the gun pretty well with normal sights. If you change your mind put them on later.

As for when they were made and how often I have no idea. You can see the date on ours. You’d need one of the guys who tracked that stuff I just buy good deals when I see them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As for when they were made and how often I have no idea. You can see the date on ours. You’d need one of the guys who tracked that stuff I just buy good deals when I see them.
View Quote

Fair enough. I'm just trying to figure out if its worth trying to track one of these down or if they are unicorns and I might as well buy a standard MK-25 and buy the BBLMK25T barrel for it? I'm like you and tend to wait for good deals so I guess I'll just see what I can find? Sounds like it might be 6 one way, half dozen the other anyway?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Unless you need a MK25 just get a cheaper 226 and drop the barrel in it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I already have a 226 with a threaded barrel but now I need an MK25
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:35:03 AM EDT
[#14]
haha understood. My friend runs a store here and I saw him walk in with a Sig box and asked what it was. His eyes lit up and he said I'll make you a hell of a deal so I grabbed it. Guess they had a customer that had been screwing them around forever and flaked so lucky me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This was my logic.

$379 gun from AIM.
Added a drop in Silencerco 1/2-28 barrel + new suppressor night sights.
Also did a short trigger and short reset kit.

I fucking love shooting this thing.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish they were in stock somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Sig stopped offering the MK25 Threaded Barrel version IIRC at the end of 2018.... BTW the MK25 barrels are chromed lined threaded or plain. CDNN was selling the MK25 plain barrel IIRC for around $175 over a year ago....
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#19]
They sell a chrome/phospate TB on sigs website......anyhow that is what i got a couple years ago for this gun.  I could not find a factory TB gun at a reasonable price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top