Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2020 4:35:24 PM EDT
Hello,

Recently purchased Mk23 and I am trying to decipher how old the pistol is. Trouble is that it does not have the last two letters after the serial number, just the S/N followed by a DE.

I have heard rumors that this means it was made in Germany, but my question then is how do I decipher the age?

Thanks in advance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That's not the date code.

A  0
B  1
C  2
D  3
E  4
F  5
G  6
H  7
I  8
K  9
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's not the date code.

A  0
B  1
C  2
D  3
E  4
F  5
G  6
H  7
I  8
K  9
View Quote

Thanks. Forgive my ignorance but could you perhaps point me where to find it then? Per what it says based on my search it is supposed to occur after the serial number.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks. Forgive my ignorance but could you perhaps point me where to find it then? Per what it says based on my search it is supposed to occur after the serial number.
View Quote
Should be on the side of the slide and on the frame somewhere around the locking block and should start with either a K, A, or B. The DE is on pretty much every German made gun these days so I'd wager it just means Deutschland.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Should be on the side of the slide and on the frame somewhere around the locking block and should start with either a K, A, or B. The DE is on pretty much every German made gun these days so I'd wager it just means Deutschland.
View Quote

I am perplexed because this is all I see. Could have been the C/P but that does not make sense.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Pop the slide off the frame and look where the locking block meets the frame.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Found it on the trigger guard! Thank you very much folks. Appreciate your patience with me.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top