Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2020 4:41:14 PM EDT
Just picked up a MK IV 22/45 Lite. I originally wanted the Tactical so I could add a light in case I need some backyard night hunting with the current world situation, but I had a credit at the LGS and this is what they had in stock. I already have more mags on the way and I have a Vortex Venom I may throw on it, as well as a can.

What else are the must-do's, if any?

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a can, you will enjoy it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Holosun 407/507
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Toss on a TK trig and a Halo.  Then Put your Venom on  and rock Out!!

H
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
2" barrel chop and a can.

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Only thing Ive done to mine is a FiberOptic front site.

McFadden mag loader is highly recommended.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Here’s a similar thread someone started in the Ruger forum.

I got a Volquartsen accurizing  kit for my Mark IV tactical. The factory trigger wasn’t too bad, but I think it’s worth it. I also got a Holosun 407 on a Madmacs mount. Picked up 6 more magazines from Amazon or eBay, can’t remember. Also highly recommend a McFadden magazine loader.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a can, you will enjoy it.
View Quote

Already have one
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holosun 407/507
View Quote

Ive got 507Cs on 2 of my Glocks and the 510 and 503 with circle dot on my go to pistols.

I LOVE the HS reticle, but I think Ill just use the Venom for now since I have it, unless another $200 deal for a 507C pops up
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Toss on a TK trig and a Halo.  Then Put your Venom on  and rock Out!!

H
View Quote

@HHjr more info on these please? Or a link?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only thing Ive done to mine is a FiberOptic front site.

McFadden mag loader is highly recommended.
View Quote

I saw a thread somewhere (dont remember) about replacement FO sights that just screw into the Ruger spots. I need to find it so I can try them

Have a similar loader, so Im good there
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Make sure you get the one for the Lite.  Its higher.  I got mine off ebay I think
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I am not a linking person I apologize

Tandemkross.com       I dropped in their Victory trigger, Claw extractor and their magazine safety bushing on my MK3.    I also removed Loaded Chamber Indicator that plagues MK3 users. I want to try their Halo bolt ring. There are Lots of YouTube vids to help with installations

Also as others have posted check out maddmacs for a Slick sight base

Ruger 22’s are the less expensive cousin to the Black Plague...... the AR disease

Enjoy!??

H
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve been looking for some target style grips, but it seems nobody makes them for the MarkIV 22/45 yet. Something like this one from Volquartsen.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
What I did to mine: Vortex Venom in a Burris dovetail mount (part#410329), Volquartsen competition kit, and Hogue checkered G10.
Out of my dozen other guns, I think this gets used the most.

Have been really thinking about messaging you about a MkIV chop lol. Won't really work with OPs Lite model though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#15]
A Madmacs mount to replace the stock one. I'll upgrade the trigger eventually but stock isn't too bad for what I use it for.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am not a linking person I apologize

Tandemkross.com       I dropped in their Victory trigger, Claw extractor and their magazine safety bushing on my MK3.    I also removed Loaded Chamber Indicator that plagues MK3 users. I want to try their Halo bolt ring. There are Lots of YouTube vids to help with installations

Also as others have posted check out maddmacs for a Slick sight base

Ruger 22’s are the less expensive cousin to the Black Plague...... the AR disease

Enjoy!??

H
View Quote

Thanks!

Guess I picked the wrong time to get into Ruger 22s lol
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Here is the other type mount from Madmacs that replaces the rear sight. I think it looks a little better, just my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top