Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2022 10:28:07 AM EDT
Just picked up an M9A4 last Friday. Finally got to play with it last night and the mag release wasn't working. It was stiff and it seemed to catch on the frame. I took it apart and the spring was way to long. I put the mag release in without the spring and inserts and found that there is a lip on the release that catches on the frame. I installed a M9 mag release and it works fine.

I am planning on getting with Beretta Tuesday to see if they can just switch the mag release for me. Anyone else have this issue with their A4? And what did you other than clipping the spring? Is this a one off or a common quality issue lately?

I've never had a quality issue once with Beretta and this simple deal kind of suprised me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was stiff initially, seems to be getting better.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has no issues.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine was stiff initially, seems to be getting better.
View Quote

Yeah, mine is pretty much inoperable. I was surprised they let that one out of the factory. My buddy was more pissed than I was. I know it will get sorted one way or the other. I'm really curious if there are more than a couple of people experiencing this. That spring they put in was way too long and it looks like the body is out of spec. I figure someone just got a box of springs that were meant for another pistol and built a bunch of the pistols like that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I was more weirded out by the fact that it's plastic before I took a magnet to it and figured out that it's plastic coated steel. I was going to replace mine with a metal one, but the plastic coating probably helps it slide in the frame, and I haven't had any issues.

It sounds like your spring and bushings aren't in spec, so hopefully Beretta gets you squared away under warranty.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top