Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 8:28:48 PM EDT
I was wanting to replace the grip screws on my M9A3.  I ordered a set of OEM Beretta screws, but they are slightly too long.  Seems like they are for standard pistols, and not the thinner Vertec / A3 grips.  Does anyone sell a set of short screws?  I can't seem to find a part number listing for them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe Brownells ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I've tried all the usual places, it seems Beretta themselves doesn't even offer replacements.  Everything is M9 / 92/ 96 etc.  The Vertec screws are slightly shorter.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Grab the dremel.

I've lost a few, replaced with standard 92 grip screws. I use the "hogue-ish" overgrip that came with the m9a3, they work fine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, figured I'd end up trimming the ones I have.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in terms of a direct replacement.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I noticed on a few grips offered for the 92 series, that some have a rubber "O" ring that takes up some of the space. I have them on my Wilson Combat thin grips as the screws by themselves would be too long. Not sure how they are on the M9A3 unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a set from a pro shooter / gunsmith off his site . Looking for the website , I can’t remember who .
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The set of slotted 92-series grip screws I got from Beretta USA a couple years ago came with washers.

Are your screws too long even with he washers?
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The screw length shouldn’t be any different between those two models.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I think I found the site you are referring to, he has shortened screws listed:

https://www.olhasso.com/parts.php

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a set from a pro shooter / gunsmith off his site . Looking for the website , I can’t remember who .
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was wanting to replace the grip screws on my M9A3.  I ordered a set of OEM Beretta screws, but they are slightly too long.  Seems like they are for standard pistols, and not the thinner Vertec / A3 grips.  Does anyone sell a set of short screws?  I can't seem to find a part number listing for them.
View Quote

I manufacture screws for the Beretta... and the length is the same for the vertec and the standard frame 92fs.. We make grips for both as well, and have done OEM for Beretta as well.

You can try a rubber oring as was suggested... or file them. It may be your "oem" screws you ordered are not oem after all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top