Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2020 10:06:53 PM EDT
I was trying out some new Mecgar 18 round magazines and all of a sudden I’m getting slide locks with a still loaded magazine.  Tried my 15 rd mags that have worked flawlessly and getting the same thing, just less slide locks than the 18 rds.  Shot again today and still happening after a good cleaning.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
gunsmith time
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You might be hitting the slide stop lever when shooting
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
^ look at where your thumbs are
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^ look at where your thumbs are
View Quote

Not the thumbs, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#5]
When you insert a mag into the mag well, do you use a lot of force? I would start with the mag release to see if it is damaged,worn,burrs,etc. and see if the mags are sitting too high when inserted. Also check the magazines to see if there is any damage/issues where they make contact with the mag. release. I am not sure if the M9 has a polymer/steel coated mag. release or just steel. It is a cheap part to get and you could replace it and see.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Has the slide-release spring fallen off the top of slide-stop lever?  Or has it broken or is it simply gone?  Sounds like at least the spring is simply worn-out and lacking the force to hold the slide-stop lever "down" when the gun is fired.  Something to consider since it's a cheap and easy fix.  Good luck.

Compliments of the good folks at Brownells:

913-100-490WB
Slide Stop Spring, M92/96
Mfr Part: C54113
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Has the slide-release spring fallen off the top of slide-stop lever?  Or has it broken or is it simply gone?  Sounds like at least the spring is simply worn-out and lacking the force to hold the slide-stop lever "down" when the gun is fired.  Something to consider since it's a cheap and easy fix.  Good luck.

913-100-490WB
View Quote

This is looking like the problem.  Got one on the way and hopefully it takes care of the problem.  I appreciate everyone’s input!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

913-100-490WB
View Quote

This

Change it, the trigger bar spring, trigger return spring, and the recoil spring every 3-5K rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top