Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2022 8:51:16 PM EDT
I thought the dark Wenge wood, apparently also known as African rosewood would look good on my M66-2.

I think they look great:
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh my, a beautiful and sexy temptress.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  66-0 in the avatar with Pacmyer grips.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
They look Great! Who made them?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Second this! Originals are stupid expensive now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
My -1 likes the wood.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

They sure as "F" are... I bought a Vintage Lew Horton Special "Smith" that had some stupid-ass grips on her of the "FagMeyer" persuasion... Of-which I'd rather throw into the trash than try to recycle to those that don't know any-better...

So eBay was a solid source of the exotic and now rare to find Legit Goncalo-Alves in OEM Smith proper and vintage form in Minty Condition. $225 was ridiculous 5 years ago but I paid that to get her back to awesome status. $350 is the norm now for an okay set... And I remember reading that new Smith owners in the 80's would take the same off and throw thee GA-Combats violently in the trash for a pair of "Ghey-ass'd" Pachmeyer's just makes me laugh and cry equally at such stupidity now...
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, beautiful Smiths thread!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They sure as "F" are... I bought a Vintage Lew Horton Special "Smith" that had some stupid-ass grips on her of the "FagMeyer" persuasion... Of-which I'd rather throw into the trash than try to recycle to those that don't know any-better...

So eBay was a solid source of the exotic and now rare to find Legit Goncalo-Alves in OEM Smith proper and vintage form in Minty Condition. $225 was ridiculous 5 years ago but I paid that to get her back to awesome status. $350 is the norm now for an okay set... And I remember reading that new Smith owners in the 80's would take the same off and throw thee GA-Combats violently in the trash for a pair of "Ghey-ass'd" Pachmeyer's just makes me laugh and cry equally at such stupidity now...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the classic 80s Smith look with square but targets on duty size guns.  On paper, I shoot much better with rubber Pachmeyrs.  Smooth wooden grips like those gorgeous combats suck as soon as my hands get sweaty.   I need checkering or rubber.  

The most hideous set up I owned was a Blackhawk .357 with Pachs, my groups were less than half that of the OEM wood.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:54:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I love the classic 80s Smith look with square but targets on duty size guns.  On paper, I shoot much better with rubber Pachmeyrs.  Smooth wooden grips like those gorgeous combats suck as soon as my hands get sweaty.   I need checkering or rubber.  

The most hideous set up I owned was a Blackhawk .357 with Pachs, my groups were less than half that of the OEM wood.
View Quote

I can see your point for sure. I'm a "sweat-hog" myself as I am of Scottish decent and don't belong as this latitude by design. However, when I shoot (especially outside or a silhouette match) I wear a nice svelte pair of "cop-gloves" and they mitigate all grip sweat plus add recoil absorbing benefits. So it's the best of both worlds not bunching up of the cover garment for CCW carry and the beauty of the OEM GA's are always present. You should try a quality pair for S's & G's of a nice pair of gloves aforementioned. I think I paid $40-55 for the leather set and they have lasted me almost 3 seasons.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice looking pistol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry to be so slow to respond. Been busy with our seasonal business.

The grips on the 66-2 were made by Roberts grips and are nearly as expensive as original combats.

But Vitoonwood on Amazon, Vitoonmakers on EBay, makes excellent combats. The guy is in Thailand. His shipping costs have gone way up and now he charges $95/pair.

He lurks on S&W Forums and probably here too.

Here’s a photo or two of his grips. In the last photo, the M19 has original S&W SB combats, the M66 has Vitoonwood.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top