Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2021 10:59:44 AM EDT
I found a good deal on a Ruger Security 6 the seller says that the wheel gun works it just looks ugly $469 is somewhat blued but that's fine wanted to Cerakote the wheel gun to what color my wife wanted anyway.

She had the chance to use a red dot and reflex sight and she fell in love with them and she told me that is what she wants on her revolver. This revolver is going to be carried around my property mostly for snakes and hogs.

So I'm looking for advice on what sight to get her? We are looking for something lightweight and that is not too large on the weapon. Do size and weight probably top unless you can tell me something else should be?

Having a long battery life would be nice but I know there are a lot of them out there that can be left on for years. I don't know much about reflex or pistol sights so if there is something I'm missing please ask and I'll give you an answer!

Thanks! Cost-wise I'm willing to spend as much as I did for the wheel gun if that helps out any?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Weigand doesn't make a no drill rail for the Security Sixes. You'll probably need to find a rail that will fit and a gunsmith to install it, then hope the RDS you have will work.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weigand doesn't make a no drill rail for the Security Sixes. You'll probably need to find a rail that will fit and a gunsmith to install it, then hope the RDS you have will work.
View Quote

Yep.  Those were solid revolvers in the day, and that day was before anyone thought of putting optics on one.    Gunsmith custom mount if you are determined, and you should have the sight in hand so they can make the mount properly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

This you don't think will fit I'm going to send them an email.

https://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-Revolver-Mini-Mount.html
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Very solid line of revolvers back in the day.
I had a stainless 4" Security 6  that I wish I never sold.
Always wanted a Service 6 snub in 9mm with the moon clips.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This you don't think will fit I'm going to send them an email.

https://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-Revolver-Mini-Mount.html
View Quote

They got back to me and told me that this would fit any Security 6 that had an adjustable rear sight on it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#6]
That would work for a small red dot for sure.

Ruger Mini Mount
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
You would be better served with one of the EGW mounts that replaces the rear sight with an MRDS specific mount.
A rail + rail mount + MRDS puts the sight way up above the normal sighting plane and makes it difficult to obtain a quick sight picture.

Something like this:
https://www.egwguns.com/trijicon-rmr-sro-holosun-407c-507c-mount-for-ruger-revolver

The mount is made for just about every MRDS sight footprint so you can use pretty much whatever you choose.

ETA: this is my Redhawk with the same mount
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top