Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2021 5:16:20 PM EDT
I'm doing a P80 build and I'm looking for a G17 slide.  I've read that Rock Slide is a no-go.  AimSurplus doesn't list slides anymore.  Other than OEM Glock, who makes a good G17 slide that is actually in stock somewhere?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells and Zaffiri Precision have slides in stock
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
keep an eye out on these folks

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/glock-oem-slides-stripped-complete-g17-g19-g26-g34/
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased my last G17 slide off ebay.
But it was before the chinese flu hit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Curious - why not rock slide? I've had very little success finding any reviews, much less bad ones.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve been looking for an OEM Glock 17 slide
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Brownells has slides. Marine Gun Builder has a review on Polymer80 compatible slides.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Curious - why not rock slide? I've had very little success finding any reviews, much less bad ones.
View Quote
Friends don't let friends buy Rock Slide!

Seriously Rock Slide has major quality control issues from undersized guide rod and firing pin holes to too much cerakote everywhere. They also do not know how to deburr anything either. A lot of people have issues getting barrels to fit since the slide is on the small side.

And the main reason is that Rock Slide uses cheap steel that is not properly hardened or tempered. I have seen many example where the slide cracks/breaks at the slide stop notch or guide rod. I have even seen some that the top of the slide in front of the barrel hood has peeled back like a banana.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Primary arms showed Primary Machine G-17 slide in stock.   Never heard of them but might be worth checking out.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-machine-glock-17-slide-gen-3-ucc-v3-black-nitride?trk_msg=QSQPQG2U3G8471I2VNU3B040OG&trk_contact=CN50J2DJTKCVKR4OBVK7RQA0PO&trk_sid=0MH2OHC7LBBGLLLSOUIASAVLQK&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=SLOT_8&utm_campaign=21_03_AD01_InStock
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Zev all the things :)
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Friends don't let friends buy Rock Slide!

Seriously Rock Slide has major quality control issues from undersized guide rod and firing pin holes to too much cerakote everywhere. They also do not know how to deburr anything either. A lot of people have issues getting barrels to fit since the slide is on the small side.

And the main reason is that Rock Slide uses cheap steel that is not properly hardened or tempered. I have seen many example where the slide cracks/breaks at the slide stop notch or guide rod. I have even seen some that the top of the slide in front of the barrel hood has peeled back like a banana.
View Quote

Thanks! I was looking at them, found very little as far as reviews. One of those "support local" type things, but I don't want to support local if it's shit.

Brownells has G26 slides back in stock, that's what I was really looking for anyway. Don't care for the fluff in the cuts and "vents" unless they're useful.

EDIT: Fo'd on a Brownells G26 slide RMR cut.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just came to ask this... they're the only place that has optics ready G22 slides at a reasonable price... I assume it's Chinese made russian roulette?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just came to ask this... they're the only place that has optics ready G22 slides at a reasonable price... I assume it's Chinese made russian roulette?
View Quote
Yes you will be gambling if you buy one. Too many people have had issues with Rock Slide slides.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a couple of tts customs from zaffiri precision I got off ebay, and they have been good so far. Holosun fits well, and I would buy another.
ebay
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a complete Zaffiri G43 slide that I bought from 80P Builders along with a Zaffiri G26 slide I bought from TTS Customs on eBay. I am running a Swampfox Sentinel on the G43 and a Swampfox Liberty on the G26. Zaffiri slides are good to go.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I would pass on the Rock Slide slides. I had one and it was what I expected, cheaply made and some parts would not fit. I would check on Lone Wolf or Brownell's for inexpensive or a ZEV if you want a different design. I have had them all and can say do not cheap out on a slide if you plan on keeping it. That also goes for the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would pass on the Rock Slide slides. I had one and it was what I expected, cheaply made and some parts would not fit. I would check on Lone Wolf or Brownell's for inexpensive or a ZEV if you want a different design. I have had them all and can say do not cheap out on a slide if you plan on keeping it. That also goes for the barrel.
View Quote

I was thinking about getting a OE or cheaper barrel, but was thinking if I am building from pretty much the ground up I can get better parts. I am looking at a Zaffiri barrel, but OE slide parts. Gonna cost a little more, but why not get good stuff from the beginning and not have to upgrade later, or put good money after bad (like what y'all are saying about Rock Slides)
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Steel City Arsenal

Very good machine work and finish imo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top