Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2018 4:46:32 PM EDT
Does anyone have any input on this particular model?  The lack of front strap checkering turns me off somewhat, but I found one new in box for $850 OTD with one mag.  Is this too good a deal to pass up?  Do these compare at all to the TRP line?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I put 500 rounds through one and it shot very well.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I would snatch it up for $850 NIB.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s a good price. Checkering would cost around 250 plus refinishing.

This started as an MC Operator.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
A very nice pistol in the loaded line up. Tighter than any loaded I've owned or handled. Trigger's were pretty good.
The internal finishing was complete shit on the 2 I had. This is just cosmetic and didn't affect function, but damn it made the gun feel like I was rubbing 2 pieces of sandpaper together.
After owning DW's and Baer's, I just couldn't deal with it.
I'd buy again at a sub $1000 price point, not at their $1,150 price.

If you can, look for a Combat Operator, I wish I had kept mine.

Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know the model number for the Long Beach Operator? I want to pick one up (and the wife gave me the green light). I found a place online, but it is listed twice with different model numbers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a lot of machining marks on that slide. I've owned a loaded and 2 TRP's and none of them looked like that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
For $850 OTD I would be all over that, cheapest I found one on the used market as 1k and it had been fired, they are running $1100 at Grab a Gun.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know the model number for the Long Beach Operator? I want to pick one up (and the wife gave me the green light). I found a place online, but it is listed twice with different model numbers.
View Quote
I think that the original LBO had a different number than the new “Loaded Black Operator.”

They are the same gun but the old LBO was a limited run gun. The Loaded Black gun is a catalogue item.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think that the original LBO had a different number than the new “Loaded Black Operator.”

They are the same gun but the old LBO was a limited run gun. The Loaded Black gun is a catalogue item.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool thanks, selling my old beater truck so I'll be picking one up soon. Am I crazy for wanting to use this as my EDC?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cool thanks, selling my old beater truck so I'll be picking one up soon. Am I crazy for wanting to use this as my EDC?
View Quote
Well, if you don't mind 1911s, it should be a good one.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A very nice pistol in the loaded line up. Tighter than any loaded I've owned or handled. Trigger's were pretty good.
The internal finishing was complete shit on the 2 I had. This is just cosmetic and didn't affect function, but damn it made the gun feel like I was rubbing 2 pieces of sandpaper together.
After owning DW's and Baer's, I just couldn't deal with it.
I'd buy again at a sub $1000 price point, not at their $1,150 price.

If you can, look for a Combat Operator, I wish I had kept mine.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4290/34856233294_c204846b76_b.jpg
View Quote
That is some messed up machining skills right there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NoAttachment Attached File

MC Operator
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top