Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2018 4:28:00 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience?

Am a certified by Glock armorer & Glock OEM firing pin channel liners don’t seem to fit.

I’ve rebuilt a bunch of police Glocks, so this isn’t my first slide.

Do Lone Wolf liners work better?

Anyone?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had two a 19 and a 35. The 35 works fine the 19 was a problem child. Had a lot off issues with it. There stuff is kind off hit or miss.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a full size G17 cut for an RMR sight.  I’ve spent all day with it & just emailed them after destroying the 4th liner.  It’s frustrating destroying Glock OEM parts while there’s no mention of being a different spec.

If I were to guess, the channel is a few thousandths too tight and about 0.02-0.03” too shallow since the liner stops, then splits.  If I had never rebuilt any and didn’t know there’s some finess to this step, I could blame myself, but i’ve never done this with a Glock.....and they charge almost $4/liner set.

They really ought to say if one needs their liners.

Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
First & last time with Lone Wolf. Just....wow.

I called Lone Wolf & customer service says: our specs are “tight” compared to Glock. So, sometimes things are....tight....

Me: so, Glock OEM parts may or may not fit.

Lone Wolf: well....sometimes.

Me: your web site doesn’t say your slides & parts aren’t to OEM spec & they’re “tight” & OEM May or may not fit.

LW: well, there’s a range....we need to see the slide

Me: ok, please send a return label

LW:  you had free shipping, so you pay to return parts

Me: really?  If i’m paying to return a defective part, you may as well credit me & you can keep your defective part

LW: we don’t know it’s defective

Me:  4 channel liners break & won’t seat.  I’m using the proper tool & was actually trained by Glock—would you like a copy of my armorer certificate?

LW:  well, you’re not a Lone Wolf armorer

Me:  yea, you’re right—you can keep your slide when I return it.

Caveat emptor.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of their 17 slides, and  botched the first attempt using a bic pen to insert the liner (OEM), got the tool and second one went in fine.

This was my second time installing a liner, so don't have much  to compare it to...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First & last time with Lone Wolf. Just....wow.

I called Lone Wolf & customer service says: our specs are “tight” compared to Glock. So, sometimes things are....tight....

Me: so, Glock OEM parts may or may not fit.

Lone Wolf: well....sometimes.

Me: your web site doesn’t say your slides & parts aren’t to OEM spec & they’re “tight” & OEM May or may not fit.

LW: well, there’s a range....we need to see the slide

Me: ok, please send a return label

LW:  you had free shipping, so you pay to return parts

Me: really?  If i’m paying to return a defective part, you may as well credit me & you can keep your defective part

LW: we don’t know it’s defective

Me:  4 channel liners break & won’t seat.  I’m using the proper tool & was actually trained by Glock—would you like a copy of my armorer certificate?

LW:  well, you’re not a Lone Wolf armorer

Me:  yea, you’re right—you can keep your slide when I return it.

Caveat emptor.
View Quote
Great customer service they have.

I've never heard stellar things about Lone Wolf in general. The only part from them I have any interest in, is their slide adapter, so I can make a G26L. And that's only because no one else makes one.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I've given up on a Lone Wolf slide for a P80 build.  It is definitely "tight" that's for sure.  After some stoning and a lot of metal polish I got it to fire 4 rounds in a row before the little bit of fouling from 4 rounds makes it tight enough again that it won't cycle.  A factory slide and barrel works fine on the same gun.  Never again.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Screw Lone Wolf.  Had a LW build gun that the firing pin was out of spec, sent it back and they swore it was fine, but it never worked right. Found out the pin was out of spec from somebody else checking it.

Also have a 9mm AR lower and the magazine overtravels into the receiver enough to jam the gun.  LW's advice? Dont bench shoot it, aka they got nothing.

Ill never buy a single thing from them again.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I've built 2 of their RMR slides for friends and they ran without a hitch (I used the tool for inserting the channel liner - it was a little tight but do-able). The slides felt heavier than OEM Glock slides.

Asked their CS about questions for RMR screws and got some tarded answers like " oh just cut some screws down." How short? "I dunno you'll see." What thread pitch? "I dunno you gotta check the hardware store.

Not impressed with their CS, but their slides run way better than Zev slides. Zev slides are shit and excessively tight. Match grade my ass, tight pants gucci slide mother fuckers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top