Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2022 5:37:55 PM EDT
I am considering building one.

Has anyone had experience building one?
Was it difficult?
How did you like it once you finished it and fired it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not had good luck with their internals, had to replace almost everything.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I am starting to find a number of complaints like yours.

Thx for responding and saving me the bs of doing this
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have built several of the Freedom Wolf frames.

I will say that you do need to be mindful of how you install the metal rails in place and definitely follow the instructions to a T by letting the epoxy setup for a full 48 hours before finishing the build.

I will not use Lone Wolf parts, they are junk. I have used all OEM Glock parts in all of my builds and haven't had any issues. The caveat on the Freedom Wolf is the locking block. For what ever reason LWD decided to use an outdated and discontinued locking block for their Timber Wolf and Freedom Wolf frames. And if you modify the frame to use a newer locking bloc, that does void the warranty.

The first Freedom Wolf frame I built was for a spare G44 slide and I have put it though its paces without issues. The other two have G19 slides, One with an OEM Gen 5 G19 MOS slide and the other with a Gen 5 G19 Zaffiri Precision slide.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I built one during Covid. I actually bought two full kits. I had prior experience with a p80

Love the idea. But my holes were off causing my locking block to be uneven. This kept the slide from seating. I tried to grind the block down, but finally threw up my hands. I ended up glueing the block in with the left over glue and Re-drilled the holes. Now gluing the block in will prevent me from full disassembly.

Still have not worked up the courage to test it. I know my
Mistake. But just not interested in building another.

I’m in the process of selling the second unopened  unbuilt kit. Actually it may work out considering the price spike on 80% frames

Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I built one and got a lone wolf lower parts kit. Ick to the LW internal parts. . I had issues with a trigger that I couldn't pull but since i didn't like the ergos I didn't try and find out the problem. It went back in the box. I went together nicely but yup,
I just built a 80% arms gst 9 and I love how that feels so built another.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to sound like a broken record again.

OEM Glock parts are always the best when replacing parts in a factory Glock or building your own frames. On my Freedom Wolf builds the only lower part that is not OEM Glock is the locking block since LWD decided to use a discontinued locking in their frames.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:32:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrEG] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By usmcmp:
I have not had good luck with their internals, had to replace almost everything.
View Quote

This.

Their 80% kit is pretty decent. The resulting gun is nice. But you cannot use their build kits, as they are hot garbage. So, if you can find Glock lower parts to put in a Freedom Wolf 80% build, party on. If you have to use their dog crap parts, don't do it.

Also, the clearance between the rails is greater on the Freedom Wolf kit than on a factory Glock. This led to some MAJOR issues with certain aftermarket triggers installed, so expect some trial and error.

All in all, if I had to do it all over again, I would just get a $400 PSA fake Glock or an Arex Delta.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I have done 1.
My experience follows the others.
Glock parts, careful hole placement, locking block.

Previously I did a few poly80's and pf45's.

I do have another all parted together and dagger top ready to build should I feel the urge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top