Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2019 5:07:20 PM EDT
My pawn shop has a Colt Tactical Officer's Lightweight, Lightweight Officer's ACP for sale. It's in stainless and looks to be in great shape. All original (as near is I can tell) for 1300 bucks. I haven't found much on them other than they are rare pieces, blah, blah, blah...
What can YOU guys tell me about them?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought an officer size 45 was gonna ring my bell,  and I got a SA ROC.   It ran 100%, but I never grew to really like it.  Got rid of it and my new colt clapp commander did it for me.

My hands are huge, I just never felt like I had a great grip on the short frame .

The officer was really nice to carry for sure.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice pistolas there, DVCER!
I think the one I'm interested in has the Commander frame. I can't find much on it. Plus, all the other names they're throwing out there that are similar to it, lol.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
May want to read from guys who own them. I just own the compacts, yet carry Glock

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice pistolas there, DVCER!
I think the one I'm interested in has the Commander frame. I can't find much on it. Plus, all the other names they're throwing out there that are similar to it, lol.
View Quote
Thanks, the top one is an officer size frame.  Colt and Baer on the bottom are true commander size, frames are about 3/4” longer than the officer size.   Of course the railed gun is a full size.

I really like the Baer, steel frame, but the colt does very well and it’s alloy frame is a bit lighter.   They all run great.  I just never warmed up to the short officer frame.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My pawn shop has a Colt Tactical Officer's Lightweight, Lightweight Officer's ACP for sale. It's in stainless and looks to be in great shape. All original (as near is I can tell) for 1300 bucks. I haven't found much on them other than they are rare pieces, blah, blah, blah...
What can YOU guys tell me about them?
Thanks!
View Quote
That seems a bit high for my area.  I think the perfect Colt would be CCO model.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Colt Wiley Clapp CCO
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Colt Wiley Clapp CCO
View Quote
That's nice, but I'm not really into large beaver tails.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a lightweight commander on the used market a couple years ago, has been a good gun, maybe a tad more felt recoil but you can still put them on target.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
"Stainless finish" ?

What is that?

The gun is made of stainless steel.
It is not a "finish."
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I like mine, it's a good shooter.

Mine.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#11]
You need to shoot one of these before you decide.

I have an Officers Model that I slowly built into a highly custom pistol (45 ACP) over several years, and I still have it.

What I didn't anticipate, was the muzzle flip when shooting.

Recoil has never bothered me, but this pistol had so much torque (rotational force) that it really slowed me getting back on target.
I couldn't shoot an accurate string of a full mag as quickly as I could with my Commander.

I ended up putting a Shumann hybrid comp on it, which tamed the muzzle flip, but it's too heavy to be as useful as I envisioned it.

It's still a well made pistol, but I keep it stashed in a secure place to be grabbed if I'm away from my regular defensive pistol.

Again, it's not recoil per se that I'm speaking of, but muzzle flip.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's nice, but I'm not really into large beaver tails.
View Quote
beaver tails make the 1911 much more enjoyable, controlable, and faster to shoot

the smaller you make a 1911, the less reliable it tends to be
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Kimber series 1 ultra cdp.  Gun shoots well but you can for sure tell when you are running full power HST or gold dots in it. It’s a very light 1911 with some punch.

Carry it sometimes but i don’t daily a 1911
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Your “big beaver” hate is going to limit your choices.

I like the big beavs, although some are just too big and fat.  Don’t like them.  A nicely rounded and smooth beaver tail is perfect.
Top Top