Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2022 11:29:05 AM EDT
I have a DA/SA HK and was looking at the LEM Models.

Which do you prefer and why: Light LEM, Heavy LEM, or DA/SA?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a DA/SA HK and was looking at the LEM Models.

Which do you prefer and why: Light LEM, Heavy LEM, or DA/SA?
View Quote

I went from V3 to light LEM. Carried my HK45C with the safety off, so deleting it and the decocker wasn’t a loss. The trigger pull and break are much crisper and generally feels much better. Since I carried it cocked, the LEM is a much better option since the hammer stays forward and helps keep some potential debris from getting in front of the hammer and preventing it from firing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I also converted my v3 P30 to LEM , back in the day.
I knew that if I didn't like it, I could convert it back to v3.
Then sell the v1 parts for very little loss.

Loved the V1 from the start, and haven't bought any of other versions since.

Current CCW is a V1 SK with the Todd Green spring combo, plus Grey Guns short reset sear and flat trigger.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
OP:

I like the LEM over the others because of the consistent trigger , over DA/SA.
If I want SA only, I'll carry my 1911.

The Todd Green Special (TGS) spring combo dates back to when HK only sold the V2 LEM , 7.3# trigger pull, in the US.
People scrounged around for the V1 , 4.3# pull springs to swap in.
Todd Green was a pistol trainer and writer, before he passed on.
While doing his now infamous +50k round torture tests on various pistols, ( Glock, SW, HK, 1911, IIRC) Todd found,  while putting and documenting +50,000 rounds through his P30, the V1 to be too much of a good thing, the V2, too little.
He discovered that if you swapped in the V2's heavier trigger return spring,  but kept the rest of the springs V1, the trigger reset becomes faster, and more sure.
All without making the trigger pull that much heavier than a pure V1.
The reason the TGS is faster than a pure V1, is because not missing a reset is more important for fast shot strings,  than the lightest pull possible.

About 6.1# pounds with the V3 hammer spring in s full size,  and 6.6# for an SK.
Because the SK doesn't have any lighter hammer springs

The Grey Guns short reset sear brings the reset to just before the trigger face reaches 90deg vertical.
Simply put, when you even start to think about easing up on the trigger to do a follow on shot, the sear resets with a tactile and audible Click.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top