Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2022 8:47:38 AM EDT
I put together a P365XL from a regular P365, so it still has the curved trigger of the smaller model.  Is there any reason I should seek out that distinctive straight or flat trigger on the factory XL (I assume the parts are interchangeable) or is this issue more one of appearance than function?  

The flat trigger seems it would make the pistol harder to use with gloves, but is there really any other difference between the two mechanically?

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I much prefer the straight trigger, but it’s a preference thing. It was an easy swap in mine. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never used the straight trigger. Saying that, the trigger on my 365 is to my liking. Changing out would be pure cosmetic in my case. I'd personally spend money on something else unless your trigger is crap, or, you have the excess cash and want to spruce up your pistol. I have no idea if it affect pull.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Installed a flat trigger on my 365.  Got the parts from Sig.  It came with a different spring.  For me, it made my finger placement better.  It seemed to improve my ability to press the trigger properly.  Not sure about using gloves.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t think it matters enough to warrant a change. If you’re ok with the curved trigger just leave it and move on.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t think it matters enough to warrant a change. If you’re ok with the curved trigger just leave it and move on.
View Quote

I suspect you're right and the novelty of the flat trigger probably isn't worth the $50 the parts would cost from SIG.

The issue of flat or curved trigger aside, I sure am impressed with the XL and find it far superior to the plain P365 - not that there was anything at all wrong with the smaller version.

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I get massive trigger slap with the curved trigger when using a Wilson grip module.  Didn't bother me with a standard Sig module.  The flat trigger doesn't do it.  Having used both, I have no preference between the two other than that.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here.

I bought a 320 with a flat trigger and fell in love. But my other 320 is curved and it's just fine. I bought a flat trigger for an AR thinking I would like it and I hated it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]
It's the same trigger mechanically. The pull weight or travel isn't any different. Just a different shaped face where your finger rests. It's just personal preferrence. Some people like flat, some like curved. Cosmetically, it depends on the gun for me. They look good on Sigs, and HKs to me. Not Glocks, or Berettas. Ergonomically I didn't think I would like it, but then tried it for the first time on my P320 because I thought it looked better on the gun than the curved options. Turns out I actually like them quite alot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I've changed out triggers in glocks and S&W SD series pistols and figured I would do the same thing with my 365XL. Well, I bought the kit from Sig and then looked up how to change out the trigger. It seemed overly complicated compared to those other two. So I sent it back. I did put a flat trigger on an AR15 and I liked it on that platform.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought the flat trigger from Sig. If I can put it on, anyone can.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Recently added a Mcarbo flat trigger for just a few more bucks than an oem, it is nice with a bit less reach and more room inside the trigger guard for a gloved finger.  For me it's an improvement over the oem flat or curved.  The fcu is easy to work on once you've done it once or twice.
eta: pic

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I prefer curved to flat triggers. I just changed all of my 320s that had flat triggers to curved. I switched the fcu on my 365xl, which I carry the most, to the one from my 365 with the curved trigger. I will eventually switch the flat in the 365 if I start carrying it more.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Same here...Not a fan of flat triggers.
Swapped out the flat trigger of my XL with a buddies curved P365 trigger...worked out for both of us.

Even if it was a PITA to swap out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I prefer the curved, but it's a preference thing.

switching them on the P365 is a bit of a bitch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top