Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2023 11:46:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo]
Another new player to the enclosed emitter field

I may pre order

I really like their company philosophy and I think this company is going to take off.

https://leadandsteel.co/product/pandora-pb-3-micro-red-dot-sight-black-fde-eta-june-23/

Specs:

3 MOA red reticle.
ACRO® footprint.
3V CR2032 – capable of 60,000+ hr runtime on various daytime settings.
7 daylight settings, 3 dedicated NV settings.
7075-T6 housing, designed for kinetic energy redirection.
30% larger window than Aimpoint ACRO® (21x16mm)
Deep serrations on housing for added grip.
Checkered standoff around objective lens for one handed slide manipulation.
Ocular offset to protect glass during pistol retraction through barriers.
Lifetime warranty for original purchaser.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see more companies adopting the footprint Atleast
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks pretty neat and Chinese. Windage/elevation adjustments look Holosunish.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebert] [#3]
I thought the whole idea of a red dot on a pistol was for it to be small.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

Assembled in Ohio, he is trying to source parts from Japan, Germany, Etc.

I mean atleast they are making an effort:

Promethean LP1
Housings are machined in hong kong, LED, circuitry, etc. from Tokyo, and final assembly in Columbus.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thebert:
I thought the whole idea of a red dot on a pistol was for it to be small.
View Quote

The idea of a red dot on a pistol is to increase the effectiveness of the pistol.

Different missions require different gear. For a duty/combat handgun I’m not overly concerned about size and more concerned about performance and durability.

On a concealed carry gun, size is more important.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:

Assembled in Ohio, he is trying to source parts from Japan, Germany, Etc.

I mean atleast they are making an effort:

Promethean LP1

View Quote

Good to know.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

The idea of a red dot on a pistol is to increase the effectiveness of the pistol.

Different missions require different gear. For a duty/combat handgun I’m not overly concerned about size and more concerned about performance and durability.

View Quote

Yeah. I get all that. But there are smaller options that are pretty tough, and if size does not matter so much on a duty/combat handgun then why not mount up a Comp M4? lol I just dont get the love for these Acro size red dots. I guess time will tell.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Heard back from L&S

Housing is sourced from USA, same as Promethian.

This is why I like them. They are honest about where stuff comes from and are trying as well as the are financially able to source from America and are open about trying to constantly move in that direction.

I hope in a few years they are a major player along with Trijicon and EOtech.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I just pre-ordered one. ETA is June, let's see how this goes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m late to this party, but I met the owner and he is a super guy. We have 2 of his rifle optics and they’re rock solid. We really like his rifle otpics.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I also preordered
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Yeah. I get all that. But there are smaller options that are pretty tough, and if size does not matter so much on a duty/combat handgun then why not mount up a Comp M4? lol I just dont get the love for these Acro size red dots. I guess time will tell.
View All Quotes

You're being intentionally obtuse with that comparison.
Not "overly concerned" with a speciation does not mean that it is completely irrelevant and anyone who is being remotely intellectually honest realizes that.

The acro style enclosed emitter dots are not significantly wider or taller than other, open emitter dots, they simply enclose the entire footprint.
While this does take up more volume it does not generally make them much harder to conceal, and if concealment is not important then that becomes entirely irrelevant.

I'm glad to see more movement into this space, especially with mostly (exclusively?) non-PRC components.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 7:21:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo] [#13]
UPdate:

Ship date got pushed back but it is due to them redesigning it to increase durability

On behalf of myself and my team, thank you for your patronage. As part of the initial Pandora pre-order group, you were promised a PB-3 by June.

My apologies, but as you might assume, we will not be fulfilling PB-3s this month. There is a good reason for the delay: We have raised the general durability standards for the pistol-mounted red dot sight.

Lenses have a habit of falling out of housings under a few conditions, which include temperature fluctuations that soften adhesives, misapplied adhesive, and impact/recoil that gives the glass the momentum to escape.

To solve this industry phenomenon, the PB-3 now features two mounting brackets that sandwich the ocular and objective lenses to the housing with locating tabs and countersunk fasteners. Combined with our Norland optical adhesive and curing procedure, the Pandora will set a new benchmark for optical-grade durability and reliability, finally giving you the confidence to replace your iron sights.

This change is being implemented as we speak, and we expect a new fulfillment ETA in August. As always, we will keep you apprised as we set up the lines for mass manufacturing.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Torx windage and elevation screws?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LamePostCount:
Torx windage and elevation screws?
View Quote

Neva been dun before

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 6:47:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo] [#16]
Got pushed back again for more redesigns

Anticipation for the arrival of the Pandora PB-3 has been truly heartwarming, and we appreciate your support. We come bearing important news regarding our manufacturing process, which has necessitated slight delays in the delivery timeline.

These adjustments are vital to ensuring that the Pandora PB-3 launch exceeds your expectations, embodying our motto of Rebelliously Innovative™.

Find our updated patch notes below for PB-3 improvements:

-Added clearance modification to allow for use with Ferro Concepts Titanium ACRO® adapter plates.

-Addition of gasket sealing plates for ocular and objective retention during recoil and impact vectors.

-Addition of bevel near battery cap for reholstering ease.

Because of these additional changes, we’ve had to push back our intended August ETA. However, approximately 50% of our housings have been machined, so we are now expecting fulfillment of pre-orders from 9/14-9/28. Our official launch is expected October 15th, giving you ample time to prepare, so get those slides ready for us!

Your anticipation fuels our passion, and we can't wait to unveil the perfected Pandora PB-3 into your capable hands.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a shipping confirmation

Will update
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#19]
The owner acted like a douche when he didn't get a favorable review on YouTube.  Hard pass, too many decent options.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
The owner acted like a douche when he didn't get a favorable review on YouTube.  Hard pass, too many decent options.

https://youtu.be/pFvhW6Gfd1g?si=pOqIL2K8kb648wLm
View Quote

The Promethean LP-1 Hype Train Derailed

I saw that awhile back. I’m skeptical anytime I see social media hyping a product, especially when it isn’t even fully out. It reminds me of the olight hype train from a few years back when they were giving away and paying for reviews.

This whole issue with the owner initially offering cash during the review and then threatens legal action is a huge red flag. That alone makes me want to skip LS from any consideration. Never mind this current optic where months and months of push backs for pre-orders are happening all the while examples are being passed around on social media. It’s all just very sketch. It makes me think the pre-orders are actually funding production which doesn’t give me much hope that QC is going to be were it needs to be as that cost almost always rivals production cost.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:42:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#21]

https://youtube/pFvhW6Gfd1g?si=pOqIL2K8kb648wLm
View Quote

The same YouTuber was pushing airsoft grade optics. such as victo-optics and kinda comes off as a tool/douche himself.

My interactions with L&S have been great and I'm happy with my LP1. Could things have been handled better yes. Especially with how mudslinging happens these days over the Internet.

The cease and desist wasn't about the negative review. The cease and desist was over bribing allegations.

But you also had a whole autistic reddit brigade jumping down the guys throat. The very brigade that only reads video titles and thumbnails 99% of the time. How many people have actually watched or read to get the whole story? GD is just as guilty of this.

I am in no way affiliated with L&S, I just like their products and they have done right by me. They didn't have to let me upgrade my Gen 1 model. I actually received a few calls/comms personally over any delays or upgrades. He didn't have to do that.

I'll take this thing over an Eotech any day. Is it the most durable option? Honestly no. But I do like it over what Holosun offers and I like it better than the Huey/8T.

If you want durability go with a T1 or Aimpoint Pro style optic. Cylinders are superior to a cubes. Corners are a weakness.

We are very good at eating our own unfortunately. It's pretty damn sad.

I want to see how this micro performs politics/panty twisting be damned.

I like my Holosun, but I really want a good/affordable alternative to the RMR/Acro that isn't owned and funded directly by the CCP

I would love to see L&S succeed and eventually have US Made Options, or at least US Assembled with Japanese/EU components.

Also his Company actually gave a damn about IL/WA residents when freedom week was a thing. He's got my business.

Off Topic from L&S: Why does DI Optical keep flopping in the US/Can't get an actual importer worth a damn that does good marketing?

First it was DI Optical USA, then It was Bushnell with zero marketing, then it was black water , Now it's KUSA... ugh I'm tired of seeing decent Optic choices fail.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:54:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#22]
Guntuber drama aside.

Some buyers are having tolerance issues with certain slide cuts.

L&S is offering to RMA those Optics for milling/adjustments. Looks like the turn around time is a week. Appears to be no charge for this.

I'd say that's pretty damn generous.Looks like the next batch will have these adjustments done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeadAndSteel/comments/17md4bz/getting_them_turned_around_as_we_speak_thank_you/

They are working on RMA'd Optics. If you are having any fitment issues they seem rather responsive.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#23]
Guntuber drama aside.

L&S is offering to RMA those Optics for milling/adjustments. Looks like the turn around time is a week. Appears to be no charge for this.

I'd say that's pretty damn generous.Looks like the next batch will have these adjustments done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeadAndSteel/comments/17md4bz/getting_them_turned_around_as_we_speak_thank_you/

They are working on RMA'd Optics. If you are having any fitment issues they seem rather responsive.

View Quote

How do you figure that generous? They have an out of spec product that as I suspected, has QC issues. They should be taking care of the customers that bought their product that isn’t made properly. That is basic customer service that should be expected.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:43:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo] [#24]
Originally Posted By MK318:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvhW6Gfd1g

I saw that awhile back. I’m skeptical anytime I see social media hyping a product, especially when it isn’t even fully out. It reminds me of the olight hype train from a few years back when they were giving away and paying for reviews.

This whole issue with the owner initially offering cash during the review and then threatens legal action is a huge red flag. That alone makes me want to skip LS from any consideration. Never mind this current optic where months and months of push backs for pre-orders are happening all the while examples are being passed around on social media. It’s all just very sketch. It makes me think the pre-orders are actually funding production which doesn’t give me much hope that QC is going to be were it needs to be as that cost almost always rivals production cost.
View Quote

Pre orders were funding production, partially. They were very up front about that. They are a small(er) company when you compare them to .mil contract giants like EOtech, Aimpoint and Trijicon. They also were honest about being at a point where they no longer have to do that and have the capital to fund new product design/production.

You can't complain about a lack of affordable US made/assembled optics and then attack a company actually trying to provide that because they don't have the market confidence in the market a GWOT funded optics company has.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:56:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo] [#25]

Initial impressions.

Mounted great on FCD ACRO MOS plate

It's so low stock irons might co-witness. I'll check next week. ETA: Negative, need just slightly higher sights. "Standard" co-witness sights are too high, at least for my preference as it takes up a lot of the window.

It is def chonky, but it's well thought out. Brightness adjustment on top and well protected with battery mounted on right side which is great for most (right handed) shooters. Seems super durable. Glass is well protected both front and back .

10 brightness settings. They are very honest about battery life at every setting unlike some other manufactures who say xx,xxx hrs at a medium setting. Brightness going to nuclear at 10. 6-8 seems to be the usable range without getting washed out from WML or sunlight.

Glass is absolutely clear with zero tint or distortion.

Have not shot yet just mount and dry fired.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#26]

Pre orders were funding production, partially. They were very up front about that. They are a small(er) company when you compare them to .mil contract giants like EOtech, Aimpoint and Trijicon. They also were honest about being at a point where they no longer have to do that and have the capital to fund new product design/production.

You can't complain about a lack of affordable US made/assembled optics and then attack a company actually trying to provide that because they don't have the market confidence in the market a GWOT funded optics company has.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvhW6Gfd1g

I never complained about the lack of affordable US made optics.

Did you actually purchase yours or were you given one or got one at a discount? Be honest.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#27]

I never complained about the lack of affordable US made optics.

Did you actually purchase yours or were you given one or got one at a discount? Be honest.
View Quote

Pandora I personally paid for at pre-order price

LP-1 I got one for T&E at work and liked them so much we are purchasing 10+ more.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#28]
So you do have a previous relationship with the company then? That is what I was getting at. Which kind of explains your excusing their constant delays and behavior away.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#29]
So you do have a previous relationship with the company then? That is what I was getting at. Which kind of explains your excusing their constant delays and behavior away.
View Quote

lol. No, the only relationship I have with them are a few email conversations with the owner which have been awesome and very responsive. Not sure if you find good CS suspicious or not.

I can only imagine it would be difficult to get a small, quality optic company up and running which sources quality parts from Japan and Taiwan and then assemble it in the US. It would probably be far easier to just rebrand one of the handful of Chinese red dots that everyone else sells. So, yes, I am rooting for Lead&Steel because of their company philosophy and values. If it comes off as excusing their not wanting to sell a junk product and make you be the beta tester then I guess that is what it is.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#30]

How do you figure that generous? They have an out of spec product that as I suspected, has QC issues. They should be taking care of the customers that bought their product that isn’t made properly. That is basic customer service that should be expected.
View All Quotes
Guntuber drama aside.

I was just saying they have excellent customer service, that is a given. They are getting these back to customers within a week or so, taking care of shipping, and even accommodating different slide tolerances from different companies and gunsmiths (which there will be variances and tolerance stacking). I was just stating that they are taking care of people. Other companies would of deflected to the slide/gun smiths being out of spec. They are owning up to it and taking care of things pretty quickly. They also take customer complaints/criticism in stride. Seems like they will be rolling out improvements on future batches.

I've had optic manufacturers and mount manufacturers tell me tough shit when an optic or mount don't play nice with each other. I can't recall them offering to take it back for milling or fitting sadly. A refund sure, but an optic manufacturer taking the time to fit an optic to a mount for me is news to me. I'm not used to that level of CS apart from Ruger. Primary Arms has a great warranty but does not even go that far. So yeah it's pretty generous, at least to me.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#31]

lol. No, the only relationship I have with them are a few email conversations with the owner which have been awesome and very responsive. Not sure if you find good CS suspicious or not.

I can only imagine it would be difficult to get a small, quality optic company up and running which sources quality parts from Japan and Taiwan and then assemble it in the US. It would probably be far easier to just rebrand one of the handful of Chinese red dots that everyone else sells. So, yes, I am rooting for Lead&Steel because of their company philosophy and values. If it comes off as excusing their not wanting to sell a junk product and make you be the beta tester then I guess that is what it is.
View All Quotes

Except even with the constant delays they shipped out of spec optics. You received a product for free from the company and have been in direct contact with the owner. You’re not being very transparent about your relationship with the company and you’re here essentially advertising for them. Red flag city.

If they make a good product, live up to the hype and praise that you and others on social media constantly give them, then they will do fine but stuff like this thread, the attempting to pay for positive reviews and even threatening to sue to bring down a negative review, doesn’t make me feel very optimistic about their successful future. I hope I’m wrong but so far I don’t see anything that leaves me feeling otherwise. I’ll stick with my P2 for now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:42:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo] [#32]

Except even with the constant delays they shipped out of spec optics. You received a product for free from the company and have been in direct contact with the owner. You’re not being very transparent about your relationship with the company and you’re here essentially advertising for them. Red flag city.

If they make a good product, live up to the hype and praise that you and others on social media constantly give them, then they will do fine but stuff like this thread, the attempting to pay for positive reviews and even threatening to sue to bring down a negative review, doesn’t make me feel very optimistic about their successful future. I hope I’m wrong but so far I don’t see anything that leaves me feeling otherwise. I’ll stick with my P2 for now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_6528_jpeg-3014951.JPG
View Quote

I’m been as transparent as possible answering every direct question you’ve asked lol. red flag city? Lol. Ok dude who’s been a member for 1 year.

I haven’t been advertising, I’ve been updating this thread since I started it.

I also think the ACRO is pretty good. Hope it continues to run great for you
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:14:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#33]

I’m been as transparent as possible answering every direct question you’ve asked lol. red flag city? Lol. Ok dude who’s been a member for 1 year.

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_6528_jpeg-3014951.JPG

You should have been transparent about your past dealings with the company from the start without being prompted. Especially when starting an ad thread pushing their product. Also, brining up my time on the site as an argument point is some of the weakest shit I’ve seen in awhile. Just because someone hasn’t been on a site long doesn’t mean they are new to shooting or in this case optics. Attacking someone’s join date in regards to an optics topic is narrow minded.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:55:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#34]

Attacking someone’s join date in regards to an optics topic is narrow minded.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Just to stay on topic, sounds like some interesting things going on, especially if they're paying for reviews. That's the kind of stuff I expect from Chinese sellers on Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:59:17 AM EDT
[#35]

battery mounted on right side which is great for most (right handed) shooters.
View Quote

Wat?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Wat?
View Quote

yeah, I got that backwards, disregard that. Good catch.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#37]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Thats_true-729.gif

Just to stay on topic, sounds like some interesting things going on, especially if they're paying for reviews. That's the kind of stuff I expect from Chinese sellers on Amazon.
View Quote

If you are interested, here is their response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwXscTcH1Y

Figure I should post it, as apparently I am a paid shill or bot or troll or whatever else.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:32:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#38]

Figure I should post it, as apparently I am a paid shill or bot or troll or whatever else.
View All Quotes

Well, you admitted to having a prior business relationship with the company where you were sent a product for free to T&E, you have admitted to ordering their products for work, (to use or sell, you didn’t specify but I’m thinking it’s the later), you were in personal contact with the owner and now here you are making a thread about the company all the while defending their actions as if you’re being paid to do it. You claim it’s no big deal that you have a business relationship with the company and yet now you want to act all hurt about your connection being brought up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I really wish they would mount the damn battery compartments on the right side of the optics.

Having anything hanging off of the left side of the optic really screws with my ability to run dots the way they're supposed to be run, ie looking at the target.  Anything that obstructs the left eyes ability to see down range is very annoying to me.  It's a minor complaint as the acro AND the LP3 appear to have very small battery caps but its still a complaint.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 10:20:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blacktoothgrin] [#40]

View Quote

L&S sounds shady as f***

Hop had a video on YouTube, as he was dragged into their BS but I couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#41]

L&S sounds shady as f***

Hop had a video on YouTube, as he was dragged into their BS but I couldn't find it.
View All Quotes

L&S sounds shady as f***

Found it.  

Where do Red Dots Come From?

Link Posted: 11/6/2023 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Found it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JThlZLXLjo

View All Quotes

L&S sounds shady as f***

Found it.  

I'm hesitant to post this because I hate drama, and I don't want to sh*t up this thread anymore than it already has been

Do what you will with this.

Just figured I'd post some of this since a lot of it has. Even pretty one sided. At least this way when people do research at a later date they can see both sides to this cluster fuck. The last link has videos from both parties.

https://www.reddit.com/user/LeadAndSteel/?count=25&page=4&after=t1_k19rjnh

Edit: Please disregard the downvotes. Some losers are botting us to stifle our voice.

I will never take a nap ever again. Lol

Okay time to peel back some onion layers:

I first submitted elementary drawings to the optic house in HK in mid 2020. Covid helped us get their attention with slower business in china, so we could leverage our (at the time) small ME team with their existing OE team. We went back and forth on architecture for a while; frankly we weren't the best clients as we were slow to work up the funds, but they still humored us over the course of 18 months or so, and got serious with us in early 2022. The deal we struck up was as follows:

They'd help us with design for free, and in exchange, we have to use them for all machined or molded components. This includes housings, molded components like buttons, windage & elevation drums, QD mounts, etc. In exchange, they'd give us trade contacts for emitter and glass manufacturers in Japan. This is why we have a smorgasbord of sourcing (for now) on both LP-1 and Pandora. This is also why you will probably see lookalike Pandoras eventually; more on that later.

So, I didn't have to pay an optical engineering facility $30K+ to help our ME team meet design parameters, and they made a premium on each component that they sourced for us.

During the various generational updates, this optics house farmed out our (and, of course their) legacy designs as "neutral" offerings. This is quite common overseas, especially if you rely on their technical input. We are regularly solicited by optics houses in china offering similar protocols. I am certain this won't be the last LP-1 looking optic you see.

You effectively receive a fast food menu with "blank" designs and you can engrave your logo or surface model the basic exterior aesthetics for free. Out of curiosity, I replied to the most recent one. We were quoted $54/unit for an ACRO P2 clone, one that looks identical to many of the chinese manufactured P2 clones out there. Erector tube, CR2032, etc.

I presume 3E reached out to the optic house we used for a basic red dot, and they innocuously received the legacy drawings they assumed we had forgone in between contact. 6061 housing, CR2 battery, etc. It's nearly identical to "our" Gen 1, which had the worst QD mount ever haha.

We've obviously made significant departures from our initial drawings, the majority of which have been shared on r/LeadAndSteel (including the Pandora's generational changes). If I had to guess, they didn't want to be associated with the same accusations, so the gen 2 was a healthy departure with their own feature set. It looks way cooler than my optic, that's for sure.

Such is the name of the game when it comes to firing off drawings overseas. There is zero IP protection, because there's not much that's novel. I've never publicly admitted this, but much of our internal architecture was borrowed from the LCO. So truthfully, I don't have much of a leg to stand on regarding "my design my right." I can only offer the market our product, our material selection, our feature set, and hope people like it. There is absolutely nothing that is eligible for a utility patent, save for potentially* aurawake. And with how similar all the big window red dots are, the LP-1 will never not be a "cheap knockoff" to some.

I presume the optics game will look closer and closer to the AR15 game as time goes on. But to assuage any concerns, we'll have a few social media posts over the next few weeks highlighting our engineering steps (and pitfalls) of our designs. I would hope that they're referred to like our previous disclosures on the subreddit as proof of us making things better as time goes on and feedback is piled in. We're not homework stealers, and neither is 3E. Hell, I'm certain they're more capable than we are.

And as an aside, our Elcan competitor does not seem identical in spec nor function to the 3E model, but I should probably procure one just in case. Kinda talking out of my ass, but at first glance, our pechan adjustment lever is in a completely different location, our current optic body is dissimilar, and our secondary optic mounting location and plate system isn't the same either. We also have an adjustable diopter, and the same QD system from the LP-1 for tooling conservation as we transition to fully US made LP-1s. It's currently closer to the Spectre 1-4X, but that's subject to change. We're also not using that factory to begin with; everything is being worked on in close collaboration with our partnered optical engineering facility in Florida.

Longest winded reply ever, but I hope that makes sense.

TL;DR The LP-1 is our red dot as much as the ARC is our AR-15, but with a few more proprieties.

Apparently they tried to order one of the Turkish clones, but the company did not want to import them.

Attachment Attached File

Regarding the Cease and Desist:

Meh.

I stated why his bribery accusations were fucked up, and that criticism of the LP-1 was not the topic of discussion.

He's trying to make it seem like I'm suing him over a negative product review, when the careless accusations are the subject of the C&D. It's disingenuous, and twisting my words through videoediting is all I needed to see lol.

I like the Halo music though.

If they offered Bribes, why didn't CDoes blow the whistle on it?
Attachment Attached File

The Full Saga
https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/16lsmvo/focustripp_v_ls_saga_so_far/

TLDR:
LP1/Pandora is not made in Turkey. Earlier version's IPs were up for grabs however.

L&S did not bribe for the review. They offered ammo as compensation for R&D/Constructive Criticism (Whether good or bad). The C&D was issued over the bribing accusations, not to silence or stop a bad review.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 4:49:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#43]
Seems the owner gets into scuffs regularly enough it’s pretty well known. For me, I really don’t care about that, if it’s a good optic it will rise to the top despite that. Calling Hop names is a bit much as he is probably one of the most level headed and objective reviewers on YT.  What does bother me though, are shills. This thread felt very artificial and the creator didn’t disclose that he has a working business relationship with the company where they sell this companies products. That means he has a financial interest in this product which means any review he gives is probably not going to be as objective as it should be. If you’re going to make a thread about a product, it is probably a good idea to disclose your connections to that company a head of time because it looks really bad when someone has to extract that connection out of you. This optic might be great but if you have to artificially declare its greatness, it makes a lot of people like me, skeptical. I’ve spent probably $15K on various optics this year, L&S wasn’t a consideration because of the artificial hype train and the cheesy fake discount pre-order sales. Those things are just big red flags.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Found it.  

View Quote

Good vid
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Good vid
View All Quotes

Found it.  

Good vid

I've been watching more of Hop's videos that aren't TFB TV, just because he seems level-headed and is okay stooping to the cheap ass level like something I would buy .  The only other person I can tolerate his James Reeves himself (not just for the shorty shorts).

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:48:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#47]
Any updates on these? Offering tanodize has me more interested.

And who cares about the drama. Focus is a mega shill for Vector’s airsoft grade crap. He shits on any brand that competes with them and I trust that creep about as far as I can throw a house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top