Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2020 10:22:20 PM EDT
When comparing the Langdon elite to the original Beretta Elite-II is the newer langdon better or worst or the same as a factory elite ii ?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
There's been a good bit of factory dehorning on the M9A1 frame that Langdon specced for his Elite. The LTT Elite also comes with a Vertec/M9A3 slide; the Elite II came with a heavier Brigadier slide.

Langdon says that the heavier slide isn't necessary or even desirable especially on a gun that could be used for competition; the lighter slide cycles flatter and there's no dip on rechambering like there can be with the heavy Brig slide.

If there were two NIB examples of each, if I were buying it to shoot/use a lot, I'd be getting the Langdon. The Elite II is nice and all, and I'd want it to collect, but I wouldn't run it like I would the Langdon.

FWIW I have a Wilson Brig Tac, and I'm probably going to be moving it and replacing it with an LTT at some point next year..
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's been a good bit of factory dehorning on the M9A1 frame that Langdon specced for his Elite. The LTT Elite also comes with a Vertec/M9A3 slide; the Elite II came with a heavier Brigadier slide.

Langdon says that the heavier slide isn't necessary or even desirable especially on a gun that could be used for competition; the lighter slide cycles flatter and there's no dip on rechambering like there can be with the heavy Brig slide.

If there were two NIB examples of each, if I were buying it to shoot/use a lot, I'd be getting the Langdon. The Elite II is nice and all, and I'd want it to collect, but I wouldn't run it like I would the Langdon.

FWIW I have a Wilson Brig Tac, and I'm probably going to be moving it and replacing it with an LTT at some point next year..
View Quote

I've been weighing doing the same with my BrigTac.  But I'd like to handle an LTT first.  My BrigTac is notably smoother in operation than my NP3 M9A1 Compact I had LTT perform their full house package on.   The operation of the slide on the BrigTac is like glass.   And while both guns shoot about the same, the Wilson just feels more refined.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've been weighing doing the same with my BrigTac.  But I'd like to handle an LTT first.  My BrigTac is notably smoother in operation than my NP3 M9A1 Compact I had LTT perform their full house package on.   The operation of the slide on the BrigTac is like glass.   And while both guns shoot about the same, the Wilson just feels more refined.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like my BrigTac, don't get me wrong...but a LTT Elite with their full house dehorn, trigger job, np3, and red dot ready slide...I've not heard of anyone thinking that's poo. There's a few places on the BrigTac frame that are hotspots for me, and from everyone I've read/talked to about the LTT with the dehorn job, none of those issues are there on the LTT when that's done...

Mainly it's an issue of "Do I want to send the Brig back to Wilson for their dehorn and then wait for LTT to figure out how to do a red dot mill job on the slide...or just buy an LTT with all of that already done to it out of the box"
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I really like my BrigTac, don't get me wrong...but a LTT Elite with their full house dehorn, trigger job, np3, and red dot ready slide...I've not heard of anyone thinking that's poo. There's a few places on the BrigTac frame that are hotspots for me, and from everyone I've read/talked to about the LTT with the dehorn job, none of those issues are there on the LTT when that's done...

Mainly it's an issue of "Do I want to send the Brig back to Wilson for their dehorn and then wait for LTT to figure out how to do a red dot mill job on the slide...or just buy an LTT with all of that already done to it out of the box"
View Quote

That's exactly right.  If they'd hurry up and start milling Brig slides, it'd be a no brainer for me.   The BrigTac doesn't have any hot spots for me.   The M9A1 does.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both the Elite and Elite II.
I also have the Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical.

I have one of the old Langdon “bump” trigger job 92Gs.

And some well worn stock guns.

The Langdon Elite with his trigger job I purchased shoots fantastic and is a better gun then the two factory Elites and the Wilson.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top