Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2022 11:12:53 AM EDT
Has anyone seen any LCP Max special editions yet?  Like stainless or cerekote slides?  I want to get an LCP Max, but for deep cover in coastal Georgia I want as much of a rust resistant finish as possible.  I know I could send it out, but I'm in no hurry.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat. As quick as I buy one and send it off they will come out with a stainless slide.  For a pocket pistol they have finally got it right except the slide finish.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
https://ruger.com/products/lcpMax/specSheets/13718.html

Lipsey's has a cerekoted slide now.  I will wait a bit to see what else comes out, but this is promising.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like 3 special editions available. I'm hoping for a DLC version.

Link Posted: 10/22/2022 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Rose Gold PVD

Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

When I think of something like that, I picture Khadaffi's bullet riddled body laying with one of those in his hand.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
And a dull chrome plated ak bayonet in his keister.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up a tungsten cerakoted LCP Max from Lipseys. It’s a nice touch, fit and finish is nice and it looks good too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#8]
They came out with a version with a red metal trigger, which is nice.  I have the LCP custom with the red metal trigger, which I like and which is my current deep concealment pistol.  Still waiting on a better slide finish before I buy.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up the FDE version tonight, will let you know how it goes long term.  Hoping the FDE coating is more durable than the thin black finish that comes on most of them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Just ordered the stainless steel slide version from Palmetto State Arms.   Exactly what I was waiting on. Glad I did not settle for the rose gold PVD!
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Got it.  Not that impressed.  It is basically the same size as my p365, but with a shorter barrel.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Shoots pretty low at 7 yards.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I love mine but had to take half the front sight down to get it to shoot point of aim. Was 10" low at 10 yards.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

I love mine but had to take half the front sight down to get it to shoot point of aim. Was 10" low at 10 yards.
View Quote

You two need to reach out to Ruger. This is a known, common issue. I had the issue and had my dealer send mine back in and they replaced the slide and barrel. It shoots acceptably now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I got around to calling Ruger.  They were super nice.  They sent me an RMA, prepaid shipping label, didn't even ask for a copy of my receipt.  
The rep did ask if I put very many rounds through (120), what kind of ammo ( (Winchester Ranger and Fiocci), did I try different mags (nope, only have the one that came with it) what hold was I using(both combat and dot the i) ?
Then she said some weird stuff like they will treat fire it before examining it, and may videotape that.  I was like "knock yourself out".  Still very pleasant, but it's not like I am claiming disability and working an under the table construction gig!
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#16]
So they just emailed me with a 7 yard target and said it shoots to point of aim, and asked how I would like to proceed.   I guess I will just have them ship it back, see how it shoots, and then either replace one or both sights or adjust my point of aim.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I got back out to the range.  What I figured out is that the hold I will need is achievable if I fill in the rear sight notch with a contracting color epoxy and "dot the i ".  I think I will give that a try, and if it isn't satisfactory I will get a higher rear sight.

ETA I took my LCP special edition (the one with the red trigger and real sights) with me as well, and it shot perfectly to point of aim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top