Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2023 7:07:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A96HondaAccordEX]
Got a new LCP Max a couple of weeks ago. Was reading all about it ahead of time. So I bought a M*Carbo trigger, hammer spring, and Talon grips.

Also bought a variety of ammunition to try out.

Blazer brass FMJ, Armscor FMJ, PMC FMJ, Sig JHP and Defiant TCX.

Today 1st time out with it today.

Started off with the Blazer(50) and no issues. Armecor(50) started off fine but on the 2nd or 3rd mag, I had the trigger lock up and couldn't pull back on the trigger. Check mag, rack slide and worked fine afterwards. Then it happened on the next mag. This time, I tilted the gun to look at it, while pointing down range. Shifted my grip and pulled the trigger and it fired from a hip fire position. Startled that it actually fired. The trigger felt like it was stuck. Then all of a sudden, it snapped back from the harder pressure. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the trigger dings. On the 4th and 5th magazine. I got a total of 4 failure to fire. I tried reloading the 1st one for a 2nd strike and still no go.

No issues with the PMC(50), Sig(20), and Deifiant(20).

So is Armscor shit ammo or is the aftermarket trigger and springs causing issues?

Also funny story about the trigger. I reading a bunch of people having their trigger finger pinched by the stock trigger. So I bought got the M*Carbo to prevent this. Well I started to feel the pinch after 100 rounds and start seeing a blister form. I was glad by the time I finished. I like how the trigger is nice and short but so much for being comfortable.

Another observation is, this gun isn't as snappy as I thought it was going to be. 2nd time shooting a 380 ever. 1st time was like 15-20 years ago on some heavy Bersa. I remember it being so snappy, only shot a mag or 2 and was done. I think my Shield Plus might be snappier. I did notice the Max had a bit more kick and I was slower to get back on target with the Defiant Munition. The Sig felt the same as the other range ammo.

*edit*

As I was looking things over at home, I realized the set screw for pretravel on the trigger is missing. I wonder if that had something to do with the trigger binding when it came off.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I will also say I'm not impressed by M*Carbo's customer service. I sent them a message last Tues. Got their auto response saying they'll get back to me in 48 hours and nothing yet as of today. All I wanted was to buy spare set screws for the trigger.

I ordered a Galloway trigger. Should be here today.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d put all the stock components in and retest.  That will tell you if it’s ammo or aftermarket parts causing your issues.

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 3:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
I’d put all the stock components in and retest.  That will tell you if it’s ammo or aftermarket parts causing your issues.

View Quote

Thought about it but both triggers are pretty sweet.

I finally got a response from M Carbo. Almost 2 weeks and they ask to call it in. Seems like it'll be easier to just handle it through email but whatever. Will order some set screws from them.

I installed the Halloway and it's feels like a nice trigger. It has a shorter pull but not adjustable like MC. It also doesn't have a hole to remove the trigger pin through the trigger, which was super handy on the MC.

Gotta get back to the range to see if Galloway bites me too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]
While we're at. Does anybody else's slide rattle against the frame when shaking the gun? The tolerance seems to be a tad looser than my other guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top