Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2023 3:06:24 AM EDT
1 with a TLR6 for nighttime carry when walking the dog and the other nude for everyday carry. Just less unnecessary bulk and weight when I don't a light.

Talk me out or into this idea. I already know about the latest rebate.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Great idea! More the merrier.....
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Brother, I'm in the same boat and thinking about doing the same. I was an early adopter of the Shield Plus and paid $499. These prices and rebates have me thinking hard about adding a backup.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 Shield Plus's, (2) are 9mm and (1) is in 30SC. One of the 9mm's sits on my nightstand with a TLR-6 on it. Handy little package. During the day, I carry either the other 9mm or the 30SC in stock configuration. Most days lately are the 30SC.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Two is one and one is none.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are looking for one you won't shoot much, $250 after rebate for the 30 SC is pretty hard to beat and gets a lot of ammo in your pocket.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are looking for one you won't shoot much, $250 after rebate for the 30 SC is pretty hard to beat and gets a lot of ammo in your pocket.
View Quote

I saw that deal for the 30 SC but I'm not sold on that caliber. 9MM has proven itself for decades, I dont want to be the guinea pig for that caliber. Dont want to add another caliber to the collection. Not to mention magazine capacity restriction now in place in WA.  Max is 10rds.  So going to 30 SC will not benefit me for the additional capacity.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Brother, I'm in the same boat and thinking about doing the same. I was an early adopter of the Shield Plus and paid $499. These prices and rebates have me thinking hard about adding a backup.
View Quote

I picked up the Plus I think last year or the year before where they were doing the Bug Out Bag with i think it was 3 magazines for $449 and also $50 rebate.  Killer deal back then.  I use that bag on flights and travel.

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a Shield plus OR for $349+tax a couple months ago. Plus I got the 3-15rd extra mags promo. So 5 mags total.
Unfortunately Smith decided to improperly mill the optic cut with a slight forward cant and also include rear recoil bosses so holosun 407k/507k/eps carry optics wont fit without grinding off the rear bosses.  
You can google the issue and nameless arms will do a repair mill to true the cut and mill off the rear bosses.
That kind of soured me to the shield plus.
It does shoot decent but Im selling it.  

https://www.namelessarms.com/product-page/m-p-shield-shield-plus-optic-ready-re-machine-for-holosun-507k-407k-eps

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:11:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked up a Shield plus OR for $349+tax a couple months ago. Plus I got the 3-15rd extra mags promo. So 5 mags total.
Unfortunately Smith decided to improperly mill the optic cut with a slight forward cant and also include rear recoil bosses so holosun 407k/507k/eps carry optics wont fit without grinding off the rear bosses.  
You can google the issue and nameless arms will do a repair mill to true the cut and mill off the rear bosses.

https://www.namelessarms.com/product-page/m-p-shield-shield-plus-optic-ready-re-machine-for-holosun-507k-407k-eps

View Quote

How can you tell if the cut has a can't? Obvious or hard to tell?
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't know about the "cant" of the cut.  I do know that I removed the rear posts, slightly shortened the front posts and the Holosun set right down on it with zero issues.

I built a 4" slide for it later and just bought the DPP adaptor plate from Amazone and it also worked with zero problems for a Holosun installation.

I'm going to buy another one, or a frame (frame would be smarter/cheaper) and put that .40 S&W slide/barrel on it.  Just need to get the .40 slide cut for another Holosun.  Works and shoots great so far.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How can you tell if the cut has a can't? Obvious or hard to tell?
View Quote

Its not obvious until you are aware there may be issue.
I measured mine with a caliper and mine definitely is not perfectly parallel to the slide axis.
I may not have even noticed if I would have been able to install the 507k.  Unless I couldn't get proper zero.

I first heard about it when I realized I would have to grind off the rear recoil studs to install my 507k.  That was my own fault for not researching first.  I just read "RMS-c cut" and made assumptions.
I found many threads saying it was no big deal so I was cool with doing it.  
Then I read about the improperly shaped recoil bosses flaring out at the bottom preventing proper seating of the optic even after grinding off the rear studs and the canted cut.
There are pictures posted showing the gaps underneath the optic after mounting.
The nameless arms link tells you all about the issues.

If you buy a regular Shield plus version then you are good to go.
I just cant recommend the optic ready version.
On the plus side, The shields slide has no mechanical items where the mounting screw channels are drilled so they can be drilled deep.
In fact, Smith drilled their holes all the way through the slide on mine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I saw that deal for the 30 SC but I'm not sold on that caliber. 9MM has proven itself for decades, I dont want to be the guinea pig for that caliber. Dont want to add another caliber to the collection. Not to mention magazine capacity restriction now in place in WA.  Max is 10rds.  So going to 30 SC will not benefit me for the additional capacity.
View Quote

Whoops, didn't realize you were not in free America. Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree with you OP. I think about getting the Performance Center Plus to go with my Plus model, to see if the longer barrel and options-optic cut, f.o. sights,etc., is a better fit/shooting gun for cc.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have the same gun and it runs my eps carry no problem. With the included plate of course.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Love my shield plus with TLR6

Wish I hadn’t sold my 1.0.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Love my shield plus with TLR6

Wish I hadn’t sold my 1.0.
View Quote

Why the regret. Never touched the OG but the Plus seems to be better at everything in practically the same size.

Picked up my 2nd Plus. Trigger is gritty so hopefully smooths out quickly after some range time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why the regret. Never touched the OG but the Plus seems to be better at everything in practically the same size.

Picked up my 2nd Plus. Trigger is gritty so hopefully smooths out quickly after some range time.
View Quote

Plus is great.

But the original Shield is ever so slightly narrower in the grip and weight is quite a bit less.  Would’ve been nice to keep around for cargo shorts pocket carry.

LCP Max will fulfill that role going forward.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Just picked up a Plus. I’m a Glock guy so we’ll see how I like it.
So far so good.
For $300 with the rebate and Black Friday promo I figured it was worth a try.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just picked up a Plus. I’m a Glock guy so we’ll see how I like it.
So far so good.
For $300 with the rebate and Black Friday promo I figured it was worth a try.
View Quote

Who / where is that deal?

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who / where is that deal?

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Fin Feather Fur in Ohio
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I recommend a good handheld light instead of a TLR-6 that has next to useless output in anything but a totally dark environment.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where can I lookup the rebates on Shield+ models?

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Where can I lookup the rebates on Shield+ models?

View Quote

https://www.swrebates.com/SW/#/promodisplay
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I recommend a good handheld light instead of a TLR-6 that has next to useless output in anything but a totally dark environment.
View Quote

Holding onto a leash, flashlight, and firearm makes it a bit challenging. For my case use, it just makes better sense. I wear a headlamp too at night but it's off unless I'm walking in the grass so I don't walk into shit that didn't picked up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:50:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought a stripped shield plus frame and had all the parts moved from my Shield 1.0 over.

now I've got a stripped shield 1.0 frame, and I'm wanting to rebuild it to do the same as OP.

Where would I find a parts diagram, and the parts to do this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I think it's a good idea

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top